onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Official website: Club statement on behalf of Carol Shanahan OBE and Kevin Shanahan

News Feed

Advert

Well done Carol and Kevin.  I, and thousands like me, remain eternally grateful for their courage, determination and vision.  Whether or not we make the play offs, or get automatic promotion, or stay in Lge 2 for next season is less important than this news. Our club is secure, Mr Smurthwaite's final influence has gone and Carol and Kevin can continue their project.  They have my complete confidence and support.

An excellent day. 

I hope we never hear his name again. 

What Carol has done over the past three years is the sort of stuff you can't put a price tag on - I hope the players can deliver a richly-deserved promotion for her soon. 

58 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

If he hadn’t gone when we did you only need to look at the likes of Oldham or Scunny to see what our future would look like. Will always be grateful to Carol and Kevin for saving us from that.

Yes. He already owned one non league club while he was here (Nuneaton) and he did his very best to make it two.

Both sides parted ways to spend more time with the things they hold dear. Us with our football club and him with his money. 

Add my thanks too. Carol and Kevin - saviours of our Club. May this season, however it pans out, be the beginning of a fantastic rise in fortunes for the Valiants. A properly, excellently run Club will now see that, at long last, the Mighty Whites secure an ever increasing climb up the Divisions and the feel good factor rubs off onto many, many more new fans for a future of hope and success. Cheers Carol and Kevin. 🍷🍺🍾👍

Mr Smurthwaite has yet to realise there is more to life than cash. You can fill your pockets with ill-gotten gains but is it worth it if everyone absolutely loathes you?  <edited by admin - removing personal abuse> Gloating about what he did to our club shows what a despicable character he is. 

I take great satisfaction in the knowledge that Smurthwaite's name will always be mud. The man will go down in history as the most unpleasant individual to ever own our club. He isn't even a pantomime villain or some hapless bumbling fool; <edited by admin - removing personal abuse>

Well, that and 'sexman'.

The sickening thing as far as I'm concerned is, at the end of the day he won, he bragged openly that he has never lost out on a deal, well he won this one and he's made Carol and Kevin decent people pay over the odds to frankly save the club from oblivion.

He will be laughing at the quite rightly directed insults, he has no shame or humility which is sad, better to be thought of in a good way than the way he will be remembered/forgotten going forward.

No matter how this season ends up, one things for certain the club is in very good hands and good things surely come to those that deserve it.

Archived