onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Good advice for your daughter, but in this case if we want to improve we need some better player in the first team, not on the bench.

Nobody is suggesting we smash the whole thing up and start again, although if DC did that I don’t think anyone would question it, having done the same thing last season.

I take your point about Mal and Wozz but that’s just one game.  In the context of the whole season Mal has been excellent these last few games, but not featured much prior.  Wozz, playing through injury, has been below par second half of the season and faced criticism from sections of the fan base.  I’m a fan of both players by the way.

I have said that I believe this squad may not need much change - and I would be happy with seeing how it does before the January window. Having said that, I've also said upgrading 3 - 4 positions would be good if the players become available. But, I honestly believe that that's about as much as we need to do. If we were able to bring Cass in, that would be a good start. Getting Harratt back, the same. So maybe just 2 new players in. There's a lot to be said for having a squad that already knows each other - means the primary need is to get them to full fitness. Somebody mentioned Bolton as a big club, earlier? Really? A much lesser team than the current one turned them over on their own patch, not so long ago! 

3 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Michael Jackson is coaching their u23s? Don’t they ever learn? At least they are adults, I suppose. I mean I love Thriller but…

Is bubbles going to help with the team talks or just hand out the bananas.  🤔

The team and squad have done an unbelievable job in getting promoted this season. A huge congratulations to all those involved. We do need to strengthen though over the summer in order to kick on again. Putting the be emotion of Saturday to one side, Stone has performed brilliantly towards the back end of the season, but is he ready to be an established league one keeper? Are Harratt and Edmondson going to come back and score more goals than they did last season in League one if Wilson and Proctor are out injured? Only time will tell.

Port Vale are now an attractive proposition for potential new signings as we now clearly look after players and hopefully we can attract some quality signings that will enable us to be competitive in League one. 

Tying down the likes of Crosby, Wilson, Smith and Gibbons to long term contracts is essential for next season. UTV. 

55 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I have said that I believe this squad may not need much change - and I would be happy with seeing how it does before the January window. Having said that, I've also said upgrading 3 - 4 positions would be good if the players become available. But, I honestly believe that that's about as much as we need to do. If we were able to bring Cass in, that would be a good start. Getting Harratt back, the same. So maybe just 2 new players in. There's a lot to be said for having a squad that already knows each other - means the primary need is to get them to full fitness. Somebody mentioned Bolton as a big club, earlier? Really? A much lesser team than the current one turned them over on their own patch, not so long ago! 

The players will be available.  There’s no way on earth we will just bring in 2 players. We need 2 more forwards even if Proc and Willow are with us come the start of the season.

It was probably a much lesser Bolton that got turned over that day than the Bolton we’ll face next time.

Hope I'm wrong but think that's a goodbye from Proctor. If he was staying I think he would have mentioned next season. Wonder if he'll be retiring, his body has taken a right battering this season. Remember him posting a photo of all the pills he was having to take following his stomach injury.

I've just gone back and looked at the announcement when Proctor signed. Doesn't give a lot away but the words used are "initial one year deal", which would suggest we have an option to extend him.

Unless this retained list is a lot more ruthless that expected, I can't see Proc going anywhere.

Archived