onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

D3D4FOOTBALL.COM

Link which tracks the released players and signings in Leagues 1 and 2. Haven't updated it so we're in League 1 yet.

We may need to keep track of Championship retained lists, and we no longer need to look at Stevenage's and question if they'd 'do a job'.

Immediate thoughts:

• George Miller released by Barnsley. Did well at Walsall. Has scored at League 1 level before. A good age and a quick player.
  • Jon Nolan has been excellent in League 1 before, but fallen apart since Ipswich move.
  • Bostwick released by Burton.
  • Callum Camps left Fleetwood.
  • Tom Carroll + Myles Kenlock left Ipswich
  • John Marquis released by Ipswich. Used to be a goal machine in League 1, not worked since Portsmouth.
  • Hiram Boateng released by MK
  • Chey Dunkley released by Weds
  • Ebanks-Landell released by Shrews

I'd really like Boateng, Marquis, and Ebanks-Landell

Apologise for going off track. 

But I'm confused as to why Ipswich seem the consensus with bookies to be favourites. 

Yes big big club but didn't trouble the play offs.

I'd of thought Sheff Wed Derby Posh and Barnsley were all above them on the pecking order.

I'm not suggesting they won't do well but to be outright favourites seems strange to me. 

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:
D3D4FOOTBALL.COM

Link which tracks the released players and signings in Leagues 1 and 2. Haven't updated it so we're in League 1 yet.

We may need to keep track of Championship retained lists, and we no longer need to look at Stevenage's and question if they'd 'do a job'.

Immediate thoughts:

• George Miller released by Barnsley. Did well at Walsall. Has scored at League 1 level before. A good age and a quick player.
  • Jon Nolan has been excellent in League 1 before, but fallen apart since Ipswich move.
  • Bostwick released by Burton.
  • Callum Camps left Fleetwood.
  • Tom Carroll + Myles Kenlock left Ipswich
  • John Marquis released by Ipswich. Used to be a goal machine in League 1, not worked since Portsmouth.
  • Hiram Boateng released by MK
  • Chey Dunkley released by Weds
  • Ebanks-Landell released by Shrews
  •  

Bostwick gone Stevenage Joe. 

But I'm confused as to why Ipswich seem the consensus with bookies to be favourites. 
I'd of thought Sheff Wed Derby Posh and Barnsley were all above them on the pecking order.
I'm not suggesting they won't do well but to be outright favourites seems strange to me. 
Typical lazy odds at this stage. Always are

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Massive budget and McKenna, according to my Tractorboys mate, did a good job.

Their recruitment was an absolute shambles last summer, just signing anything and everything. They've probably learned their lesson and have a progressive young manager.

The Smith to Stockport rumour has been around for a few weeks.

On the one hand; local boy, League 1 football, great club atmosphere and probably will play most games.

On the other; a larger wage, commutable, guaranteed football and he's just had a child. Financial considerations will be at the forefront. Stockport will want proven League 2 operators.

Maybe it is fitting that he started his Port Vale career with relegation to League 2 and ends it with promotion. Maybe it's nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Fozza19 said:

Pretty sure Nathan Smith will be playing League Two football again when the season starts.

Port in the name? Yes. Port Vale? No.

Can't see it myself. He's settled in the area, will almost certainly get offered a new deal and can then just carry on with us at a higher level. 

He's also in my opinion, one of the more underrated stars of the team. There's a reason a succession of Vale managers have all consistently picked Nathan Smith. He's also added some of the "dark arts" to his game with experience now and at only 26, he can get better with age. I'd be delighted for him to sign a new deal with us and make that central role in the back three his own.

Pretty sure Nathan Smith will be playing League Two football again when the season starts.
Port in the name? Yes. Port Vale? No.
I think unfortunately you may be right. I love Smudge and he's a fantastic defender but his ability on the ball just isn't quite good enough. You don't need to be maldini but I think it's what limits him to league 2. If he could play a bit he'd be in the championship. He's been a magnificent servant for us and would make a wonderful signing in league 2.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived