Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

2 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

As usual on my two hour Saturday morning walk, I took the role of Port Vale manager. These are my conclusions:

A must not lose game. Simple.

Team A: A team whose only aim is to get a point. Plenty of sh*thousery: time wasting, breaking up play, feigning injury, winding their players, getting in the refs ear etc. etc.

Stone

Smith.                         Martin.                           Hall.                      Hussey

Gibbo.                                          Pett.                                             Benning

Garrity.                     Charsley

Proctor

Team B: A more ambitious side. Capable of beating any side in the division on its day. Will need majority of the players to be better than their opposite number to win and relies on the majority to have a 'good game'. This team could also expect to get that all important point. If fit:

Stone

Smith.                 Martin.           Hall

Gibbo.                                Pett.                             Benning

Garrity.                      Charsley

Proctor.                 Wilson

Finally, Team C. A totally different animal altogether. A team set up to take the game to the opposition and go for an all out victory from the start. Again, relies on each man being better than their opposite number and 'having a good game'. Please note though, this team won't be going totally 'gung ho' as it knows it can't afford to leak too many goals. With the players we have available and if fitness allows, it could look like this: 4141

Stone

Gibbo.                      Smith.                        Hall.                Benning

Pett

Amoo.                        Garrity.                    Taylor.                 Worrall

Proctor

Already looking forward to next Saturday's two hour walk where I'll either  be considering a team for the play offs or who to retain, release or who to bring in. Great stuff!

UTV

That was a productive couple of hours well spent. Think I prefer Team B. 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

Having not been able to get tickets for todays game and treat my missus to a long weekend away in Devon I purchased tickets instead for the live screening at Vale Park. However,  having had a very sleepless night dreading the worst scenario today I cannot subject myself and my old ticker to actually watching! I am going out in the hope of NOT knowing any scores until the read out at 5pm. At the very worst then I'll have a brief heart attack and usual moment of utter frustration other than sitting through 90 plus minutes of purgatory.  I wish EVERY single one of you fantastic Vale fans, wherever you are, a brilliant day. If we do achieve promotion I'll probably celebrate from a hospital bed, such is the intensity and ludicrous pressure Vale put on us more mortals!

I'm going out for a bike ride with the Mrs, have a look at the final scores when I get back.  Its the only way I can cope! 

• Like 4

I don't think that a point away at Exeter is beyond us which would see us grab a play off place, but lose and we may well get pushed out by the likes of Sutton. I'm predicting Cobblers to grab that 3rd spot, probably deservedly, and then that leaves us facing the likes of Bristol, Mansfield, Swindon Sutton or Tranmere. 

Anything could happen then. 

• Like 1

It’s going to be 22C at kickoff time, so a fairly toasty afternoon in store for both sides, considering the English weather. Who will handle it better? Meanwhile, it’s going to be 35C here in Houston. Very hot for this time of year. It’s all relative . Up the Vale !! 

• Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

I'm going out for a bike ride with the Mrs, have a look at the final scores when I get back.  Its the only way I can cope! 

Smart move . Enjoy the bike ride with your better half, and hopefully you’ll be looking forward to an extended season for the Vale when you get back. UTV 

• Like 1

Am in Lisbon watching. Am fairly chilled as whilst would love to have seen us do it automatically, I think the stutters in Jan and then last 3 games might have scuppered it. Put that right next season and could be different story. Atè o Vale.

• Like 2

Just got back from the pub with the trouble having had a couple of cheeky pints and a BLT

Quick snooze then watch the game.

Have a feeling we'll pull off a surprise today. £10 already bet with Ladbrokes

Come on you Cheeky, Cheeky Whites!

UTV and KTF

• Like 3

Just got back from the pub with the trouble having had a couple of cheeky pints and a BLT

Quick snooze then watch the game.

Have a feeling we'll pull off a surprise today. £10 already bet with Ladbrokes

Come on you Cheeky, Cheeky Whites!

UTV and KTF
Hope your right

Advert:

Not sure what to expect from the team today after the previous games.  But getting nervous and just hope we try to score and put up a fight to get 3 points. 

The other results we can't influence, just hope we do justice for the fans who have travelled and the fans at the ground watching the view back.

Come on Vale, we believe you can get the 3 points today.

Glad Edmondson back in decent player .
Hall back in that's good also our best all round defender can pass it also and lets hope Gibbons shows his quality.
Charsley is a surprise that lad never stops running .
His he going 4 at back then Pett and Garrity and Hussey in midfield then Proc /Edmondson up top or it's 3 -4 -3 .
Lets hope its a system get Vale some goals .
UTV

Advert:

So it's 343 

Edmonson will give us energy and running 

Gibbo will hopefully push up as far as he can and it means he will be on the ball more than Smith on the wing 

Hussey will be on free kicks and corners so I understand his selection 

I'd like to see us be positive from the off 

We have Amoo,Harratt,Benning and Taylor who can change the system if needs be. Not sure if Wozza is fit or not 

Good luck to the team and supporters. Just give us your all and that'll do for me