Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Advert:

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

If you believe some of the tripe on here DC was in charge remotely for the Newport game and to blame for our loss emoji6.png

Yup 

I remember reading the post but won't refer to it again! 

Shall we say Tim's inside info was speculative to say the least...

Anyway,it's Harry McTurdy.

Let's see how he does against 11 men 

Today's result gives us all hope...Exeter had lost 2 at home before today...fantastic result

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

Well done Vale, we battered you but didn’t really open you up much and you defended well. Great finish by the big lad up top. Good support too, couldn’t hear you much because of the acoustics but heard you loud a few times and could see you clapping even when we couldn’t hear you.

Gutted we didn’t get the championship but it seems FGR deserved it in the end. Shame we couldn’t have got a draw off you to clinch it, but there you go, it’s still a brilliant season for us.

Good luck in the play offs, hope you join us in league 1. Class for your players to give us a guard of honour when we returned to the pitch. Nice to see the mutual pitch invasion end well with shared support, clapping each other, etc and no bother, the way it should be.

All the best 👍

That's an awesome post FBH - thank you so much! There is room in football for rivalry without the ugly nastiness often displayed by many fans! I have respect for both FGR and yourselves, so as long as we made the playoffs it didn't matter to me who became Champions? It felt a bit demoralising that we threw away 9 points in 3 of our last 4 games - and wouldn't have needed them all! But, we're in the playoffs and I hope we join you in what ought to be a good League next season, with some big names to play! Good luck and well done!...ps...our fans and owners are class and deserve some respect!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

Well done Vale, we battered you but didn’t really open you up much and you defended well. Great finish by the big lad up top. Good support too, couldn’t hear you much because of the acoustics but heard you loud a few times and could see you clapping even when we couldn’t hear you.

Gutted we didn’t get the championship but it seems FGR deserved it in the end. Shame we couldn’t have got a draw off you to clinch it, but there you go, it’s still a brilliant season for us.

Good luck in the play offs, hope you join us in league 1. Class for your players to give us a guard of honour when we returned to the pitch. Nice to see the mutual pitch invasion end well with shared support, clapping each other, etc and no bother, the way it should be.

All the best 👍

Good luck next season Fred.

Make sure you take 6 points off Barton's team. He'll be watching it from Cell 23 sharing with Ben Dover

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

4 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Just looking at the table and that 5 mins of injury time at Sutton is so, so costly. How could we not have seen that game out.

They didn’t even need the flaming points! 😩

Rochdale away for me 

3 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Rochdale away for me 

In fairness, those two points we threw away there would simply have had us join Northampton in being done by Bristol Rovers on goals scored.

Over the season there will always be moments you look back on in terms of points dropped etc. We’ve also had moments like Leyton Orient and Barrow where we have snatched wins. 

The Walsall and Newport games were where we really did ourselves in. Had we bounced back at Walsall after the Rovers defeat I’m sure we would have got the job done. Alas we didn’t so it’s time to put the 46 games in the rear view mirror and focus on two games against a good Swindon side and hopefully a third at Wembley if we manage to get past them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Good luck next season Fred.

Make sure you take 6 points off Barton's team. He'll be watching it from Cell 23 sharing with Ben Dover

Ouch!

• Like 1

Advert:

58 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Calm down, take a deep breath and read the second and third lines and cut the unnecessary pontificating out. 

Hey steady on, it’s tongue-in-cheek jesting, no ‘pontificating’ as you put it. Swindon and Walsall bring me out in cold sweats (and seemingly our players). 

57 minutes ago, DazFred said:

You have a long memory my friend. I bet the fans of today have no idea who you are on about

That game, together with the Stein penalty and the Corden(?) missed penalty vs Arsenal are I think the three biggest disappointments I’ve had as a Vale fan. Canvey Island did come close to the top-3 though as did QPR 4-4 and the 2-0 loss away AT SWINDON when we first got relegated with Rudgie.

That game, together with the Stein penalty and the Corden(?) missed penalty vs Arsenal are I think the three biggest disappointments I’ve had as a Vale fan. Canvey Island did come close to the top-3 though as did QPR 4-4 and the 2-0 loss away AT SWINDON when we first got relegated with Rudgie.

Allan tankard missed the pen ☹️, cordon did get the equaliser though in the actual game
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Tankard missed penalty! 

Mine include the Stein dive and the McAllister winner for Leeds in the FA Cup as well as the Sheff U defeat when we conceded twice in injury time in the cup 

For the QPR game,every goal was at the Hamil End. The only goal that was 2 foot over the line by Naylor,wasn't given! 

It's been a great day today and hopefully we can keep it going

1 minute ago, dazzerjames said:

Allan tankard missed the pen ☹️, cordon did get the equaliser though in the actual game

I think the ball landed in Tunster park

Advert:

As some of you know I love just outside of Bristol. Been out with Mrs Osh for grub this evening and drove down Gloucester Road - the Gas Heads we're well and truly on the piss. Fair play to them they deserve it after that performance today.

Well done Vale - let's go and spank Swindle.

FBH - cracking post m8. Class. Good luck in EFL1 - hope you beat everyone except us

• Like 2