We can still drop out of the playoffs!!

LOT of nicker wetting going off here ATM....😆

THE GAS and the VALE are the same odds to win their next games.....

I prefer Newport at HOME who will be totally deflated this morning TO Rochdale AWAY who've lost one in sixteen league games as it stands.....

Also they're saying on the gas forum that their current record at Rochdale is dire.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Advert:

11 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Terrible evening for PVFC. I think we’ll still get a play off place at the least.

If terrible for us then it was terrible for Northampton/the gas/etc....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smugsy said:

Anyone else in our position would be guaranteed at least a play off place but as we all know this is Vale. 

Yes it's Vale. 75 points is normally more than good enough. If we fail to gain points from the final 2 games it is our own fault. It is highly unlikely that a team going for promotion loses it's last four games. Keep the faith, we can't play worse than we did at Walsall. We'll beat Newport. Exeter will now be going for the title so it will be tough for Northampton and ourselves regardless.

• Like 3

Advert:

Would you really want to watch League 1 football each week if we can’t beat two average league 2 sides with so much at stake in our final two games? We’d be doing a Crewe each week. Depressing..

I think Vale are going to get a least a play off place with all to play for. We can of course win the playoffs as soon often it’s a clean slate for many clubs. 

• Haha 1

Would you really want to watch League 1 football each week if we can’t beat two average league 2 sides with so much at stake in our final two games? We’d be doing a Crewe each week. Depressing..

You certainly are. Can't imagine for a second that we'd be strengthening the squad if we did go up....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

BET FRED are not even giving a price on us to AT LEAST get a play off place.......

Happy to put my neck on the block but THAT at least is ALMOST a certainty SUCH is the combination of results needed for it to be otherwise......😊

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

I think Vale are going to get a least a play off place with all to play for. We can of course win the playoffs as soon often it’s a clean slate for many clubs. 

Wouldn’t mind seeing us beating Accrington 5-1, Burton 2-1  and drawing 1-1 at the likes of Rotherham again next season.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Advert:

12 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

With the kind of luck vale get we will either lose our last 2 games and come 8th or get 4 or 6 points from our last 2 and miss out on autos on goal difference

THAT'S the spirit!!....😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

How I see it....

Negative side of me says if Mansfield,Sutton and Gas win then come 2.15 on Monday we would drop to 7th !

Positive side says if that happens but Exeter beat Northampton and the Mighty Vale beat Newport come 4.45 ish on Monday we could leapfrog the lot of them and be in 3rd place ! 

Edited by barny61
Afterthought
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, barny61 said:

How I see it....

Negative side of me says if Mansfield,Sutton and Gas win then come 2.15 on Sunday we would drop to 7th !

Positive side says if that happens but Exeter beat Northampton and the Mighty Vale beat Newport come 4.45 ish on Sunday we could leapfrog the lot of them and be in 3rd place ! 

We will certainly drop a few places come 5pm Saturday....

THAT just makes the Newport game even more massive than it already was......

16 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

With the kind of luck vale get we will either lose our last 2 games and come 8th or get 4 or 6 points from our last 2 and miss out on autos on goal difference

We have finished with 89 points in the past and didn`t get promoted, just make sure of promotion the season after(On the last day) Football is fine margins.

Advert:

20 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

You are a drag! Hey, at least we didn’t sack the caretaker manager after 1 defeat or who knows where we would have been. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

You forget that we have beaten 2 L1 sides this season. We also should have beaten Sunderland ( Robbed ) drawn away with Rotherham who are 2nd and were unlucky to lose at Bolton with most of our 2nd string playing. Whats to fear in L1?

• Like 3

Crewe shouldn't have gone up in the first place as they were trailing off and would have been outside the playoffs by the end of the season if it was a full, normal one. Then lost all their best players.

This isn't the position we are in.

• Like 1