onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Capacity

Well first sell out since 1990? What a joke. Ground looked half empty and sounded like a morgue. Two would have gone down last two passing over their 90 quid.  But no room apparently.  So they did not. Got spent down the garden centre instead.  

I know C+K have a massive job on their hands. But please make it easier for us to give you our money.

Advert

5 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Lorne St will be 'no shows' loads of season ticket holders in there and its a Bank Holiday.. 

Season tickets for under 12s free,  loads allocated but don't attend.  10 game passes,  seats allocated,  empty for 13 games.  What's that 1500  " lost fans"  ie can't sell that seat to pay on the day

I think one of the reasons is the jv scheme,for example my next door neighbour signed her 10 month old baby up because she got free shirt etc as its better value,but she's not taken him to any games,so that seat is taken,I'm not moaning! I'm just giving an example as why there is empty seats

14 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Who or what is preventing us from having the Hamil as our home end?  Why do we pander to paltry away fans by giving them a 4500 seater stand? We have to have a mind set change on the stadium. At the very least simply divide the Hamil in 2 and spend money on correcting the facilities. Other Clubs do this.

We should be in League One playing the likes of Sunderland and Derby rather than the likes of Barrow and Newport in League Two.

33 minutes ago, Wrex said:

We should be in League One playing the likes of Sunderland and Derby rather than the likes of Barrow and Newport in League Two.

But we are not, next season we will still be playing tin pot clubs with little following, segregate the Hamil that seems to be the easiest solution 

15 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

The Lorne St side by the Hamil, someone was saying today that there are no turnstiles or exits. Is this true

Yep, that's what the LS concourse fundraiser is for. The 100k will enable the club to move the things that are there (the players gym) elsewhere, open up a concourse, toilets, refreshments bar, turnstiles and exits.

It was that way since V2001 decided to put the club shop in that space following the dispute with Bill Bell over the rent for the old club shop (the one on Hamil Rd). It's so short-sighted in retrospect when there's plenty of other places the shop could have gone. 

For me, I have said elsewhere that I do fear the Vale Park stadium is really starting to show its age in terms of infrastructure and so on. You've got old turnstiles, toilets, refreshment kiosks and exits, you've got a pitch which causes more problems, poor sightlines (and stanctions in the way) in several stands, you've got mineshafts which will cause issues if ever any of the stands are redeveloped and you've got continuous work to do around the place just to comply with safety regs. 

I'm sure many would disagree with me  but I do think we should at least consider a new stadium. I'm not saying it's a new stadium at all costs - it very much depends if the right site crops up, but I don't like the view that some have that it has to Vale Park and a new stadium will never be considered. After all, we moved to a new stadium several times in our history including the move from Hanley to Vale Park. 

I think there's soulless new stadia and there's good new stadia and if it was the latter I could see us moving into a new era instead of the one of constantly trying to update a stadium that is now 70-odd years old in places. 

I do appreciate it's very much easier said than done to envisage a new stadium but we have owners who are creative and visionary and want to create a legacy for the club. Perhaps that legacy doesn't have to include trying to make do on the current subsiding clay pit (much as we all love it)?

Yep, that's what the LS concourse fundraiser is for. The 100k will enable the club to move the things that are there (the players gym) elsewhere, open up a concourse, toilets, refreshments bar, turnstiles and exits.
It was that way since V2001 decided to put the club shop in that space following the dispute with Bill Bell over the rent for the old club shop (the one on Hamil Rd). It's so short-sighted in retrospect when there's plenty of other places the shop could have gone. 
For me, I have said elsewhere that I do fear the Vale Park stadium is really starting to show its age in terms of infrastructure and so on. You've got old turnstiles, toilets, refreshment kiosks and exits, you've got a pitch which causes more problems, poor sightlines (and stanctions in the way) in several stands, you've got mineshafts which will cause issues if ever any of the stands are redeveloped and you've got continuous work to do around the place just to comply with safety regs. 
I'm sure many would disagree with me  but I do think we should at least consider a new stadium. I'm not saying it's a new stadium at all costs - it very much depends if the right site crops up, but I don't like the view that some have that it has to Vale Park and a new stadium will never be considered. After all, we moved to a new stadium several times in our history including the move from Hanley to Vale Park. 
I think there's soulless new stadia and there's good new stadia and if it was the latter I could see us moving into a new era instead of the one of constantly trying to update a stadium that is now 70-odd years old in places. 
I do appreciate it's very much easier said than done to envisage a new stadium but we have owners who are creative and visionary and want to create a legacy for the club. Perhaps that legacy doesn't have to include trying to make do on the current subsiding clay pit (much as we all love it)?
I said many moons ago there were these issus now with neglect of the previous two owners its gotten even worse. In an ideal world in reality the raiway stand/paddock, the family stand and bycars all need bulldozing and reconstructing. Witg the hills etc there is a huge waste of land and potential. The said issues of the mine shafts make it even harder. A new stadium is needed and the last few games have shown this as if we evee get to the Championship again problems will arise.

16 minutes ago, robf said:

My back garden wont hold 25,000 Rob. Like you say the right site and I do not see many atm, especially near Burslem with good access

2 minutes ago, ginginator said:

My back garden wont hold 25,000 Rob. Like you say the right site and I do not see many atm, especially near Burslem with good access

I know it's very much a pipe dream but I do think we missed opportunities in the past.

But what did alarm me was when Carol said (soon after taking over) that there is no intention to leave VP. By all means stay at VP now but I don't think you should stop looking elsewhere just in case something does come up. 

By all means, right now the priority has to be VP but I do think you shouldn't rule a new site out just in case the right one turns up one day.

29 minutes ago, robf said:

I’m with you Rob. If not actually doing  then it’s got to be worth doing a feasibility study on it. I just feel with VP at least two of the stands would need knocking down and rebuilding to bring them up to date. Not to mention how much we are shelling out on things like the new PA system in the summer etc. Wasn’t there a time we were offered to move to Festival Park many moons ago but Bill Bell declined it? In hindsight maybe that should have been looked at more. 

Obviously some of the new stadiums are soulless such as Shrewsburys identikit one but say somewhere like Rotherham’s new ground ticks all the boxes I feel.

In that I do think however it would need to be considered the impact on local businesses such as the pubs in Burslem in argument against it though. 

26 minutes ago, robf said:

Rob, thank you for the detailed reply. Whilst I agree with a new ground being required for the future, it would take away lots of memories for me, both good and bad. We’ve used the caveat of it having to be a sporting stadium, so would this work against PVFC, if they did try to sell it for housing. I’ve not given a relocation much thought but, I’m thinking of some of the old land that runs alongside the A500, mainly for access reasons. I’m assuming that it’s old industrial land (brown sites), so it would be cheaper.

Archived