onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Nice idea but despite any good intentions on the part of the players, the threat of impending redundancy usually has a detrimental effect on performance. 

Not an idea, it’s a fact. The problem with your negative trait is that your glass is always half empty and you continually look for the negativity and not the positivity. Let me give you the scientific definition of a negative trait.

“People with negative personality traits cannot admit to being wrong. It's like a part of them dies when they aren't the best around. This goes for family and friendly relationships, as well as work and business relationships. We all know that one person who just won't shut up until everyone sees their point of view”

Need I say more.

Advert

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:
Nice idea but despite any good intentions on the part of the players, the threat of impending redundancy usually has a detrimental effect on performance. 

I see you're starting early on your 'what a terrible man DC is to release players' ahead of the summer break. Give it a rest RZ. Judging by your posts since DC took charge, you'd only be happy if we'd kept all of last year's team at the end of last season, keep all of this years and last year's at the end of this season, and repeat ad infinitum. It's getting really boring

That is not it at all. I think we should have kept some of the players from last season for this season, and should get rid of some of the squad now but not necessarily the ones that we will. Was it really such a good idea to release Harry McKirdy for example? I don't like him as a public figure but he seems to be doing OK at Swindon. I like Lucas as a person but he maybe wasn't the best choice of goalkeeper. I am not trying to comment about Darrell the person, I wouldn't have wished what happened to him on anyone, I still don't rate him as a manager though.

11 hours ago, 1 said:

The loans make a night and day difference. Get players who are ready for league football at a young age, and they're often speedy, skillful, hungry, eager to impress and learn with raw talent. Get loanees who are just passed around until their contract runs out, showed promise as a youngster 5 years ago, to get match fitness, because they're never going to break into their parent team, then it's just a waste of time. The loans need looking at so they play and contribute, because the other top teams have core pieces through that avenue. Politic was ok in spurts, but we were nursing him back to health and he didn't fit the formation. We're taking too many risks that fall into "he's got amazing, league 1 talent if he stays fit and firing" - well not enough of these risks have / are paying off for the performances to stay persistently good.

Regardless of the league I really don’t see major changes. Probably looking at 3-5 new players to refresh it and address our weaknesses.

I think a few of our lads like Smith, ,Conlon ,Gibbo,Walker,Wilson will be better in L1.

On 03/05/2022 at 22:12, valefan16 said:

It depends on lot on which league we are in I guess, let’s base this on being in league two which is more likely than not based on odds.

Of the four loanees I would be tempted to look at keeping Edmundson, I think he does offer something but depends on Leeds plans for him.

Of the out of contract I would keep Smith, Gibbons (not sure clubs will gamble on him with his injuries just yet so should stand a chance), Benning, Proctor is a must and I would be tempted to keep Woz (assuming his hip is the problem and can be worked out over the summer).

Stone I would keep as a number 2.

I would release Amoo.

I would transfer list Covolan if the club don’t want him, Hurst and if they don’t plan on using him Taylor.

Replace Covolan with a decent number one. The Colchester keeper if available George would be a decent signing.

Bring back Lewis Cass on loan (or sign if available).

I’d love Piergianni, a proper old fashioned head everything centre half and a danger going forward from set pieces, would we have dealt with those far post headers we kept conceding earlier in the season with him in there? Possibly would see Martin make way.

If funds allowed a reliable centre forward to allow us to cope with losing Proctor or Wilson through injury and rest, ideally someone with a bit of pace. Maybe Simpson from Villa?

Creative midfielder to replace Taylor.

Maybe see what the Politic situation is in Italy as well.

Wouldn’t want to see another rebuild just the tweaks to push us that one step further, depth to the quality we have, sort the keeper situation.

Politic is yet to play at Cremonese according to the figures I have seen

ditch Jones and Covolon, keep Benning, get rid of Hurst, sign Cass and Edmonson if we can?

do some work on Worrall, needs some work on his over rotation on his hip..my professional job if you are asking and it’s obvious from watching him play 

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I suspect most of the out of contract players have started looking already. That is probably part of the reason for our decline in performance for the last 3 games.

It’s no coincidence that we go on a bad run, DC takes over again and you reappear coming out with clueless rubbish like this and harping on about player let go last year. You literally have no understanding of how football works. Every single player whether under contact or not is always playing for a new deal or to put themselves in the shop window, players are always hearing about interested clubs whether they’re under contract or not. You can’t equate this to normal working life. 

I think Norwood will have his pick of clubs with his record(Tranmere will be surely interested),should be interest from League one level surely
There was a rumour we were talking to him in January.....he has since gone back into the Ipswich team and done ok. He's perhaps the 'fox in the box' we are missing.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

47 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

It’s no coincidence that we go on a bad run, DC takes over again and you reappear coming out with clueless rubbish like this and harping on about player let go last year. You literally have no understanding of how football works. Every single player whether under contact or not is always playing for a new deal or to put themselves in the shop window, players are always hearing about interested clubs whether they’re under contract or not. You can’t equate this to normal working life. 

I wasn't equating it to normal life. I think DC said in an interview that maybe he released too many players at the end of last season. I do understand how football works. Or doesn't sometimes...

19 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I wasn't equating it to normal life. I think DC said in an interview that maybe he released too many players at the end of last season. I do understand how football works. Or doesn't sometimes...

Personally I don't think you have a scooby doo, you reference McKirdy, DC said he had spent quite a bit of time talking to him, he liked the Lad and wished him well.

10 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

This post clearly isn’t aimed at you @philmpv. But I only see the poster you quoted when someone quotes him so had to quote your quote of them.

It’s clearly obvious that other teams who are having a good run at the end of the season are not suffering this phenomenon… but every poster can see where he is going with this post. It’s sickening.

It’s a stupid comment by someone with a frankly embarrassing vendetta. Normally ignoring it is sufficient but given their willingness to continue it after what DC has been through is disgusting.

The silence on the topic when it happened was bad enough… pilling back in now just makes him an awful person in my book.

Please don’t quote him.

I encourage admin to have a good hard look at the posters intentions.

I encourage @Rampant Zebra to reflect long and hard about the type of person they want to be… because this version is horrible.

He was surprisingly quiet when we were on a good run, and hauled ourselves from mid-table to the automatic places...with the same players he's now pretending are suffering loss of form because - although the retained list isn't out - he knows they will become "redundant"! The man is an idiot...and a nasty one at that. No supportive words throughout DC's personal tragedy shows the measure of the man. Stop quoting him, please - there's no point trying to ignore him if you keep giving him the reaction he craves!

10 hours ago, MBE said:

Regardless of the league I really don’t see major changes. Probably looking at 3-5 new players to refresh it and address our weaknesses.

I think a few of our lads like Smith, ,Conlon ,Gibbo,Walker,Wilson will be better in L1.

You may be right, but I don’t see 5 in 5 out, unless that is new permys and then 3-4 loans are on top? In which case it might be. I think some of the players like Martin, Jones, Cov will be flipped like Legge.

9 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

There was a rumour we were talking to him in January.....he has since gone back into the Ipswich team and done ok. He's perhaps the 'fox in the box' we are missing.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

IF we went up then i think he is the kind of player to target but as i said there will be plenty after him imo and not sure we will break our wage structure

My comment might be a little bit influenced by yesterday's performance but I would like us to sign Ryan Edmondson as a player who has a lot of potential.

Has some experience, works hard, tall - maybe a bit of a target man eventually and has a bit of pace, also his touch isn't too bad.

probably needs to work on his decision making in the final third but who doesn't.

Upfront next season I would like to see 5 strikers on the books: Wilson, Proctor & another in the same calibre as these two but more a 'goal poacher' with pace. Edmondson (young with potential) and maybe a decent loanee.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Kane Smith from Boreham Wood, Ephron Mason-Clark from Barnet, and Joe Sbarra from Solihull are players I imagine are high on the Matrix's Big Board.

I think we will certainly have an eye on a couple of national league players with potential

Archived