onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Capacity

This topic seems to be cropping up quite a lot of late with people confused about the grounds Capacity.

I was told a few weeks ago the club can now only allow 10k + Home fans and 4k + away fans making the Capacity just under 15k. Crazy to think we've lost 4 to 5000 seats.

Has Smurthwaite run off with them 🤣

Screenshot_20220501-202106_Twitter.jpg

Advert

I assume Lorne Street half is ok to be used 100% with its facilities so it’s the other two stands which are limited?

Seems bonkers Crewe have that away stand with that tight entry and exit but we can’t use ours?!

Not sure what the answer is.

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Hidden

Plenty of dubious grounds around. Luton Town somehow are allowed to fill every seat despite that one exit away end. Burton have horrendous standing, Stevenage’s standing home end has one, yes one entrance at the side. 

I have never sat anywhere in Vale Park, even the old family stand and thought it was unsafe. 

Why has my post been deleted? There was absolutely nothing offensive in it?
I saw it just before it got erased. Absolutely nowt wrong with it. Ridiculous moderation. Possibly someone upset about Hillsborough?

8 minutes ago, Zeddicus said:

I saw it just before it got erased. Absolutely nowt wrong with it. Ridiculous moderation. Possibly someone upset about Hillsborough?

Not only Hillsborough, but Bolton and Bradford. Safety laws are there to save lives, not to be ridiculed.

Not only Hillsborough, but Bolton and Bradford. Safety laws are there to save lives, not to be ridiculed.
Oh ffs. It was clearly tongue in cheek about our ground and suddenly reduced capacity, not safety laws in general. All of the ones you mention happened before our last full house and there's clearly no comparison, nor was any intended

Fair enough, but they are the images in my mind. From memory the club had difficulty with the safety certificate, the detail was not made public and the capacity considered adequate for League 2. Obviously a review is required due to our improved circumstances but no doubt will take time and money to restore the stadium capacity after years of neglect.

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Is there any way next season of dividing the Hamil End?  There will be about 300 Newport fans In there in a stand that holds 4,500?

Not been in the Hamil since they took away the hills, easy enough to put a dividing fence but what about the concourse and toilet facilities?  

Why wasn’t the certificate made public? Shouldn’t the detail of a safety certificate’s content be available from the council to any members of the public under the Freedom of Information act?

Lots to consider regards cost benefit/return on investment  of, and options for, changing capacity for home vs away fans eg would completing the Lorne street and giving that (the Hamil end half) to away fans be viable?  Or using the Synectics car park for access (I believe the club’s on good terms with the owners) might allow relatively “safe” access for away fans to the family stand/corner between the Railway and Bycars when away followings are expected to be <1000?

Archived