Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

I regret giving my tickets back, but with work and finances I needed to keep myself free if I was going to get a chance to see the playoff game next week by any means, so can’t grumble! 

As for the performance, it showed a real determined effort with lots of battling throughout the side. We wanted the ball again which was just not the case in the last few games. Still not convinced on our quality but a Wembley day out is on! 

Advert:

Brilliant.  Good old Clarkey comes up with the formula.Super Vale. Now bloody well win the play offs. Hope Carol/ Kevin enjoy a few sherberts tonight. They deserve our thanks and total appreciation for giving us Valiants back our pride.

• Like 2

I think save for an FGR winner, that’s as good we could have hoped for at 3.15 today.

Swindon not exactly easy and I’m sure McTurdie would love to stick one in us again but IF - and it’s a big IF because I thought they looked very good in our home game - then I’d fancy us against either of the others in the final.

Advert:

Great result, well done lads. Don't want to hear any what if downers. What's happened has gone. Look forward to the job that's now in hand and get 100% behind the lads for the next two massive games. UTV

• Like 6

Well done vale. It's typical vale really to win away at Exeter when alot of people like myself thought they had blown it after the Walsall and Newport defeats. 

Swindon will be a tough game as they have an excellent away record and we don't tend to do well against them. Either way there will be a good crowd at Swindon and at vale for those play off games.

• Like 1

Advert:

Well Done Vale, Now let’s go to Swindon, Give a Professional Performance and get to Wembley. Don’t Forget to wind up McKirdy and put him in his place !  

UTV

• Like 4

Never in doubt 😀

Seriously I am really proud of every single player and member of the coaching staff. When we needed them to pull something out more than ever they have gone and done it. Bottle that up and take it into the playoffs and we are more than a match for anyone.

• Like 3

Advert:

On 06/05/2022 at 16:48, jeffers said:

DC has brought a new player into the squad, Posit Ivity. Can we all wish, pray, demand, hope for a result tomorrow. Anything but the negativity that some people currently have. I am just about putting last weeks game behind me, I / they / you cannot keep looking back. We need to look forward and hope that the play-offs can give us one final chance.

KTF….SVA

Well played Posi and welcome back boss.

SVA 🙌🙌🙌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1