Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Advert:

55 minutes ago, 1 said:

I think we should just treat McKirdy like any other striker. The vast majority of forwards have been neutralised without too many problems over the course of the season. Don’t get emotionally invested, just stick to the shape and stave him out (throwback saying.) One of the reasons we lost at home to Swindon was an obsession with getting too tight to him far out from goal, then leaving space in behind. Cov is the scapegoat, but he was taken to that head rush because McKirdy was singled out for no real reason. See the big picture and beat Swindon, not McKirdy.

Dom Telford wasnt all that against us so I'd treat McTurdy the same

53 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

To be honest, iv just been looking back on who Swindon have been beating over the last couple of months to get where they deservedly have got - they have had a comparatively "easy run in" - only Forest Green out of all the higher finishing teams, so while I personally think they have done fantastic from where they were two weeks before the season started, in no way are they unbeatable. 

I also don't really understand the Hairy one hatred - he didn't do it for us for whatever reason, but has turned it round brilliantly - good luck to him (after next thursday) 😍🤣👍

Same as Mansfield 

Beat Stevenage, Scunthorpe and managerless Crawley

Drew with FGR,Salford and lost to Sutton 

And Nigel Clough is still moaning about referees 

We haven't 1 penalty awarded all season...the only team

Mansfield 6 Sutton and Swindon 10 each!

• Like 1

Advert:

4 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

Pierce Sweeney, number 26, he’s an Irish lad, not sure how he knows DC but he seemed to.

Other than a handful of games for Bray in Ireland, he’s only ever played for us so he can’t have played for DC before.

Maybe DC has already tapped him up for a move north……😬

• Haha 1

To be honest, iv just been looking back on who Swindon have been beating over the last couple of months to get where they deservedly have got - they have had a comparatively "easy run in" - only Forest Green out of all the higher finishing teams, so while I personally think they have done fantastic from where they were two weeks before the season started, in no way are they unbeatable. 
I also don't really understand the Hairy one hatred - he didn't do it for us for whatever reason, but has turned it round brilliantly - good luck to him (after next thursday)
I agree on Mckirdy, it didn't work for whatever reason at Vale, but I've never heard him slate us. Yes he cupped his ears at the fans earlier in the season, but I don't blame him He was getting dogs abuse all game
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

So close, yet............... 🤣🤣

19 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

It goes back to his time at Crewe.

He pushed Gibbo over the advertising hoardings during the game with Crewe

Advert:

Bristol Rovers spent fewer days in the automatic promotion places this season (0), than Manager Joey Barton had court cases for aggravated assault (2).

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, connor hackett said:

I agree on Mckirdy, it didn't work for whatever reason at Vale, but I've never heard him slate us. Yes he cupped his ears at the fans earlier in the season, but I don't blame him He was getting dogs abuse all game emoji1787.png

As he deserved!

20 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

McKirdy is rumoured to have phoned all his Stoke mates from the team coach after the Stevenage away game saying how crap Vale were. 

He played that night didn’t he?

Advert:

He got himself a contract at the Vale and I thought that not having the travelling back and forth to Carlisle he would have been grateful considering the manager at Carlisle was glad to see the back of him.

For what ever reason it didn't work out and he got a years salary off Carol for very little return.

8 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

This was a classy gesture by Vale, very much appreciated by our fans. Apparently we also left a congratulations card and a crate of beer in your dressing room after the game too, so there was a Vale / Exeter love-in yesterday 💕 

Good luck in the play offs, I’ll be watching with interest 🤞

Yet another video to show DC is a genuine, caring bloke! Never been sure where the nasty rumours came from - except from somebody's imagination? He's certainly a popular guy!

• Like 1