onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Capacity

Advert

What was the gate because whatever it was that was mentioned was a load of nonsense .

Easily 12 thousand there mind you saw a lot of PVFC foundations tickets going for nothing on Wonder of Vale so you wouldn't count them in the total .

Do we have 3000 foundation workers  lol 

UTV 

Then the next question is..what factors are considered in regards to safety compliance? 
Here's just a few items. Emergency lighting on separate feed incase the power goes out of which we had none, outside lights, inside lights, cracked or uneven steps & walkways, not enough kiosks & equipment not up to code in the ones we had, not enough toilets & poor facilities in the ones we have, turnstiles condemned or in need of repair, P.A. system, floodlights, advertising boarding the list goes on.. Nothing was done for decades the place had been left to rot for the 20 years before Carol bought it and will take a long time and a lot of money to get it sorted

The more I read and hear about our decrepit stadium needing this, that, the other , the more I question why isn't a serious plan in force by the Club to investigate finances, location etc, etc?   I assume Carol et al have been head to head on this and either decided to "patch up every season " the frailties of the stadium or have something in mind for the future?

Is it possible that these findings can be relayed to us poor supporters? 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

What was the gate because whatever it was that was mentioned was a load of nonsense .

Easily 12 thousand there mind you saw a lot of PVFC foundations tickets going for nothing on Wonder of Vale so you wouldn't count them in the total .

Do we have 3000 foundation workers  lol 

UTV 

As the club says it’s not tickets sold ( don’t include season tickets if not at the game ) it’s actual attendance so free tickets should be included in the gate , All I got Tuesday morning was lardies taking the P because of the 9000 gate 

46 minutes ago, dishydave said:
1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:
Then the next question is..what factors are considered in regards to safety compliance? 

Here's just a few items. Emergency lighting on separate feed incase the power goes out of which we had none, outside lights, inside lights, cracked or uneven steps & walkways, not enough kiosks & equipment not up to code in the ones we had, not enough toilets & poor facilities in the ones we have, turnstiles condemned or in need of repair, P.A. system, floodlights, advertising boarding the list goes on.. Nothing was done for decades the place had been left to rot for the 20 years before Carol bought it and will take a long time and a lot of money to get it sorted

All this indicates to me it does look like throwing good money after bad to get VP up to scratch. Obviously there are initial outlays in building a new stadium etc but the maintenance and repair costs alone would be reduced. I certainly think some sort of feasibility study would be worthwhile at least.

25 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

How much would a new stadium cost? I'd ballpark one at £10m+?

How do clubs like Rotherham and Colchester afford this?

Colchester followed the old “community stadium” ruse like Stoke, to get the council to pay! 

42 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

All this indicates to me it does look like throwing good money after bad to get VP up to scratch. Obviously there are initial outlays in building a new stadium etc but the maintenance and repair costs alone would be reduced. I certainly think some sort of feasibility study would be worthwhile at least.

I reluctantly have to agree. Seeing the list of work that needs doing is mind boggling now. I mean I thought we had a good 15k ground at least, but it now seems we can only sell 8,700 tickets to home fans based on last week. 

A new 15k would be perfect if we can get the right location and of course..:funding. 

That’s the real head scratcher for me…who would really fund it? Carol’s pockets alone won’t be doing it seeing as we can’t even afford to open our two decade old Lorne Street or need fans to get money for a statue of Rudgie. 

The council won’t pay not only because it is Vale but because the whole Britannia fiasco made them look terrible. 

So that leaves a buyer for the land…hard as isn’t Vale Park a community asset? Plus Burslem has plenty of Brownfield sites going very cheap nobody has wanted for decades (Doulton factory etc). 

The way I see it, we will be probably the last FL club to have a new ground in about 2070 or something when the place gets completely condemned. Incredible as it may seem, when Vale Park was opened it 1950 it remained one of the newest grounds in the league until the late 80s. 

What is it that people don’t get?  Carol has said we ain’t moving from Burslem.  Open your eyes and see money is being spent on ground improvements, obviously not quick enough for a lot of the dreamers contributing to this thread.

50 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

What is it that people don’t get?  Carol has said we ain’t moving from Burslem.  Open your eyes and see money is being spent on ground improvements, obviously not quick enough for a lot of the dreamers contributing to this thread.

Considering her business is next door, and her community involvement, I dont think it is one of her priorities. Even if a new ground was in the offing, say 3-4 years away, a considerable amount would still have to be spent to bring Vale Park up to date before then. However I think the club needs to explain the safety situation with the ground since capacity has not been a concern before. 

16 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Considering her business is next door, and her community involvement, I dont think it is one of her priorities. Even if a new ground was in the offing, say 3-4 years away, a considerable amount would still have to be spent to bring Vale Park up to date before then. However I think the club needs to explain the safety situation with the ground since capacity has not been a concern before. 

And tbf, was a concern for the first time on Monday.  Even in league 1, we still have a large away capacity,  so wouldn't be a problem.  

6 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Priorities??? Carol has stated we’re not moving. The priority, apart from the team, is that the ground, facilities, infrastructure are being improved and this will obviously continue.

OK, the safety certificate situation has surprised a few people in terms of numbers allowed into the ground, but the fact is that it’s only been an “issue” a couple of times all season and only because the last game “sold out” has it come to the fore.

I’ll happily bet that in the coming months we’ll see the required improvements in and around the stadium to allow increased numbers to attend.

Archived