onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How much do you hate Stoke?

RailwayRowdy

Advert

I'm not bothered about them they are currently about 42 places above us in the league ladder ,they have a massive wage bill and are resigned to another season in championship ,there ground looked so empty yesterday in fact it look half empty every game this season .

There a half decent team the support is generally good .

Until we get into same league as them no point discussing them .

There obviously happy that we have let a great situation turn into a bad situation but that should motivate our players more your not just playing for Vale your playing to close the gap on them if you cannot hack it then give up the game players .

UTV 

Living on the Wirral I see Everton, Liverpool and Tranmere fans getting on fine. Banter yes, but no hatred going on. Before I left for here in 1987 Stoke City had a hooligan problem, but then so did many clubs. However, for older generations it wasn't unusual to watch Stoke City and Port Vale. Before the days of live TV if you wanted to watch great sides - Liverpool and Nottingham Forrest come to mind - it was necessary to watch Stoke or travel outside the area. Overall, I'm not really getting the current antagonism insofar as it might exist. That said the Stoke U21 game does float an issue on their part I suppose. 

I might be in the minority but I know some good people who are stoke fans. When they lose we have good banter but when they win I am happy for them as people. I don’t mind them doing well just not to well.

Crewe on the other hand. Never met a nice Crewe fan ever.

I've got family both vale and the dark side. Hate is a strong word. The fan base are deluded though , best team in Europe according to the lardy lot 

I'd put crewe in the hate category. But they are the comedy that keeps on giving this year. Walsall , MK Dons and Celtic can get in the bin too

Saying that, I'd give anything to see the vale beat them at the 365waist stadium. Would have to be away purely because the bill would be on them after the common knuckle daggers take their anger out on the bathroom facilities.

The only time I’ve ever watched Stoke was at Dynamo stadium in Houston for a preseason friendly in July 2013 against Houston Dynamo. I wore my Vale top , and as I passed some Stoke fans going in I tapped on the badge and said: “ Proper club is Port Vale” 

Dynamo won 2-0 . Great night that was, friendly or not. 

They are the luckiest set of supporters in the world, due to having old man Coates etc bankroll them. Without his billions they'd be in the National League. Money is no object, but it's great to see them squander so much season after season on useless players.

Archived