• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Advert:

32 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I'm reading that Carol is making all the changes on Saturday not Andy Crosby (little fan who goes every game someone named Tim).

This week she will bring Edmonson on after an hour,play Holy up front and Robinson in the number 10 role.

This is an example of the absolute tripe full of speculation with no substance to it.

Oh,and Tim says it definitely might rain tomorrow. Or it may not.

Dc made the changes on Saturday. Whitehead had ear piece in taking instructions off him…. It’s not tripe in any way shape or form 

Dc made the changes on Saturday. Whitehead had ear piece in taking instructions off him…. It’s not tripe in any way shape or form 
Thought we played on Monday
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, THE DAD said:
35 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Thought we played on Monday

Monday then

Edited by PortVale4Life

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Buzzing with this news and for Darryl the twists and turns continue. Just the sort of thing that's going to put the cat among the pigeons both with our players and the opposition. I suddenly feel much more confident that league one is no longer out of reach, we can really do this, believe.

Edited by vale@rocks
  • Like 1

Not feeling very confident. As Sproeey said on Radio Sjoke  Vale are a streaky team, unfortunately we are now  on a losing streak. Currently would struggle to back us to win our next game against anyone, never mind Exeter. Should we manage to win cannot see the other results going our way that would mean automatic promotion. Its Vale , history tells us  our world doesnt work that way. 

As regards playoffs , assuming we will make them, we are the team going into them on the crest of a slump. Usually the team that goes up via this route is the one who comes into contention with a late run of form not the team who had it in their own hands and blew it.

But at the beginning of the season would have snatched your hand off to be in  this position . Less so a few weeks ago when it was ours to lose and I suppose thats the  real disappointment.

Advert:

It’s great news having Darrell back!

However I listened to Nathan Smith’s Press Conference and he said we have a team of Leaders  

Well on Monday against Newport after their 2nd goal went in, not one player seemed     to even be bothered ?

For once Vale turn that talk into action and get yourselves into League 1 

UTV

• Like 1

Guest Vale at home
5 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

I'm reading that DC has being making all the changes last 3 games(big fan who goes every game someone named Tim ) if so and true then we need go back to ACs methods and team selections as its not plainly not working and the team do not seem as together as what they were .
V Bristol Rovers I didn't understand the D Jones substitution and the fact he hasnt been used since he had our best chance equalise so it was hardly his fault we lost v Walsall no comment no idea what went on there lost 2-0 so something wasn't right then the other day I'm still trying get me head around why Harratt was brought on for Benning (he didn't touch the ball not his fault as we took off our 3 most prominent players second half )Wilson who was having a much better second half for Amoo who hasn't featured under AC much ,we need win and taking all our players who were looking dangerous and left Worrall on who should have come off .
Charsley was running the show with Garrity and Pett and you took him off for Gibbons no offence but for a game we needed win the subs smacked of somebody having no idea what they were doing .
So tomorrow no tinkering play the same 11 all game if indeed he is back and running the show .
Vale expects play offs minimum or what was the point in all the praise you have received all season from other managers .
I'd personally take anyone in the play offs just get there
UTV

Well said I agree . 

Guest Vale at home
44 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Not feeling very confident. As Sproeey said on Radio Sjoke  Vale are a streaky team, unfortunately we are now  on a losing streak. Currently would struggle to back us to win our next game against anyone, never mind Exeter. Should we manage to win cannot see the other results going our way that would mean automatic promotion. Its Vale , history tells us  our world doesnt work that way. 

As regards playoffs , assuming we will make them, we are the team going into them on the crest of a slump. Usually the team that goes up via this route is the one who comes into contention with a late run of form not the team who had it in their own hands and blew it.

But at the beginning of the season would have snatched your hand off to be in  this position . Less so a few weeks ago when it was ours to lose and I suppose thats the  real disappointment.

I am still  so Disappointed. And upset . It not that vale lost the 3 Games .   It how Vale Lost . No pride or Passion . It that that upset me . STOP going on about Ruggie mugs and Video . And concentrate on plating Football . The season is not over yet ., 

Advert:

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

I will have 2 if still available. Please let me know either way.

No Thank you . But I do hope vale win at Exeter . 

2 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

I am still  so Disappointed. And upset . It not that vale lost the 3 Games .   It how Vale Lost . No pride or Passion . It that that upset me . STOP going on about Ruggie mugs and Video . And concentrate on plating Football . The season is not over yet ., 

Did. You. Used to. Work in. A. Telegram. Office.? Stop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, MBE said:

Apathy lifted

DARRELL CLARKE’S BLACK AND WHITE ARMY.

Welcome back Gaffer

New manager bounce??

I thought Andy Crosby . Did very very well . And vale won a lot of games . But let’s see what happens on Saturday .