onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

20 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Just about to set off, mrs has made me take my Vale top off as we should be hitting the pubs from 11 (advantages of living down here). Let’s hope for 3 points and a miracle elsewhere.

I’m in the same boat. Bus from Bovey Tracey at 11:15 to Exeter by 12. Last bus home is 19:55 from Exeter to only part of my journey, then taxi to complete.

That’s what you get living in the sticks!

Just want Vale to turn up!!

Advert

Regardless of outcome today am pretty at ease with things. If our season ends today then so be it and onto the next one. Personally I think the team will flick the switch today with some slightly lower expectations and win. Won’t be enough for the autos but had written that off at full time against Newport. 

Good luck to the team today and safe journey all those heading down.

12 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I don't know if anyone else is feeling like me this morning, but I seem to be a bit calmer and somewhat resigned to taking whatever this afternoon throws at us.

For the last three matches I had been nervously anxious with expectations that we would win those games and was of course, mightily disappointed, but today those expectations are far lower and therefore anything positive will be an absolute bonus! 

Does that make sense?

I echo these feelings

15 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Regardless of outcome today am pretty at ease with things. If our season ends today then so be it and onto the next one. Personally I think the team will flick the switch today with some slightly lower expectations and win. Won’t be enough for the autos but had written that off at full time against Newport. 

Good luck to the team today and safe journey all those heading down.

Ditto. Disappointing to get so close but had someone offered this position on the last day at the start of the season, and at the end of Jan I’m sure most folk would have taken it.

Whatever happens today I’m hugely proud of how far the club has come in the last 9 months (and before).

In Carol we trust.

Vale 9/4, get the money on, its D day boys, our destiny arrives today, we’ve proven we are the best team in the league this season, how can we fail with a sold out vale army behind us, fighting with the passion of a Ukrainian soldier, nobody will deny us our rightful promotion this year, #slavavale

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

Having not been able to get tickets for todays game and treat my missus to a long weekend away in Devon I purchased tickets instead for the live screening at Vale Park. However,  having had a very sleepless night dreading the worst scenario today I cannot subject myself and my old ticker to actually watching! I am going out in the hope of NOT knowing any scores until the read out at 5pm. At the very worst then I'll have a brief heart attack and usual moment of utter frustration other than sitting through 90 plus minutes of purgatory.  I wish EVERY single one of you fantastic Vale fans, wherever you are, a brilliant day. If we do achieve promotion I'll probably celebrate from a hospital bed, such is the intensity and ludicrous pressure Vale put on us more mortals!

Yer big Jessica - I'm coming with you 😍😍👍

1 hour ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Christ...just read that as Vale fans IN Dartmoor.....thought bliddy hell what have they been up to already!!!

Hope it's a great day lads!

Gooooooarrnnn the Vale!

Is that what they call an open prison?

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Gibbo will start today, or play a full 2nd half. Dazzler back to his old job will really stir the troops. Got to be solid at the back and we need that little bite we have been missing. We’ll draw today, don’t let Exeter think they can roll us over because that’s terrible for a club like Vale.

It’s great to see him back but I’m cautious about putting all my hopes in gibbo making an massive impact in only his second game back, hopefully he starts and he’s firing ready to go for the play offs.

For anyone travelling down, it is blazing hot down here at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

As usual on my two hour Saturday morning walk, I took the role of Port Vale manager. These are my conclusions:

A must not lose game. Simple.

Team A: A team whose only aim is to get a point. Plenty of sh*thousery: time wasting, breaking up play, feigning injury, winding their players, getting in the refs ear etc. etc.

Stone

Smith.                         Martin.                           Hall.                      Hussey

Gibbo.                                          Pett.                                             Benning

Garrity.                     Charsley

Proctor

Team B: A more ambitious side. Capable of beating any side in the division on its day. Will need majority of the players to be better than their opposite number to win and relies on the majority to have a 'good game'. This team could also expect to get that all important point. If fit:

Stone

Smith.                 Martin.           Hall

Gibbo.                                Pett.                             Benning

Garrity.                      Charsley

Proctor.                 Wilson

Finally, Team C. A totally different animal altogether. A team set up to take the game to the opposition and go for an all out victory from the start. Again, relies on each man being better than their opposite number and 'having a good game'. Please note though, this team won't be going totally 'gung ho' as it knows it can't afford to leak too many goals. With the players we have available and if fitness allows, it could look like this: 4141

Stone

Gibbo.                      Smith.                        Hall.                Benning

Pett

Amoo.                        Garrity.                    Taylor.                 Worrall

Proctor

Already looking forward to next Saturday's two hour walk where I'll either  be considering a team for the play offs or who to retain, release or who to bring in. Great stuff!

UTV

That was a productive couple of hours well spent. Think I prefer Team B. 

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

Having not been able to get tickets for todays game and treat my missus to a long weekend away in Devon I purchased tickets instead for the live screening at Vale Park. However,  having had a very sleepless night dreading the worst scenario today I cannot subject myself and my old ticker to actually watching! I am going out in the hope of NOT knowing any scores until the read out at 5pm. At the very worst then I'll have a brief heart attack and usual moment of utter frustration other than sitting through 90 plus minutes of purgatory.  I wish EVERY single one of you fantastic Vale fans, wherever you are, a brilliant day. If we do achieve promotion I'll probably celebrate from a hospital bed, such is the intensity and ludicrous pressure Vale put on us more mortals!

I'm going out for a bike ride with the Mrs, have a look at the final scores when I get back.  Its the only way I can cope! 

I don't think that a point away at Exeter is beyond us which would see us grab a play off place, but lose and we may well get pushed out by the likes of Sutton. I'm predicting Cobblers to grab that 3rd spot, probably deservedly, and then that leaves us facing the likes of Bristol, Mansfield, Swindon Sutton or Tranmere. 

Anything could happen then. 

It’s going to be 22C at kickoff time, so a fairly toasty afternoon in store for both sides, considering the English weather. Who will handle it better? Meanwhile, it’s going to be 35C here in Houston. Very hot for this time of year. It’s all relative . Up the Vale !! 

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

I'm going out for a bike ride with the Mrs, have a look at the final scores when I get back.  Its the only way I can cope! 

Smart move . Enjoy the bike ride with your better half, and hopefully you’ll be looking forward to an extended season for the Vale when you get back. UTV 

Archived