onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Olly, I think most of the negativity comes from the supporters who don’t go every week and haven’t witnessed these performances all season.

I’ve got a season ticket. I’m extremely negative. That was absolutely <ovf censored>.

Advert

1 minute ago, osprey said:

You are assuming Smith actually manages to get it to Worrall- it’s a toss up whether he will 

Very true, but I’ll still be there next season. Don’t ask me why but I think if we lose at Exeter next week, Swindon or Sutton will fail. Not a good way to achieve something but let’s keep our fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

I think it comes from another pathetic turgid display right from the off, tbh. 

Remember mate, if in doubt, blame the fans who pay money to get in, not the players who are paid good money to do a job they failed to do.

Easy to see which players are lacking the quality required to perform to the end of the season. Whatever happens now, there are players who we should be looking to replace. 

No one wears his heart on his sleeve more than Nathan Smith, but as a footballer the lad is inept.  Worrall has now become an expert in hitting his defender when trying to cross a ball and has forgotten how to beat a man. Time up David, I'm sorry to say. Benning and Hussey served a purpose,  but ultimately faded in a desperate way. Neither should be with us next season 

No real alternative if the strikers are not fireing and a midfield that is bereft of steel and creativity. The impact that Amoo has made this season is next to zero, again time unfortunately up for another David.  Still have an unconvincing goalkeeping situation 

Finally, too many aver teams have played sharper, passing based football than us this season, especially at Vale Park. Let's just hope that all this can be addressed by the "process" so that we can have another go next season,  because right now,  I'm too deflated to think about a positive outcome to what happens next,  playoffs or no playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

I have just listened to Crosby’s interview on Radio Stoke.

He said start of the second half we went at them, got the equaliser and looked the most likely side to win it?

The stats said Newport had 6 shots on target to Vale’s 2 and had 8 corners to Vale’s 2.

What planet is he on ?

He has said all along he doesn’t look at the League Table, What a pity he hadn’t.

Apart from that terrific 16-20mins at start of second half, Newport were definitely the better side on the day.

2 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Apart from that terrific 16-20mins at start of second half, Newport were definitely the better side on the day.

Certainly were

They drove forward with purpose, moved the ball quickly. Vale didn’t 

4 minutes ago, jeffers said:

At the start of the season I expect no one thought we would be anywhere near play-offs let alone promotion. In the end fatigue and no plan B caught up with us. 

No true, I certainly did. Play-offs was/is a bare minimum for me, the autos should (and was) achievable. I’m not trying to dig out scapegoats, but not to have a Plan B with 3 very experienced (and promotion-winning) guys at the helm is a little disappointing. We’ve also got one of the highest wages bills, the management have been backed, and we are constantly told that “Port Vale is now a fantastic place for players to be” which, before anyone says, is not a dig. 

I wrote off our automatic credentials a couple of months ago (to serious derision on here) as I just could not see, given the way we play, how we could put enough wins together to make top 3, yet incredibly we did AND held a 5 point advantage. So more disappointing that we’ve let it slip. 

Not over of course and we’ll see what next week brings but the reality is IMHO is that we’ll have another season in a much stronger L2 to look forward to next year, with another summer re-build after no doubt losing Gibbo and Conlon. So decide for yourselves if that’s progress…..

How did Newport lose a lead and end up losing at Colchester last week, bottling the playoffs, and then turn in a performance like that today?

Why can’t the useless bottling Vale do the same after Walsall?

Smith is a bombscare with ball at his feet. Newport had him on toast gave him all the time in the world to stuff it up. He's a young Legge.

We've signed up a number of players on 2+ year deals, and i can see numerous areas of the pitch we need improvements. A half decent goalie, a lewis cass replacement so we can shift Smith back into the middle (if he doesnt move on), a right back to cover gibbos chocolate hamstrings, two strikers to cover Wilson and Proctor. Very concerned and very annoyed tonight.

2 minutes ago, Old fort said:

No one wears his heart on his sleeve more than Nathan Smith, but as a footballer the lad is inept. 

You think so?  Several managers don't seem to share your opinion. 

3 minutes ago, jeffers said:

At the start of the season I expect no one thought we would be anywhere near play-offs let alone promotion. In the end fatigue and no plan B caught up with us. 
Let’s take heart with the efforts of DC & DF to put together a squad that have given us a season to cheer. Some tweaks and re-modelling and we will comeback stronger. Whilst the play-offs are still mathematically a possibility, let’s look forward and not backwards. When all is said and done, FGR & Exeter took several years to achieve their goal.

One of the Highest Budgets in the league and you say no one expected Play Offs.

Swindon only had about 4 players the week before the season started and they have done as well as us.

Even Carol said we won’t finish 8th ?

The club is in a lot better position than for many years but you can understand the fans disappointment at the last 3 performances combined with the results.

We have been in League 2 a lot longer than Forest Green.

Regarding the recruitment other than Cass, when have Vale made any Decent Loan Signings Not since Tyler Walker.

4 minutes ago, toyahw said:

You think so?  Several managers don't seem to share your opinion. 

Two of those are Michael Brown and Neil Aspin, both out of football, and another is at York City as we speak. This isn't the good argument you think it is.

Smith can defend at a League 2 level, but is a Sunday league football technically. Other clubs know this, and today Newport purposefully let him have time and space so the ball kept ending up with him, ruining every attack. It was clear as day when he tried to leave 2 years ago and came back to our contract when no one in a league above fancied him. You simply can't play him as a wide centre back. Atrocious today.

Archived