onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How much do you hate Stoke?

RailwayRowdy

Advert

I think they've got a good jab, but the urinals really finished strong with their uppercuts. I scored it as a majority draw but no complaints from me that the referees ruled in favour of the bathrooms. Very tricky customers and I think the Potters did well to take it to points, considering. They showed great heart against a fearsome foe.

Very excited to see their next scrap. Bidets v Stoke for the undisputed title of the Bathroom Batterers. I hear Stoke are hard in training, practicing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with their shower heads.

(To answer your question, zoom in on my profile picture).

It all depends who I relate to. My best mate is a Stoke fan, we used to go to Vale one week, Stoke the next in the late 70's. We talk honest football with no vitriol. I have a lot of respect for Stoke teams in the past.

However on the whole, there is hatred amongst Stoke/ Vale, this is real nasty and I have witnessed aggro on occasions. I hate the moron Stoke fans and I hope we hammer them every time we play them. If we ever play and beat them in a competetive fixture again Burslem or Stoke will not be a safe place to be at.

Have to say I do love it when we beat them more so than any other side. Not a big fan of Walsall tbh

I enjoy laughing at them but if their scores weren't mentioned on Vale commentaries, I wouldn't really have any idea what they're up to. It helps living out of the area.

My step-dad supports them and it's quite good fun listening to him re-write history each time their brave new world crumbles and the latest manager (that he'd previously lauded) turns out to be a useless clown. He hates Pulis despite him giving them their best times in 40-odd years, states that he'd always said that Rowett and Jones would be disasters (despite him being thrilled when they were brought in), and believes that O'Neill is tea-total.

Not sure if we'll be on a level pegging with them on the pitch for a while but as far as the way the clubs are run, I wouldn't swap with them for anything.

Hate is a strong word, I have no opinion of Stoke city whatsoever: they aren’t relevant at all, I just wish there fans would get off their own ego trip for a club that are going nowhere fast, but Angela Smith does my head in, trying to suggest she knows something about football when she should sticker racket ball and their fans outdo themselves for moaning about how good they think this trivial little club, in the greater scheme of things actually are but please don’t sack michael O’Neil as he’s taking them down to where they actually belong! See you soon? Then 🤞

They seem to have this mindset that Vale fans were the issue during the 90s.This is as we had the cheek to enjoy what was for us a sucessful period. So we deserved all we got off their fans in this time. Always recall them as nasty agressive fans. 10 years outside the potteries could not care less about them now.

My future son-in-law is Lard. He is the Dad to our gorgeous ten week old grandson. Last week my wife bought said grandson  a cuddly Boomer from the club shop and the Lard won't let him have it in the house, but said it in a really shirty way. Needless to say, that when he's in our company,  he'll be 100% Vale, always. 

Indifference not hate.  Can honestly say I didn’t really think there was that much rivalry when I started going the Vale in the early 80s but all seemed to change the year we beat them in the pre-season ‘friendly’ and went on to get promotion (via the play-offs) and subsequently play them on a more competitive basis on and off for the next 10 years or so.  Not having now played them for 20 years or so I still couldn’t care less about them but always find it entertaining listening to their fan’s unfounded confidence on radio Stoke pre-match followed by deep despair on P&G after a defeat or draw (they deserve to win every game) and give a big cheer whenever the first caller or fan mentions their glory year from 50 years ago!

Archived