onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

ST Prices frozen

tisdeano

Advert

Would you prefer it if they had put the prices up? Even though this is a hook that most other football clubs use to entice fans to buy season tickets early because it's done by Vale the directors lack nouse??

In a word - yes. Why? To get as much income into the club as possible.

To encourage fans to buy at the higher price, you throw in a club shop voucher to the tune of say £20. Why? To then encourage the same fans to spend in the club shop hopefully more than the voucher. You could then increase this if fans were prepared to pay more say towards the new top for the following season. This is just one way of getting supporters to spend and invest in the club for us to increase our chances of success on the pitch because we increase our income. The Board (whoever it is) could even make promises that so much of the extra revenue would be used for the manager to "buy" a player for once rather than the usual free transfers/loan signings.

All I am saying is that the club is a business. It's ambition should be to be successful. To be successful you have to bring in as much income into the club as you can. In doing so you can't "rip off" supporters but I am sure you will find that most supporters will pay a little more if they are getting something out of it.

Overall its just using that little bit of imagination and commercial nouse to increase income to enable us to spend more on better quality and become successful (hopefully).

As an alternative.

Why not have out the offer out earlier,letting people know what the cost was going to be?

These people would have then had more time to sort out their finances.People who are monthly paid could really struggle as they will have to take the cost/cost's out of this month.By simply putting this info out a month or so ago would have given more people more time to adjust their finances.

It's called forward planning.

All this indicates to me is 'Panic station's' as they are desperate to get the money in very quick.Dont forget about the council loan that now has to be added to the list of repayment's.

Ohhh the old they could have said earlier!

Point 1; The football season starts roughly at the same time every season, getting a season ticket for next season is something most savvy people would have been expecting to be a cost in the next month.

Point 2; You are not even getting a ST ticket so why are you so bothered about the offer? You and everyone else who has signed the pledge shouldn't give a monkeys but you still use this as a chance to dig the board. I'm afraid this just makes you look stupid. It's a good offer for those who wish to purchase, those who don't, put up or shut up. Do you complain about the deals on stuff you don't buy at the supermarket?

Point 1; The football season starts roughly at the same time every season, getting a season ticket for next season is something most savvy people would have been expecting to be a cost in the next month.

Point 2; You are not even getting a ST ticket so why are you so bothered about the offer? You and everyone else who has signed the pledge shouldn't give a monkeys but you still use this as a chance to dig the board. I'm afraid this just makes you look stupid. It's a good offer for those who wish to purchase, those who don't, put up or shut up. Do you complain about the deals on stuff you don't buy at the supermarket?

Point 1 - Agree, I knew that I would be paying for season ticket from April/May and this is a great offer with the extra £20 off - BARGAIN

Point 2 - Agree, you said it all

The lad in the ticket office who sold me 5 tickets for Chesterfield seemed surprised when I questioned why he needed my name, address and postcode. And even more surprised when I told him that I'd like my details removed from the database, and that I definitely wouldn't be buying a ST next season!

STARVE THE 'BASKETS' OUT!!!

The lad in the ticket office who sold me 5 tickets for Chesterfield seemed surprised when I questioned why he needed my name, address and postcode. And even more surprised when I told him that I'd like my details removed from the database, and that I definitely wouldn't be buying a ST next season!

STARVE THE 'BASKETS' OUT!!!

Go more than 13 games next season and you have given them more money than you would have paid for a season ticket ( at early bird price) - that makes sense, I'd be quaking in my boots if I was the board.

Is it really to much to expect for them to put the ST prices out earlier.Its called marketing/promoting you good's?

Someone with a family of say 4 has a month to get together the money.Due to the climate as it is financially with a lot of families they might not be able to afford that outlay.Have a look at the red and white down the road.Their prices have been out age's.Their season starts later as well.Had they done this earlier some may have already bought their ticket's.But as it is now more has happened in the last month or so that might turn more away from buying.

Archived