Vale Park Capacity

Advert:

Both the Railway Stand and the Bycars Stand are 72 years old and the expected lifespan of steel structures is normally 75 years, so the club could find itself in a position where it fas to make a major decision within three years. I am sure the cost of demolishing those old stands and building new ones would be cheaper than moving to a new ground altogether. Vale Park is not worth much on the open market, mainly because of its covenant on it which designates it has to remain as a sports stadium. 

I know that there are problems with the substrate at Vale Park but I am sure that with modern building methods these can be overcome. We could build a new stand on the Bycars with modern facilities fit for the 21st century and the Railway Stand could be built closer to the pitch and with a higher rake to maximise attendances and to also build another row of boxes and corporate facilities to maximise revenue for non football days.

By bringing the stand closer to the pitch this would hopefully enable us to build some office units along the length of the stand to bring in some extra revenue.

At the end of the day it will be down to Carol to decide.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rayzer said:

Both the Railway Stand and the Bycars Stand are 72 years old and the expected lifespan of steel structures is normally 75 years, so the club could find itself in a position where it fas to make a major decision within three years. I am sure the cost of demolishing those old stands and building new ones would be cheaper than moving to a new ground altogether. Vale Park is not worth much on the open market, mainly because of its covenant on it which designates it has to remain as a sports stadium. 

I know that there are problems with the substrate at Vale Park but I am sure that with modern building methods these can be overcome. We could build a new stand on the Bycars with modern facilities fit for the 21st century and the Railway Stand could be built closer to the pitch and with a higher rake to maximise attendances and to also build another row of boxes and corporate facilities to maximise revenue for non football days.

By bringing the stand closer to the pitch this would hopefully enable us to build some office units along the length of the stand to bring in some extra revenue.

The Bycars stand ain’t 75 years old I’m in my 40s and I used to walk down have a look while it was being built 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, rayzer said:

I like that idea . Perhaps you could mention it to Carol. I can just picture that , and it would have a great atmosphere, not to mention the financial possibilities it would bring. 

Advert:

42 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

The Bycars stand ain’t 75 years old I’m in my 40s and I used to walk down have a look while it was being built 

I’m 36 and remember it being built as a kid. It was about 92-93 after the Taylor report. 

• Like 1

I thought the Bycars was just improved but the main stanchions are still in place. I can't remember anything different to a anything more than a roof enhancement.

I thought the Bycars was just improved but the main stanchions are still in place. I can't remember anything different to a anything more than a roof enhancement.
The original roof came from the Old Rec in Hanley and only covered the rear of Bycars, the disused Family stand must be 90 years old.

Advert:

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:
10 hours ago, rayzer said:

The original roof came from the Old Rec in Hanley and only covered the rear of Bycars, the disused Family stand must be 90 years old.

I've always thought that if we every improve VP, it would be nice to actually keep that corner (renovated) but retaining a bit of the old ground. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

It's 30-odd years when it was rebuilt -

However, the original structure before that rebuild was taken from the Old Rec is is very old indeed. A portion of it remains in the old family stand corner. That roof could go in a museum!

10 hours ago, rayzer said:

According to the images in here (kindly supplied by Gerard Austin) the stanchions were removed - 

Advert:

It’s possible that something is already planned for the space behind the Bycars, all the trees have been cut down recently.

Realistically though if the only source of a stadium revamp is the expectation of Carol digging deep, then I’d rather that was just put in the squad. Luton have championship football with their old ground and I would take that over league 2 in even the fanciest ground we could build. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1