onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

DC has brought a new player into the squad, Posit Ivity. Can we all wish, pray, demand, hope for a result tomorrow. Anything but the negativity that some people currently have. I am just about putting last weeks game behind me, I / they / you cannot keep looking back. We need to look forward and hope that the play-offs can give us one final chance.

KTF….SVA

Advert

I made a jokey comment to Vale at home.

Not intended to offend so I've apologised.

Let's get back on track...

I hope the return of Darrell Clarke galvanises the team and we get what we need to continue the push for promotion

Covolan 

Smith Martin Jones 

Wozza Pett Garrity Walker Benning 

Wilson Proctor 

This is the team that beat FGR 2-0 

Covolan, Walker and Jones unavailable 

Can Stone, Charsley and Hall be the replacements to get us 3 points?

We can hope,can't we?

Can’t wait to cheer on the lads tomorrow, only my third live game this season but living in Devon, the local radio is doing my head in with what they are advertising as “ The Final Countdown”. 

Bus to the game, a beer before and meal after and hope to meet up with a school friend for only the second time in 50 years! He lives close to Torquay.

Would like to see us go four at the back, Gibbo to start and Martin to drop out if Hall is fit. Four in midfield with Pett, Garrity, Taylor and Charley. Proctor and Wilson up top. Left back it’s a toss up, but as we have four in the middle, Bennington just gets it. Did consider Gibbo on the left and keeping Worall, but Wozza needs a break.

In the seats with Mrs Dangermouse and will be right behind the lads for the 90 minutes. Interesting to see that DC will lead the side. A huge welcome back sir!

Don’t want to feel as crap as I did last Monday, so going for a draw and play off’s reached.

VTID

Hello peeps, 

I’ve got two tickets spare for Exeter away (Standing) after being let down by a couple of friends after the last result. 

£20 each if anyone wants them just so I can recover my costs plus I can deliver them to anywhere in the Staffordshire area.

Im still going the game with my Dad and Nephew as we feel it’s absolutely massive for our football club so why not give them one last push in the 46 game regular season and join the other 1,300 Valiants in our search for a result and possible promotion to league one ! 

UTV, SVA, Let’s Ave It 💪🖤🤍🙌

9 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Aologies if already posted on here but anyone recommend anywhere close for parking, looking online it looks like all residential and nothing available close by.

Go back in the topic, Fred Binneys head has said where to park.

Apparently the residents parking permits don’t apply on Saturdays.

49 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

Hello peeps, 

I’ve got two tickets spare for Exeter away (Standing) after being let down by a couple of friends after the last result. 

£20 each if anyone wants them just so I can recover my costs plus I can deliver them to anywhere in the Staffordshire area.

Im still going the game with my Dad and Nephew as we feel it’s absolutely massive for our football club so why not give them one last push in the 46 game regular season and join the other 1,300 Valiants in our search for a result and possible promotion to league one ! 

UTV, SVA, Let’s Ave It 💪🖤🤍🙌

Given how many people have been trying sell there tickets I'd say there's more likely be 1200 vale fans there not 1300 

2 hours ago, ginginator said:

What a bizarre last couple of pages. 

Will we go 4-3-3 or stick with the 3-5-2?  We need @ least a point, in theory. I would go 4-3-3, if DW plays it may suit him, to not be running up and down the line defending. The 3 up top doesnt need to be fixed, need to rotate a bit. Anyway all that are going enjoy. UTV

100% agree the system needs changing (albeit some mocked that view before the Newport game where we again looked pretty toothless going forward).

Ultimately I think we need to take a little bit of a risk tomorrow and take out the need to rely on other sides to secure top 7. That bit of risk taking is also the only way I can see us having any chance of sneaking into the top 3 - football does some silly things at times (look at Real Madrid v Man City this week) and if we win the game who knows where that might land us come 5pm tomorrow. 

If he goes 4/3/3 then I would like to see

Stone

Gibbo Smith Hall Hussey

Charsley Pett Garrity

Worrall Proctor Wilson

I know folk will moan about Garrity being pulled back a little but if Pett and Charsley were asked to screen the back four we could push Garrity further forward - almost making a 4/2/3/1 system. The side above looks to have enough to get a result in my opinion.

DC spoke about mentality in his press conference and he is right. But that mentality needs to extend to our tactical approach - we’ve looked like rabbits in the headlights over the past couple of weeks. Time to trust the players in a more expansive system and to go after the game a bit.

I made a jokey comment to Vale at home.
Not intended to offend so I've apologised.
Let's get back on track...
I hope the return of Darrell Clarke galvanises the team and we get what we need to continue the push for promotion
Don't take too much notice. This was VAHs response when I mentioned the same kind of thing about their posting style

What is it Like too be Perfect. Philmpv. . And having the time to correct some one . Good night from   The Daleks ,,,  i don’t remember the Daleks .. I am only 7 years old . How old are you .  Good night .it’s . my Bed time . 

Clearly a Vale fan though

25 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Given how many people have been trying sell there tickets I'd say there's more likely be 1200 vale fans there not 1300 

Could well be right fella, had we won though on Monday there wouldn’t even be any for sale because everyone wanted dance around all happy clapping 👏 

It’s still one of the biggest games in the last ten years, plus when we end up in the playoffs we will be back to queuing for tickets and people crying they can’t get one  which disappoints me and I hope the ones that turn there back don’t even get a ticket 👏

Watch the game back on sky it clearly shows kt
For all you know he could have been on the phone to Big Brenda from Basingstoke at £5 a minute. People once again seeking to lay blame somewhere with absolutely no substance

Archived