Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Advert:

On 26/04/2022 at 09:51, PV1973 said:

Isn’t running on empty and leggy pretty much the same thing?

So pressure was the only reason we lost? I don’t think so. 2 defensive mistakes cost us. First goal the players should have pushed up out of the 6 yard box as soon as the ball got played backwards to set their lad for the cross, (very similar to Bristol’s second goal last week).  Second goal and Martin sells himself and dives in.

With the few chances we did muster, Proctor should have done better when he was set on the edge of the box first half. Garrity should have had a shot second half in his left when he got free and decided to square it instead.  No one was following in Husseys free kick when it landed in the 6 yard box late on. 

Poor performance aside it’s fine margins that lose you games, they took their chances from our mistakes and we didn’t make anything in the areas where we could have done better. 

It's interesting to read how many Vale fans have developed insomnia...stomach ache (and associated problems) and are becoming a bundle of nerves...then magnify that umpteen-fold for the players? If you don't believe "stage fright" is an actual thing - you need to read how many top actors / musicians admit to...literally...shitting themselves before a gig, or going on stage. Too many times some of you forget our players are Lge 2 level - mostly - for a reason...and, even more importantly...they are also human!   

• Like 6

Advert:

12 hours ago, robf said:

I've not seen any video of that game but if anyone has it, I would be delighted to get it onto YouTube. One of my favourite Vale games I have attended.

893604589_AndyJone2.thumb.JPG.46d1fb06290cda1f17e154d7aea62654.JPG

I was one of Rudge's video team for that game and Andy Jones jumped into Lorne St Directors Box,where we were located,and run off with the VHS video!!

22 hours ago, robf said:

I've not seen any video of that game but if anyone has it, I would be delighted to get it onto YouTube. One of my favourite Vale games I have attended.

893604589_AndyJone2.thumb.JPG.46d1fb06290cda1f17e154d7aea62654.JPG

Would love to see that. I have the video from the following game where he scored 4. 

Going to be very strange without our game today, but I shall be closely monitoring all those matches that are relevant to us: Nhampton v Exeter, Rochdale v Brizzle Rovers,Sutton v Bradford,Tranmere v Oldham, Swindon v Barrow.  When are Mansfield & Salford playing?

Squeaky bum time!

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Going to be very strange without our game today, but I shall be closely monitoring all those matches that are relevant to us: Nhampton v Exeter, Rochdale v Brizzle Rovers,Sutton v Bradford,Tranmere v Oldham, Swindon v Barrow.  When are Mansfield & Salford playing?

Squeaky bum time!

Monday at 12:30 live on Sky before our game.

1 hour ago, DaneValiant said:

Who else has a few quid on Northampton, Mansfield, Bristol Rovers, Sutton and Swindon all winning to help mask the pain then? 28/1. Should be free money... 

watched the Orient v Northampton malt h from last Saturday, they were everything we were not at Walsall, fast, decisive straight from the off. Hope I am wrong but I cannot see Northampton slipping up.

2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

watched the Orient v Northampton malt h from last Saturday, they were everything we were not at Walsall, fast, decisive straight from the off. Hope I am wrong but I cannot see Northampton slipping up.

I can’t see them slipping up as well they are a strong side and I can’t see Exeter busting a gut to get something out of the game despite them in with a chance it winning the league they have achieved their goal 

Advert: