• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Exeter playing well but Vale defending valiantly (see what I did there..?? )

Great goal from Willow - could do with another please Vale.

This is just like FGR away. Be first to the ball in defense and then snatch a goal on the breakaway.

Cone on you Cheeky, Cheeky Whites!!

Advert:

Decent first half that. It looks like we've gone back to basics first and foremost, which I welcome. Gibbons looks way off it atm, which isn't surprising. Hussey was poor as well before he went off. Good finish by Wilson and good build up play by both Benning and Proctor. Step in the right direction so far

Moment of sheer class from James Wilson, goals change games.  Great save from Aiden Stone.

Keep the shape, concentrate and don't give away silly free kicks and we will be OK.

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

Decent first half that. It looks like we've gone back to basics first and foremost, which I welcome. Gibbons looks way off it atm, which isn't surprising. Hussey was poor as well before he went off. Good finish by Wilson and good build up play by both Benning and Proctor. Step in the right direction so far

One of the most satisfying moments ( besides Wilson's goal, obviously) was Gibbo's meaty challenge , got me up for it good style..Come on Vale

Advert:

One up only just got it one there commentators think they will turn it around so we have to play better than first half for sure second half .
We are attacking our fans so I expect see quality galore .
Wilsons goal worthy of winning any game let's hope it wins this game UTV

Come on Vale.  A massive 2nd half. 

Please defenders and midfield - concentrate and no stupid back passes.

Can we please have a Vale goal as our nerves are all shot to bits.

1 minute ago, WV said:

Most nervous I have felt as a Vale fan. 

More nervous than the relegation battles I have seen Vale in when the Exeter players come into the Vale half and threaten our goal.  This is for a promotion playoff slot and then we have the playoff games to go through as well.  Will we all last? 🤪

3 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

More nervous than the relegation battles I have seen Vale in when the Exeter players come into the Vale half and threaten our goal.  This is for a promotion playoff slot and then we have the playoff games to go through as well.  Will we all last? 🤪

Yep,  I was more nervous for that game against Chesterfield for league 2 survival.

Advert:

3 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

That emoji is banned, it’s a McKirdy Twitter favourite.

Advert: