Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

7 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Exeter will be partying regardless and lets face it Forest Green being top all season and there the best team in the league (sorry Fred binneys head good lad you are).

Nah, not having that, last few weeks they’ve been utter <ovf censored> whereas we’ve been consistent throughout. Whoever finishes top will be the best team over the course of the season. Obvious but true.

But yeah, we’ll be partying whatever happens 👍

• Like 4

Advert:

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Christ this has gone somewhat astray. 

Just checked into our Torquay digs. Reasonable weather. I think a few cold ones are in order.

SVA 

Digs in Torquay, is Fawlty still there. Enjoy

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Good luck to the players, management, staff and all those travelling down to support the lads.

Whatever happens come 5.00 pm it's been another 46 games full of highs, lows, frustration, elation, joy and sorrow. One thing you can never lay at Vale's door is that it's never dull. 

90 minutes of full bloodied fight is required and there's no reason why we can't do it, tough as it may be. The Gaffer is back and that in itself is great news and if anyone deserves a good result then surely it's him.

Win, lose or draw, what will be will be, up the Vale.    

• Like 6

Not sure what the crack is here?

But @Vale at home is a good bloke, and a proper Vale fan. Grow up mate.
I never said he wasn't a Vale fan. In fact, I clearly acknowledged that he was.

I simply pointed out that they have aged 58 years in a few months.

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I never said he wasn't a Vale fan. In fact, I clearly acknowledged that he was.

I simply pointed out that they have aged 58 years in a few months.

I've misunderstood " he's clearly a Vale fan" then. My mistake.

I thought you were taking the piss:upthevale:

Advert:

I've misunderstood " he's clearly a Vale fan" then. My mistake.
I thought you were taking the piss:upthevale:
I swear that I wasn't mate. I'm not that subtle when I'm ripping it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

Not Topless Tina from Tunster?

Cheaper rates 

Local call

Allegedly

Now listen here you lot - if you are going to come on here commentating on Big Brenda and Tina from Tunster,  I would thought you would at least have the decency to give us their phone numbers - NICE 😍 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Advert:

Just thrown the radio out through the window! Fed up of hearing about Exeter.... first trophy chance since ...... 

Now tuned to Radio 2.

Have a great day Vale supporters in the glorious Devon sunshine.

Hope the day turns out favourably!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I just wanted to say I wish you well today, it might be difficult to take 3rd spot given that Bristol Rovers have Scunthorpe at home, but Vale definitely deserve a play off spot.

For us, time to reflect on an awful season and start to plan for League 2.

Thanks also for being kind to me with regard to the dark clouds over the club I love.

• Like 9

I just wanted to say I wish you well today, it might be difficult to take 3rd spot given that Bristol Rovers have Scunthorpe at home, but Vale definitely deserve a play off spot.
For us, time to reflect on an awful season and start to plan for League 2.
Thanks also for being kind to me with regard to the dark clouds over the club I love.

I do not understand the dislike of the Alex from some Vale support we are 90 mins away from the unthinkable and playing you again 3 games ago we were out of this league and now we are very much in it .
I want a miracle today for the owners
and the people who work there socks off behind the scenes to make the players life's as comfortable as
Come on Vale

Advert:

Posted (edited)

As usual on my two hour Saturday morning walk, I took the role of Port Vale manager. These are my conclusions:

A must not lose game. Simple.

Team A: A team whose only aim is to get a point. Plenty of sh*thousery: time wasting, breaking up play, feigning injury, winding their players, getting in the refs ear etc. etc.

Stone

Smith.                         Martin.                           Hall.                      Hussey

Gibbo.                                          Pett.                                             Benning

Garrity.                     Charsley

Proctor

Team B: A more ambitious side. Capable of beating any side in the division on its day. Will need majority of the players to be better than their opposite number to win and relies on the majority to have a 'good game'. This team could also expect to get that all important point. If fit:

Stone

Smith.                 Martin.           Hall

Gibbo.                                Pett.                             Benning

Garrity.                      Charsley

Proctor.                 Wilson

Finally, Team C. A totally different animal altogether. A team set up to take the game to the opposition and go for an all out victory from the start. Again, relies on each man being better than their opposite number and 'having a good game'. Please note though, this team won't be going totally 'gung ho' as it knows it can't afford to leak too many goals. With the players we have available and if fitness allows, it could look like this: 4141

Stone

Gibbo.                      Smith.                        Hall.                Benning

Pett

Amoo.                        Garrity.                    Taylor.                 Worrall

Proctor

Already looking forward to next Saturday's two hour walk where I'll either  be considering a team for the play offs or who to retain, release or who to bring in. Great stuff!

UTV

Edited by Diego Maradona
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Digs in Torquay, is Fawlty still there. Enjoy

I remember Phil Sherwin telling me years ago that he once went to Torquay United and the programme seller was the image of John Cleese. 🙂

Sorry off topic but had to get that one in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We need what we have got to be more confident and effective. For example the strikers should get in the opposition box and be in positions to score!!!!!! I don't think we can change the fundamental shape of the team which has been drilled on three central defenders with wingbacks the whole season. Changing to 451 is a recipe for being 1-0 down after 5 minutes. We could do with not playing Exeter and having easier opposition. But given we are, I think playing away and being forced to defend and counter attack may be better than being at home and playing on the front foot.