onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

I suspect Smithy will be off.  Good riddance  I suspect many will say. He's done a shift for us never really been appreciated and stuck in a toss team.  Time for a change. Gibbo, best player at the club but not much use if you you hardly play, and he's done a few hammys. Which is not good. Maybe we could keep him a long term deal. Worth the gamble for me. 

Martin is pretty average.  Proctor I expect he'll be off.  Benning, has his moments but not worth a new contract. Amoo past his sell by date ditto Worrall. Sad to say. Like both on their day.

Think we are stuck with a few though. I mean who gave Hurst and Taylor those deals?  Nothing against them personally.  But I mean if you never set foot on the pitch what is the point? Jones looks like another who looks good on paper.  The game is not played on paper. 

You need men on the pitch.

Advert

11 hours ago, MBE said:

I would like to see us have a better rounded squad who can play a back 4 as well as 3.

My Shopping List regardless of League. 

GK - An real No. 1 GK

A nasty horrible bastard at CB. If L2 next season Pierginnani would fit the bill for me. Head on a stick, aggressive smashes anyone in his way, a proper leader.

A nasty horrible bastard in CM.

A player in CM who can dribble past a player.

Pace in wide areas.

Target man to backup Proctor or 2 if he doesn’t renew.

Pacey Striker with a bit of experience.

That makes 7 new faces for me so we would need to make room.

Agree with all of that apart from the horrible CM. He's already here, Brad Walker, ridiculous amount of bookings forever doing niggly fouls around the half way line. A fit Walker we don't capitulate. 

He's dirty, but also has a great passing range . Not played enough games due to injury and unable to break into a winning team. 

The last 3 games show his worth to the team. 

• robf changed the title to Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

THIS IS ASSUMING FULL AUTONOMY TO RESIGN AND GET RID OF ANYONE I WANT REGARDLESS ON CONTRACT STATUS - WHICH OBVIOUSLY CAUSES A HINDRANCE IN REALITY.

NOW                                                        A FUTURE DECIDEDLY LESS BLEAK 

HOLY COVOLAN STONE              NEW COVOLAN                                    

HALL HUSSEY ROBINSON           HALL NEW ROBINSON                         

GIBBONS JONES SMITH              NEW NEW SMITH

BENNING MARTIN                        NEW CASS                                            

WORRALL GARRITY WALKER       WORRALL GARRITY NEW                

CONLON TAYLOR HURST             CONLON NEW NEW                            

AMOO CHARSLEY PETT               NEW CHARLSEY PETT                        

WILSON PROCTOR                        WILSON PROCTOR                       

ALL LOANEES                                ALL NEW LOANEES

9 OUT AND ALL LOANEES BACK

11 NEEDED

1 GK, 2 CBS (CASS 1), 2 WBS, 2 WING, 2 CMS, 2 CFS

THAT WOULD ONLY BE 2 LOANS, SO MORE COVER COULD BE SOURCED

NEW

NEW CASS HALL NEW NEW

NEW PETT CONLON

NEW PROCTOR

SUBS:

COVOLAN

SMITH

WORRALL

GARRITY

CHARSLEY

WILSON

ROBINSON

TO BE SERIOUS AT THE TOP OF LEAGUE 2 / LEAGUE 1, THAT'S WHAT IS REQUIRED

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

The last 3 games show his worth to the team. 

I'd agree with that. To me, Walker seems to be one of those players who thrives on a run in the side. He was really looking the part when he got injured and in addition to the defensive role, his size helps aerially and his passing gave us another attacking option apart from the flanks or a hoof up the park. I think it's no coincidence this poor run has coincided with his injury. 

Release - Benning, Amoo

Transfer list - Covolan, Hurst and Hussey

Send all the loans back

Sign - GK, LWB, CB, CMx2 (one perm and one loan), STx2 (one perm and one loan), Winger (both footed would be awesome)

Quality of the above positions depends on the league we are in, but the rest of the squad I think can make it in either

bar 2/3 players, the majority of people will agree with who to release and who to keep. but it may come down to who we're stuck with regardless of desire for pastures new.

For me, despite the gloom after the Newport game, I don't think we need too much doing.

I'd be happy with a new first-choice keeper. I think that's a priority with Stone as reserve (he's still young so I think some criticism has been a little harsh - he could still develop)

I'd be very happy with signing Cass if he's available (which gives options in a back three and cover for the RWB slot) and I think we need some experienced cover upfront. I agree with the idea of one permanent and one loan signing upfront.

I think Vale will be keen to offer new deals to most of the out of contract players - Smith (can't understand the stick he gets sometimes), Gibbo, Proctor and Worrall but I wonder if one of two under contract will be transfer-listed? Perhaps Covolan and Taylor? I wonder if Hurst and Robinson will be sent off on loan for the first-half of next season too. A loan is always a good way of seeing if a fringe player is worth a new deal or not I think.

Now having said that... the Vale managerial team will undoubtedly release 18 players and sign another 18!

Bearing in mind we may still go up, as gutted as I am at the moment, we aren’t too far off a very competitive league two squad. That said, I think we have a number of players who are more suited to 442: Worrall, Amoo on the wing, Hussey, Smith, Martin. For me Gibbo is too injury prone and Worrall is struggling through a long term problem.

I think the available personell the last few games would have made 442 a better option.

Anyway, I think preseason we need to have a proper look at Robinson and maybe start with him in August, I think if Hurst is still under contract we need a proper look at him as wingback. We need alternatives to both those of course. 
Benning has had 5-6 arguably MOTM performances but across the season, not enough. I think Hall and Charsley have been good additions. Proctor I’d keep on, Garrity vies with him for POTY.

I like Walker, Pett has blown hot and cold. Wilson, mmmm not entirely sure. Conlon, not quite a given due to injury record.

i think Brown was a better keeper than any of his replacements though Stone has been unspectacularly reliable.

When we finished in decent shape under Askey, we made the mistake of not keeping on moving forward, so, as well as we’ve done, still some surgery needed. As others have said, more pace throughout wouldn’t go amiss but especially at the back.

I’ve criticised Smith but only in the position he is playing at the moment, it doesn’t work. 
As a proper centre back he is excellent at this level as a stopper but not when he is asked to be creative 

27 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Bearing in mind we may still go up, as gutted as I am at the moment, we aren’t too far off a very competitive league two squad. That said, I think we have a number of players who are more suited to 442: Worrall, Amoo on the wing, Hussey, Smith, Martin. For me Gibbo is too injury prone and Worrall is struggling through a long term problem.

I think the available personell the last few games would have made 442 a better option.

Anyway, I think preseason we need to have a proper look at Robinson and maybe start with him in August, I think if Hurst is still under contract we need a proper look at him as wingback. We need alternatives to both those of course. 
Benning has had 5-6 arguably MOTM performances but across the season, not enough. I think Hall and Charsley have been good additions. Proctor I’d keep on, Garrity vies with him for POTY.

I like Walker, Pett has blown hot and cold. Wilson, mmmm not entirely sure. Conlon, not quite a given due to injury record.

i think Brown was a better keeper than any of his replacements though Stone has been unspectacularly reliable.

When we finished in decent shape under Askey, we made the mistake of not keeping on moving forward, so, as well as we’ve done, still some surgery needed. As others have said, more pace throughout wouldn’t go amiss but especially at the back.

You cannot be serious about Conlon?

we can't go into another season with willo, proc, walker, gibbo and conlon and expect anything other than the fill ins playing more games. the problem is they are going to be higher earners, so to get players of that calibre who actually play could raise the budget. 

16 hours ago, werstayinup said:

This will be controversial Rob but i wouldn't be shocked to see Worrall leave,Amoo will certainly be let go imo

we've seen the best of worrall, so it makes sense to let him go. he signed an improved contract so that good money being saved.

Archived