• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Vale Park Capacity

15 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The allowed capacity in the Railway Stand is just over 2,000. There are plenty of exits from the back of the stand but then everyone converges on one set of steps down to the bank. I don’t know if that’s the problem. 

Could well be, it’s easy enough to install another path down the bank and to cut an exit through the wall, but obviously a cost involved.

Advert:

28 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
42 minutes ago, robf said:
In the Sentinel the capacity was said to be 15,036. With 4,500 in the away end that's 10,536 home seats. However, I'm sure that as others have said with work on exits and turnstiles I would imagine that could be increased. I certainly still expect to see plenty of empty seats in the Railway today due to the reduced capacity. 

Unreserved seats is another reduction. 

Which stands have unreserved seating? 

44 minutes ago, Conrad said:

But twice in the last 2 weeks, 3 times if we don’t make automatic promotion.

Twice?  This is the first time in 32 years?

IF we play Sutton in the playoffs maybe the club might look into the Hamil situation.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:
15 minutes ago, lydiatevaliant said:
Which stands have unreserved seating? 

Do tickets have seat Numbers?

Yes. Whether people sit in their allocated seats is another question of course.

Edited by lydiatevaliant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

11 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Twice?  This is the first time in 32 years?

IF we play Sutton in the playoffs maybe the club might look into the Hamil situation.

Lorne st, Railway stand and paddock, sold out for Bristol game, and Bycars not far off.

But technically , yes first time in 32 years completely sold out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lydiatevaliant said:

Yes. Whether people sit in those allocated seats is another question of course.

Some bugger sitting in my st seat v Bristol.

• Haha 1

Crazy capacity has been reduced by so much. To me it’s simple, 15000 seats should mean 15000 capacity, it’s not like the old terracing where I understand there maybe reduced capacity to avoid crushing. Why have empty seats when there is room in the stadium for them, we have the infrastructure outside the stadium. One seat per person, it’s H&S gone over the top again!

• Like 1

Crazy capacity has been reduced by so much. To me it’s simple, 15000 seats should mean 15000 capacity, it’s not like the old terracing where I understand there maybe reduced capacity to avoid crushing. Why have empty seats when there is room in the stadium for them, we have the infrastructure outside the stadium. One seat per person, it’s H&S gone over the top again!
"Safety laws are there to save lives, not be ridiculed".

Careful you don't get censored like I did by an over zealous moderator.
  • Like 1

Just now, philmpv said:

"Safety laws are there to save lives, not be ridiculed".

Careful you don't get censored like I did by an over zealous moderator.

As I said, H&S gone over the top…..open the turnstiles for 1, encourage everyone to arrive early. Seat must correspond with your ticket with extra stewards to enforce it. There will be a couple of hundred empty seats due to season ticket holders who can’t attend,

God knows how Wembley and most Premiership clubs manage it week in week out.

• Like 2

Advert:

I think it's genuinely a toilets/turnstiles/kiosk issue. The infrastructural basics at Vale are non-league. 

I know it's a big job but at least the Lorne Street got new tellies.

5 hours ago, geosname said:

Rumour has it we ran out of pies and he ate them :classic_biggrin:

He ran off with the pies, wads of cash from hospitality and catering, a punch in the face and his trousers round his fat ankles - or so I was told🐽

I suspect another problem is that it’s not a good idea to spend money on a very old Railway Stand when it actually needs replacing. But how we pay for it is another matter. 

There are over 20000 seats in Vale Park. That is not including the new ones recently added to the Lorne Street that cannot yet be used. I really cannot understand why our capacity has been so drastically reduced. There will be thousands of empty seats in the "sold out" home stands today. Its crazy! 

Compare our ground to awful ones up and down the country. Luton springs to mind, currently trying to get into the top flight. 🙄

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, valiant steve said:

There are over 20000 seats in Vale Park. That is not including the new ones recently added to the Lorne Street that cannot yet be used. I really cannot understand why our capacity has been so drastically reduced. There will be thousands of empty seats in the "sold out" home stands today. Its crazy! 

Compare our ground to awful ones up and down the country. Luton springs to mind, currently trying to get into the top flight. 🙄

Luton’s away end is ludicrous. The behind the goal stand where away fans are housed  is between some terraced houses. You walk through someone’s bathroom to get in and out. There are some rickety steps to navigate and the seats have just been plonked on terracing. It’s a complete disgrace yet gets a safety certificate.