• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Ben Stokes named England Captain

1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Just caught the highlights from yesterday. Dominating performance from India. Bumrah bowling was fantastic 

Excellent bowling I thought from him and Shami (who is the unluckiest bowler I’ve seen). 

Have to say though, it was a case of who bats first should win. 

I know we have some injuries in the bowling department but that attack yesterday was a long way short of what we need moving forwards. Overton isn’t good enough IMO and Carse isn’t ready, better county options out there 

Advert:

Basically how England play on a bad day they will get a score of 100 on a good day 400 plus. I think they would have been better taking there time yesterday and getting a score around 270 and trying to defend that. You don't need try hit every ball to the boundary in 50 over cricket. I do think Roy and Ali need taking out the side and replacing with younger players like Hain, smeed or banton. There's too many in our side now over the age of 30.

Great performance by the England bowling attack to level the series up. Topley in particular with the ball showed some serious skills and well backed up by Willey and Carse.

Would be nice in the decider if the batting can fire though clearly that Lords pitch was being quite bowler friendly and India have an excellent attack. Old Trafford is normally a nice place for batting so hopefully they can take advantage.

Advert:

Thought England were always going to fall short from the moment Buttler missed the stumping of Pant. Giving people like him extra lives is just asking for trouble. Some encouraging things for England less so with the bat where we’ve become a little stuck.

Stokes has retired from ODI’s today though. Think this was the only decision he could make really as his body needs to be protected for tests. Not playing that format has helped extend the career of Broad and Anderson so hopefully it does the same here. Don’t want to diminish the importance of them but the 50 over game does feel a bit of a dying format outside of world cups.

Sadly the obsessive cricket administrators are in danger of killing cricket by over playing their stars. England`s cricketers have played for 29 days out of tge last 47, sheer madness and the public are being shortchanged by seeing second strings and players clearly nowhere near their best. 

2 hours ago, bycars rob said:

Sadly the obsessive cricket administrators are in danger of killing cricket by over playing their stars. England`s cricketers have played for 29 days out of tge last 47, sheer madness and the public are being shortchanged by seeing second strings and players clearly nowhere near their best. 

It's a catch-22 situation, and all done for money.  I agree that players' are being a lot to do to fit in with these fixtures.  However it's these very TV schedules that are pulling in the dosh and giving the top players massive pay cheques--as I say, catch-22!

Advert:

6 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Good bounce back for South Africa tonight. 

Thought Roy and Livingstone were poor.

Roy has got to watch himself, really struggling for form and Salt is very dangerous in this format. Got the two lads at Somerset as well who are class so Roy needs a score Sunday. Good side SA some very good players on the side line as well, 200+ with de kock hitting nothing again is very good 

• Like 1

Disappointing end to the series.

Buttler,Roy and livingstone underperformed massively. 

England would be stuffed without Bairstow 

Stokes mentioning too much cricket having an effect on the high standard dropping seems to be the case