onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

Benning has got better and better and better. He’s clearly a “footballer” who’s suited to free-flowing, nice looking football. The kind of stuff you see more regularly higher up the leagues. Maybe Jake Taylor too.

45 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Now the excitement begins,i cant wait to see who we are looking at for next season,i expect the retained list to be announced later this week,Worrall proved me wrong yesterday(love him as a player but thought he had faded,how wrong was I ) so he has to be offered something along with Stone,Benning(really improved for me),Gibbo and Smith(fantastic again yesterday in that central role)

Absolutely.

I love this more than the football ☺️

4 minutes ago, 1 said:

Benning has got better and better and better. He’s clearly a “footballer” who’s suited to free-flowing, nice looking football. The kind of stuff you see more regularly higher up the leagues. Maybe Jake Taylor too.

Taylor reminds me so much of Ray Walker.

I hope he fulfils his potential.

22 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Probably going to have 20 players signed up, if we extend Stone, Gibbo, Smith, Proctor, and Worrall.

I think Lucas, Hurst, and possibly Martin and Jones may be moved on.

It's been discussed ad nauseum I know, but I'd be sad to see Lucas go.

I think there's a good keeper in there.

And, for all that he's done well, I don't think we can rely on Stone at a higher level.

11 minutes ago, 1 said:

Taylor was pure class yesterday, think he will be a big player next season 

18 minutes ago, SFBT said:

It's been discussed ad nauseum I know, but I'd be sad to see Lucas go.

I think there's a good keeper in there.

And, for all that he's done well, I don't think we can rely on Stone at a higher level.

And covolan celebrated like he had played every game. Once again brilliant squad spirit

Not sure what we can do to improve the midfield for a league 1 campaign.

I suppose we’ll automatically get better when Tom Conlon returns, so that’s like a upgrading new signing.

Then Walker, if we can get him fit for the season. That’s 2 big ifs straight away, but upgrades if they come off.

Then Charsley, Taylor, Pett, Garrity all contracted.

Playing with 3 in the middle, unless DC moves some of those players on, that’s 8 centre mids alone if we get in the 2 higher-quality players we might need to be comfortable in league 1.

You’d have to think we’ll have a decent budget next season considering the amount of extra revenue from the playoffs, plus the fact the away following will be significantly higher and we have sizeable capacity whichever end we allocate to the away teams.  That said, some of the windfall could, and should, be spent on stadium improvements.

We can't fall into the trap of assuming players who have previously been injury-prone won't be next season. 

There's a few players who we have to assume will be absent for a chunk of games. They're good enough to warrant a place in the squad, but the depth needs to be there.

I'd like to see a keeper, another middle CB, a physical wing-back, a '10', and a forward with pace as the priorities.

Look at a squad of:

GK - Stone + NEW

RCB - Gibbo + Robinson

CB - Smith + NEW (younger, Inniss-type)

LCB - Hall + Jones

RWB - Worrall + NEW (fair few nice ones in National League)

LWB - Benning + Hussey

CDM - Pett + Walker

CM - Conlon + Taylor + Garrity + Charsley + NEW (creative, passing type)

ST - Wilson + Proctor + NEW (Harratt mould)

You'd look at loaning out/selling Hurst, telling Lucas he won't be first-choice, and offering to pay up Martin. Amoo released. I'd be willing to give Hussey another go but if he fancies being first-choice, it might be in both parties' interest to part ways.

You're left with 22, and then supplement that with a few loans.

12 minutes ago, Joe B said:

We can't fall into the trap of assuming players who have previously been injury-prone won't be next season. 

There's a few players who we have to assume will be absent for a chunk of games. They're good enough to warrant a place in the squad, but the depth needs to be there.

I'd like to see a keeper, another middle CB, a physical wing-back, a '10', and a forward with pace as the priorities.

Look at a squad of:

GK - Stone + NEW

RCB - Gibbo + Robinson

CB - Smith + NEW (younger, Inniss-type)

LCB - Hall + Jones

RWB - Worrall + NEW (fair few nice ones in National League)

LWB - Benning + Hussey

CDM - Pett + Walker

CM - Conlon + Taylor + Garrity + Charsley + NEW (creative, passing type)

ST - Wilson + Proctor + NEW (Harratt mould)

You'd look at loaning out/selling Hurst, telling Lucas he won't be first-choice, and offering to pay up Martin. Amoo released. I'd be willing to give Hussey another go but if he fancies being first-choice, it might be in both parties' interest to part ways.

You're left with 22, and then supplement that with a few loans.

My worry is we won't survive with the same injury record next season. I would release Amoo,pay up Hurst and Hussey. Look to get Cass,Edmonson and Harratt back,League One footie may be more appealing.

Benning,Wozza,Smith,Gibbo and Stone have definitely given their best efforts for a contract. Proctor will probably be offered one too.

As for the others,if fit,I think they're competitive. Taylor has only started 3 times but showed quality. Jones and Walker long term injured...can't carry too many passengers. Not so sure on Carskey although he came through Evertons academy. Will Conlon make a full recovery?

Yesterday is the best we've played all season. Harratt and Wilson have been a great pairing. Assists and goals

Some of you lot are ruthless. These lads are still nursing a hangover from the ale last night and you want to bin some of them….

We need space for 3/4 established L1 players to come straight  into the team plus room for ‘youngry ’ fringe players to push them.

Priority GK,CB,CM,ST

I expect a couple of contracted players to be told they will have limited opportunities next year and are free to find a club.

Gibbo and Smith are a MUST to renew.

Archived