onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

I think that’s come the summer there’s  no reason why some of those players already in contract won’t be made available. Especially once we start getting new targets into the club. I heard that there is interest in Smith from Stockport, but the simple fact is that he’s triggered an extra year on his deal which means that someone would have to pay a fee for him now. 
We triggered it, not Smith, I believe. Unless it's to ensure a fee for him (like Blackpool did with us for Garrity) then he's going nowhere

This all feels so different to Vale summers of past. The players love it here, love the owners and it’s surely a huge factor to see the likes of Gibbons and Benning not be tempted elsewhere.

I’d hope we can get both done. Proctor i would love to keep but depends on his injuries and what he feels he can do. He may choose to drop to non league and go part time for example.

Sets up an exciting summer and seeing what business we do, another proven striker would be ideal, a centre half and creative midfielder such as Politic mould.

Still potentially an issue with GK.

Overall though isn’t it bloody good to feel positive and excited about this club again!

9 minutes ago, philmpv said:
37 minutes ago, PV1973 said:
I think that’s come the summer there’s  no reason why some of those players already in contract won’t be made available. Especially once we start getting new targets into the club. I heard that there is interest in Smith from Stockport, but the simple fact is that he’s triggered an extra year on his deal which means that someone would have to pay a fee for him now. 

We triggered it, not Smith, I believe. Unless it's to ensure a fee for him (like Blackpool did with us for Garrity) then he's going nowhere

He triggered it by achieving the clause in the contract, but I’ve no idea if the club can decide to renege on that clause if they wanted to. I guess they can’t if it’s part of the contract. 

15 minutes ago, philmpv said:
43 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Yeah, I think with Smudge it shouldn’t also be under-rated that him and Tom Conlon have that academy they’ve set up together so makes it a lot easier to make a go of that staying here. Obviously if it’s life changing money that we are talking about then he’d be crazy not to take it but I can’t see some of the sums mentioned being offered to a centre back in all honesty.

Harratt to Bradford is a good move for him.

The choice of sub appearances for us or being the main forward for a promotion winning team next door to him? Perfect for his development.

He looked a tad green at times for us but clearly loved the big games (Brentford, Swindon x2, Mansfield x2) and his opener at Wembley secured cult status for the rest of his career. I did try and convince the other half that Kian could be our firstborn’s middle name, to no avail. We settled for James.

Seemed to bulk up and stop rushing things the longer he was here. Will do well (if the picture of him in a Bradford shirt is legitimate).

87698A2A-82B3-458D-A1E8-5AE8D31D2533.png

Yeah would have liked to keep Kian as clearly potential there and he’s a goal scorer.

Would he have featured week in week out for us? Who knows he’d had two great games at the end of his spell after rarely featuring but shown some promise.

Whatever happens the boy goes down in Vale legend for his goal at Wembley which will be talked about for decades.

I’m fully committed to the Lucas Covolan redemption arc. Let’s have it!

Gives us an excuse to play that banger which his chant is set to. Played it at Wembley. Wheel it up Kevin. Do do do do do do.

This could be an unpopular opinion but if he has signed for Bradford then I wouldn’t be too bothered. Yes, he has been a brilliant loan signing for us and contributed in crucial games. However, he barely played in this league so how much game time was he realistically going to get in League One? He was behind Edmondson in the pecking order for the majority of games. Some games he looked like he wasn’t ready, whilst he clearly has plenty of potential. 

I really don’t want to sound negative here because I love those group of lads, including Harratt. However, if we are to retain Wilson and Proctor then we need another first choice League One level striker. Harratt would barely feature I imagine. 

Archived