onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

2 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

I think Proctor will stay but the rumour spreading is that Smith may quell join Stockport on a more lucrative contract: I hope this is wrong but I hope Gibbons, Proctor and Worrall all sign

According to the club Woz is already signed up. Definitely keeping their business in house these days.

Advert

Firstly thank you to David Amoo. Thought he came in and gave us some excitement. Since then he’s slipped down the pecking order and has been used as a sub coming on in the centre forward position. Always felt that when he did he gave his all and gave the opposition defence, something to think about. Can’t be easy to keep yourself motivated when you’re a squad player, shows the measure and professionalism of him. He was involved with the celebrations at Wembley as well. David TY, you’ll always be a part of the PVFC transformation. 👏👏

Hurst and Robinson will probably go on loan, Robinson is more one for the future isn’t he?

I can see Covolan being let go potentially but otherwise it’s a decent outcome, hopefully Gibbons and Benning sign and have to see what Proctor does.

Could be only 3 leaving the club (inc 2 loanees) so not a massive overhaul likely, if we can get 5 or 6 quality players in on top and look to get some fringe players out on loan or moved on we would be in decent shape.

Echo what Playa said about Amoo. Good luck to the lad. Never really fitted in a DC system as such but still was capable of exciting and frustrating us during his cameos. Gave his all when played as a striker in November/December. 

Will certainly get a warm welcome back from me if ever at Vale as an opposing player.

31 now so hope he gets fixed up. 

As many have said, I’m glad we are keeping the strong core of the squad together. The renewal of Smith is massive - if Stockport want the lad, they’ll have to pay top money. I’m glad to see Stone get a renewal. For a 22-year-old lad, he has his faults, but his strengths outweigh them and I believe we have a very competent young goalkeeper on our hands, who will only get better with time. Fingers crossed Gibbo, Proc and Benning all commit to the cause, although I do feel as though Gibbo may have one or two clubs sniffing around him. 

As Joe B said, Amoo has been a good servant to the club but it was time for a change, especially considering he was one of the highest earners. 

I suspect the likes of Covolan, Martin, Jones and Hurst may be made available for transfer, whether that be permanently or loan. 

Personally, I think we need seven new faces going into the new season - factoring in the three offered new terms and the ones who may be made available for transfer, I’d be looking at this. 

GK - an experienced keeper, who has played at League 1 to challenge Stone. 

RCB - Lewis Cass would be ideal. If not, someone similar. 

CB - An experienced League 1 bruiser, who can also play. 

CM - A creative League 1 experienced midfielder. Conlon and Taylor are always prone to the odd injury, without them we lack creativity.

RW/LW - A Dennis Politic type. We need a game changer, Politic was that and I feel, in League 1, that is crucial. 

ST - Two need forwards, 1 experienced head and then I’d love Kian Harratt back. 

Happy with that, I think Covolan may well stay and fight for his place, a decent keeper in my view who did some rash things, but watching him celebrate seems to suggest he's still part of the set-up.

More than happy to see how the squad copes. Nice to see we are building on what we have rather than dismantling half a squad and starting afresh, that kind of loyalty reaps it's own rewards and encourages new faces to join. With a couple of additions I think we can hold our own. Obviously would like Harratt back but we'll have to wait and see. 

Still buzzing and can't wait for July, UTV.

In all the chat leading up to today, there’s been little mention of Sammy Robinson - will he be the natural replacement for Smith in 12 months time or is he the back-up for James Gibbons if he doesn’t re-sign?  Don’t think he’s kicked a ball yet so will be good to see him in pre-season - though unproven yet, if we trust the process could he turn out to be the CB we’ve been craving for?

Don’t want to appear negative but it seems a large number of players retained.

Darrell has said he prefers a Smaller Squad which if so, doesn’t leave much room for Incomings.

The Fitness of some of  those retained, based on this past season is also questionable .

I just hope we get some more Pace in the Squad and a Little More Quality.

UTV

Best of luck to David Amoo

Happy with the retained list - hope that the ones offered deals sign up. Can't see Gibbo going anywhere to be honest

I think a few players will still be moved on quietly to make room for some additions. Also, really hope we can get Kian back on another loan! 

Archived