Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Just now, smada said:

With the exception Hall I think we need a complete new back line. Hussey and Benning were dreadful, Martin gives me palpitations, Smith is no good at RCB of a three and Stone surely needs to be onhis bike.

Stone wasn’t at fault for the goals today 

• Like 2

Advert:

No, a clearout is not needed. We need a few players for sure and we will get them. We improved the squad in January but not by enough 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

We have too many one trick ponies I am afraid, they cannot adapt, but that is why they are league 2. We miss passing in midfield/ changing a formation/ plus we lack width with the wing backs we are playing atm (too slow to defend and attack). But lets see what next week brings. I am getting my Wembley Vale flag ready 

Edited by ginginator
  • Like 1

Advert:

3 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Why are Bristol fans on here. Get a life you <ovf censored> 

Cry more. 
I’d be absolutely seething if we played like that after going 2-1 down. The game was yours until that goal against the run of play and your players seemed like they gave up.

That’s the difference between our sides. So much more character in ours. 3-1 down and didn’t give up.

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Azaz has that ability to pick it up and run with purpose, we have no-one like that. Not even Garrity has been doing that recently.

Vale have got a player like that 1, his name is Jake Taylor but for some unknown reason DC/AC don't play him and he spends his time sitting on the bench. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, osprey said:

Stone wasn’t at fault for the goals today 

3 goalies signed, and not one better than what we let go, overall a lot of our signings are not good enough. Don’t know whether Monty would have chosen to stay but he’s far better than the 2 players we had on the left side today.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

It can't be ignored that we've stopped trying since Clarkes 'phased' return

Wanted to come on and have a reasoned discussion.

Noticed that I wasn’t surprised at all who was posting on here rather than watching the actual match, people getting sucked in by Bristol trolls and then read this after 30 seconds.

See you all in the summer. 

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, brizzlesizzle said:

Cry more. 
I’d be absolutely seething if we played like that after going 2-1 down. The game was yours until that goal against the run of play and your players seemed like they gave up.

That’s the difference between our sides. So much more character in ours. 3-1 down and didn’t give up.

The thing is, we are most likely playing each other again next season!

Advert:

Results have been bad but the performances have been dreadful on this losing streak.

Completely buckled under the pressure. The amount of misplaced passes and terrible first touches was astonishing.

Unless we beat Exeter it's unlikely we'll make the playoffs now.

Need some characters and leaders next season!

• Like 2

Wanted to come on and have a reasoned discussion.
Noticed that I wasn’t surprised at all who was posting on here rather than watching the actual match and then read this after 30 seconds.
See you all in the summer. 
I repeat
Why? Were they trying 'for the gaffer' in his absence and then he returned taking away their reason for motivation (heaven knows why they wouldn't have any when they were in such a fantastic position without needing any other reason though)