onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

This was a classy gesture by Vale, very much appreciated by our fans. Apparently we also left a congratulations card and a crate of beer in your dressing room after the game too, so there was a Vale / Exeter love-in yesterday 💕 

Good luck in the play offs, I’ll be watching with interest 🤞

Advert

11 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

This was a classy gesture by Vale, very much appreciated by our fans. Apparently we also left a congratulations card and a crate of beer in your dressing room after the game too, so there was a Vale / Exeter love-in yesterday 💕 

Good luck in the play offs, I’ll be watching with interest 🤞

Who was the player who gave our gaffer a hug and a kiss? number 2something

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

I've no doubt McKirdy and Williams are their best players.

However their home record is poor 

They've won 9 out of 23. I know we've only won 11 but I think we need to set up similarly to yesterday.

Be competitive,don't allow space and play them high up the pitch.

It's a level playing field now and we must be hugely confident as only 2 teams had beaten Exeter away before yesterday.

We haven't actually lost to the top 2 this season

dispatch mr mckirdy to row z asap please gibbo.😁

I can’t believe the pessimism on here about facing Swindon and McKirdy.

Just a reminder Swindon are a L2 team who finished below us in the league. 👍

Fear absolutely no-one. How many other teams in the playoffs beat the top 3 away from home? 

Positivity please.

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

dispatch mr mckirdy to row z asap please gibbo.😁

Exactly my thoughts 

Then Hall 

Then Smith 

Then Martin 

And little pipsqueak moaning Jonny (I'm not confident) Williams. I remember seeing him on the Sunderland documentary. What a wuss

17 minutes ago, MBE said:

I can’t believe the pessimism on here about facing Swindon and McKirdy.

Just a reminder Swindon are a L2 team who finished below us in the league. 👍

Fear absolutely no-one. How many other teams in the playoffs beat the top 3 away from home? 

Positivity please.

Spot on

54 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Spot on

Totally agree clearly it's going to be a difficult game and Swindon are a good team (best team I have seen at vale park) at our level but their and our recent form until yesterday seems to have gone to both the Swindon and vale fans heads. I think also the Swindon win at Vale park when they beat a 10 man vale reserve side has something to do with it. 

Judging by some of the people on the swindon forum the match is a piece of piss for Mckirdy and co. Well bring it on is all I say I would make us favourites as when I look at the teams we have the better players!!
Good there over confidence will bite them on the region they do not want be bitten on .
Walsall let them win to try oust us out they going get there karma.
There is nothing be afraid of in there team or support .
They have ok players we have better .
Would I swap Mckirdy for Wilson No Wilsons going score some big goals now ,that Mckirdy partner forget his name would I swap him for Proctor,no if Jamie plays at his best we will open them up and I wouldn't swap any of there midfield with Garrity who does the work of 2 on his own .
I believe at Vale park we put our worst performance of the season against them (wasn't there so no idea away )but when you consider Conlon was playing with a injury all 90 and our goalkeeper got sent off for little more than nothing in fact the long haired yeti made it look far worse than it was )maybe had a lot do with it .
Bring it ON Vale can defeat them

Just now, Breadwinner said:

Good there over confidence will bite them on the region they do not want be bitten on .
Walsall let them win to try oust us out they going get there karma.
There is nothing be afraid of in there team or support .
They have ok players we have better .
Would I swap Mckirdy for Wilson No Wilsons going score some big goals now ,that Mckirdy partner forget his name would I swap him for Proctor,no if Jamie plays at his best we will open them up and I wouldn't swap any of there midfield with Garrity who does the work of 2 on his own .
I believe at Vale park we put our worst performance of the season against them (wasn't there so no idea away )but when you consider Conlon was playing with a injury all 90 and our goalkeeper got sent off for little more than nothing in fact the long haired yeti made it look far worse than it was )maybe had a lot do with it .
Bring it ON Vale can defeat them emoji123.png

Exactly and I'm pretty confident we can dispatch them I'm guessing DC and Crosby feel the same as this game is not a one off its over 2 legs. There fans think they just need to turn up to win some are away for the play offs but are happy they are back in the country to go to Wembley!!

They are also a team I feel the vale can do well against they score goals but we can keep them out and they look poor defensively and can be exposed. Providing we put in a performance like yesterday at there ground and get a nil nil or 1 nil win they are goin to have to come to vale park and attack and thats when I feel we can pick this team off. We can frustrate them.

I think we should just treat McKirdy like any other striker. The vast majority of forwards have been neutralised without too many problems over the course of the season. Don’t get emotionally invested, just stick to the shape and stave him out (throwback saying.) One of the reasons we lost at home to Swindon was an obsession with getting too tight to him far out from goal, then leaving space in behind. Cov is the scapegoat, but he was taken to that head rush because McKirdy was singled out for no real reason. See the big picture and beat Swindon, not McKirdy.

4 minutes ago, 1 said:

I think we should just treat McKirdy like any other striker. The vast majority of forwards have been neutralised without too many problems over the course of the season. Don’t get emotionally invested, just stick to the shape and stave him out (throwback saying.) One of the reasons we lost at home to Swindon was an obsession with getting too tight to him far out from goal, then leaving space in behind. Cov is the scapegoat, but he was taken to that head rush because McKirdy was singled out for no real reason. See the big picture and beat Swindon, not McKirdy.

To be honest, iv just been looking back on who Swindon have been beating over the last couple of months to get where they deservedly have got - they have had a comparatively "easy run in" - only Forest Green out of all the higher finishing teams, so while I personally think they have done fantastic from where they were two weeks before the season started, in no way are they unbeatable. 

I also don't really understand the Hairy one hatred - he didn't do it for us for whatever reason, but has turned it round brilliantly - good luck to him (after next thursday) 😍🤣👍

Archived