onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Capacity

48 minutes ago, robf said:

I'm always at a disadvantage having lived out of the area for over 30 years but are there any "brownfield" areas that may be possibilities?

The Rotherham stadium gets a lot of plaudits as a new build still in the centre of the city and that was built on the site of a former brewery.

I do think the Rotherham one is an interesting comparison and they had no ground to sell to finance the move (they were tenants at the Don Valley).

Their new 12,000 capacity stadium cost £20m but they immediately struck a five year naming deal with AESSEAL for a "six figure sum" each year. So conceivably in 20 years it would pay for itself just by that sponsorship deal alone.

Think you've got your sums a bit wrong there, Rob.

100k x 20 = 2m (not 20m)

Advert

1 hour ago, robf said:

I'm always at a disadvantage having lived out of the area for over 30 years but are there any "brownfield" areas that may be possibilities?

The Rotherham stadium gets a lot of plaudits as a new build still in the centre of the city and that was built on the site of a former brewery.

I do think the Rotherham one is an interesting comparison and they had no ground to sell to finance the move (they were tenants at the Don Valley).

Their new 12,000 capacity stadium cost £20m but they immediately struck a five year naming deal with AESSEAL for a "six figure sum" each year. So conceivably in 20 years it would pay for itself just by that sponsorship deal alone.

Love their ground and its probably around about the right fit size wise for us really. Maybe 15,000 for the big games.

There may be a million and one issues with Vale Park, but it needs explaining how it differs from other stadiums in the EFL.
The access and facilities in three of the four stands at Crewe are worse than any at Vale. Sutton United is essentially Leek Town. At Harrogate there was two turnstiles and a small gate as an exit for Vale fans spread across two sides of the ground. Luton has already been mentioned. Southend is/was the same story. Apparently Barrow was laughable.
It doesn't make sense or add up. There needs to be transparency between the club and supporters on something as serious as this. It's not great if the perception from fans is that the stadium manager is more interested in creating 'away day playlists' than ensuring we can get fans into the ground.
Sutton and new clubs to the FL have 3 years to bring their grounds upto 5000 capacity, the rules for grounds above 10,000 capacity are more stringent. Vale's current restrictions are probably a matter of priorities since home crowds above 6,000 have been a rarity, away capacity is adequate.

40 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

Think you've got your sums a bit wrong there, Rob.

100k x 20 = 2m (not 20m)

Sorry I was reading "seven figure" sum even when it said "six figure" not sure why. Oh well...

1 hour ago, robf said:

There is land Just off Reginald Mitchell way.There was talk / rumour about the posibility of building a new stadium in that area before. Most grounds tend to be built just outside the towns now.Just off Reginald Mitchell way would work in with that.

On 02/05/2022 at 08:32, robf said:

They are targeting the PA system this summer as that's a vital safety element so it may be that they can't do the work on the turnstiles and exits this summer but I would imagine it's certainly there on a long list of improvements. I'm also confident that unlike some former owners they will be working with the council to find out exactly what does need to be done to see every seat in the stands filled and the capacity increased. Realistically, we're not going to get 10,000+ attendances that often during seasons in either L2 or L1 so it's only an occasional inconvenience and one I am sure they will address given time.

Good. We sat in the Bycars yesterday and couldn't understand a word of what the announcer was saying. It was like the PA on Phoenix Nights!

21 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Love their ground and its probably around about the right fit size wise for us really. Maybe 15,000 for the big games.

VP has a huge capacity for away fans which reduces the amount of home seats. I'm not sure we'd need that in any new stadium in which case a 12,000 capacity would probably be fine (especially as a lot of the new builds have the chance to expand stands at a later date). 

26 minutes ago, ValeFanInBrum said:

Good. We sat in the Bycars yesterday and couldn't understand a word of what the announcer was saying. It was like the PA on Phoenix Nights!

It’s the same in the RP now yet it was clear earlier in the season. Temporary speakers appeared which you can only hear if your close by them. I’m assuming work is ongoing to the stadium PA and the temps are only there to adhere to safety certificate

It’s the same in the RP now yet it was clear earlier in the season. Temporary speakers appeared which you can only hear if your close by them. I’m assuming work is ongoing to the stadium PA and the temps are only there to adhere to safety certificate
It's being fitted at the moment they have been putting the cables in for the last couple of weeks

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

I’ve said before, the ideal site would have been the old doulton site on Nile street, it’s too late now they are building houses on it.

no, behnd mcguiness where the new road s being built, straight off the d road.

2 hours ago, ValeFanInBrum said:

Must’ve been where you were sat.  We sat in the Bycars and could hear everything, albeit with a little distortion at times.

On Monday one of the lads noticed some “horn” type speakers dotted along the front of the roof of the Lorne Street Stand.  Not sure I’ve ever seen these before so they’re either new/recent additions or just another example of me walking round with my eyes shut.

Archived