Advert

Advert

We can still drop out of the playoffs!!

Owen Holdcroft

1 hour ago, Owen Holdcroft said:

How’s this feel now

Are you been smug about it .

How do you think it feels .

Its a embarrassment that's how we all feel .

Every proper Vale hearts been broken today .

Cannot see Exeter doing us any favours we had to get something today.

We failed miserably. 

Enjoy your prediction and us supporters will spend all summer going what the hell have them players DONE DONE being part of the word ,not done enough and made us the laughing stock of football and brought joy to folk who don't deserve any joy whatsoever.

Advert

2 hours ago, Owen Holdcroft said:

How’s this feel now

What an awful thing to say

I'm disappointed but would never make such a comment if I was a fan of my own team

Don't start such negative threads 

Or naff off and post on the Bristol Rovers forum. If they have one.

4 minutes ago, DazFred said:

What an awful thing to say

I'm disappointed but would never make such a comment if I was a fan of my own team

Don't start such negative threads 

Or naff off and post on the Bristol Rovers forum. If they have one.

Our fans get carried away far too easily

Not a hope we will get anything other than a drubbing on Saturday, Exeter will be busting a gut to win the league. We just look busted, that was dreadful today. Even if we do scrape the playoffs we will be the team everyone wants to play as we look devoid of confidence, energy, pace and all the other attributes a playoff team would need.

21 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Play-offs still seem to be our destination but it is staggering that we're more likely to drop to eighth than rise to third on the final day.

Maybe I am been negative and after I've slept, I will feel different tomorrow but how I see it, I feel we are more likely to finish 8th than scrape into the play-offs.  If we play at Exeter like we have these last 3 games, we are getting nothing, then we are hoping either Walsall beat a Swindon team backed by 3500 who have found form at just the right time or Sutton not winning at Harrogate.

10 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Maybe I am been negative and after I've slept, I will feel different tomorrow but how I see it, I feel we are more likely to finish 8th than scrape into the play-offs.  If we play at Exeter like we have these last 3 games, we are getting nothing, then we are hoping either Walsall beat a Swindon team backed by 3500 who have found form at just the right time or Sutton not winning at Harrogate.

Not either, but both. If three different results (including our own) go against us then we drop out. If just one result goes our way then we're in the play-offs. Each result is not unlikely but combined together then the chances are something will go our way.

9 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Not either, but both. If three different results (including our own) go against us then we drop out. If just one result goes our way then we're in the play-offs. Each result is not unlikely but combined together then the chances are something will go our way.

The problem now is what will galvanise these teams more is that they know we have blown up big time and are unlikely to get a result at exeter so they will know if they do there job and get the 3 points theres a good chance they will be in the play offs. Make know bones about though Sutton and Swindon have very tough games but they are both attacking teams and score goals and are capable of getting a similar result to what Bristol Rovers did on Saturday. I think we could he in for a long and painful afternoon unfortunately. As much as I hope we can get a result I think we will be relying on one of these teams to do us a favour.

7 hours ago, Wrex said:

that's how betting company's get people. All three outcomes seem likely, so people lump them together to win big and at least one lets them down. I'm sure that will happen on Saturday. I think Vale will make the playoffs but will have a tough first round against Mansfield or Bristol. Although I don't want Joey to go up, thinking about Vale I think that would give us the best chance. Northampton have looked shaky to me. We beat ourselves in the first game and we still had good chances, at VP they were appalling (though so were we.) They've been up and down in form too.

2 minutes ago, 1 said:

that's how betting company's get people. All three outcomes seem likely, so people lump them together to win big and at least one lets them down. I'm sure that will happen on Saturday. I think Vale will make the playoffs but will have a tough first round against Mansfield or Bristol. Although I don't want Joey to go up, thinking about Vale I think that would give us the best chance. Northampton have looked shaky to me. We beat ourselves in the first game and we still had good chances, at VP they were appalling (though so were we.) They've been up and down in form too.

Still on a big downer but I’m afraid we’ve got no chance with this shower in the playoffs who ever we play 

We still need a point to be sure of a playoff spot, and I fully expect us to have to earn that point, with other results likely to go against us in my view.

The big worry is that if you compare our situation with that of Bristol Rovers, they came from 3-1 down to pick up the points away at Rochdale whereas we totally collapsed once that second goal went in yesterday.  Our confidence is shot.

If we do manage to stay in the top 7 then it becomes a bit of a lottery, as we know, the best teams don’t always win. The question would be, do we have the capacity within this team (squad) to reset mentally and play a 2 game mini season followed by a cup final?  Prior to that do we have anything left in the tank for Exeter?  We only need a draw, but that’s all we’ve needed in the last 3 games.

I only hope the players recognised the hurt in the faces of the fans, certainly near me, as they walked around the pitch at the end, and that might be enough for them to see what it really means and can raise the bar.

Archived