onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Proctor being offered a new deal is a good sign, although I was hoping a few of the players on 1 year deals left would be offered extensions such as Wilson. Not only does it protect our investment, it could motivate them more highly to stay in league 1. 
How do you know we haven't? This is the retained list, which is required by the EFL, so I'd only expect players whose contracts are up for renewal to be dealt with as part of that. Doesn't mean that other players not out of contract haven't been offered new deals

Advert

I might be reading something out of nothing but “re-engage” with Gibbo, Proc, Benning ….. is that we have not come to an agreement  negotiations ended and  the lads are now talking to other clubs? Will be gutted if Gibbo and MalB don’t stay.

I know it’s against the grain but I wouldn’t be bothered about Proc. Great player and key for us early doors but he can’t train most of the week and is really injury prone. I know he played a lot of games injured last season which is huge credit to him but I don’t think you can get away that playing against better opposition . 

2 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Harrat would be my number one target that guy is going places 

I seem to re call that at the time  Harratt was being targeted to join in the summer but was that impressed with the presentation that he asked Huddersfield's permission to join in January. Don't know if I have remembered correctly.

32 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

I would say that just as the rumour merchants didn't know for definite, you also don't know for definite Rob... could just be a good bit of business for the club to get a payout. A contracted promotion winning defender goes for a much bigger fee (or any fee at all) than a free agent.

Obviously, I hope that's nonsense and he stays. I'd be trying to tie him down to an extension.

Going off Smith instagram post. He's here to stay 

I knew the Smith rumour was too ridiculous. 5k for a defender in league 2 would be ludicrous 

Perhaps someone pulling the leg. Heard worse over the years, remember Ballotelli brother was expecting to sign at one point and robbie fowler 

Regarding the list. I was expecting Hurst, Robinson and Hussey to be there. I'd be amazed if any aren't sold/loaned out. While Hurst is young, he looks like he's going down the Personal trainer route and has a few clients already it seems. Fair play to him. 

Chuffed we've got a good amount of players to build on. Wasn't Worrall contract out in the summer? 

Get Proctor , Benning and Gibbo signed up and happy days. 

All best to Amoo. A fan favourite and on his day unstoppable. His cross to pope in the citeh game will live long in the memory. Amooooooo 

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I'd put good money on the likes of Salford and Bradford paying that or even more

They might offer that but doesn't mean players will automatically go there. Salford have thrown money at players since being promoted to L2 and other then a micky mouse trophy in the EFL Cup. Have nothing to show for it. 

Bradford a weird one. Fans are moaning about the structure of the club (no DOF or head of recruitment in place) and talk of new investors being put in. Plus Bradford is the place where ex vale players careers tend to die. Jones,Hornby and others 

Proctor is the perfect third striker.

We can't have him playing 90 minutes every game, and he can't train 4 times a week. He probably won't want to, having had a horrendous year physically. Limited training a couple of times a week and 30 minutes off the bench for a year, with the odd start to give the first choice a break, will suit him.

He's a top drawer target man with mobility and can finish. He plays like a leader and is vastly experienced at the level we're going in to. He seems to thrive in big games.

You get a younger version of him in to start with Wilson, but having Proctor to bring off the bench after 60 is a superb prospect. Hope he stays.

Surely that's what a rumours thread is for? The posting of rumours?
I would say the use of the word definitely (which Rob has put in bold) indicates that it isn't being written as a rumour. Use of terms like might be are more appropriate for a rumour

Really pleased to read the retained list; if we can get Benning, Gibbo and Proc re-signed then it gives a great platform to enter EFL1.  Yes, we could do with three or four more to give us a solid squad - but if we can keep injury free I can see us doing well with a bunch of blokes who know each other well already and have gelled as a team.

Cant wait for the start of next season and dead excited for the fixture list on 23rd June 👍

Cole Stockton has a year left but Morecambe are offering a new deal. I suspect that's an insurance policy for a transfer bid this summer. 20 in 30 appearances last season.

If there's any truth in those Telford rumours that have been circulating for a good while then our major focus afterwards should then be working with Villa to get Finn Azaz a season long loan in league one at a club with a fantastic dressing room and atmosphere where he'll be looked after immensly and only an hour up the M6. Clearly Rowberry found a magic combination with those two, 32 goals and 10 assists between them.

I think that’s come the summer there’s  no reason why some of those players already in contract won’t be made available. Especially once we start getting new targets into the club. I heard that there is interest in Smith from Stockport, but the simple fact is that he’s triggered an extra year on his deal which means that someone would have to pay a fee for him now. 

Archived