• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Loads called for his selection.  

Not in a back 3 with Benning next to him. But what can we do with no Hall, and not even Jones in the bench! When all is said and done it’s the injuries that have cost us.

Advert:

2 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

There's definitely a psychological issue at Vale when it comes to big events. Players can't even control it properly now. Everyone seems nervous or panicky 

100% correct. It’s not just one player it’s the whole team. A really disappointing 45mins virtually the same as the Walsall second half. Worrell must be carrying an injury, he’s been hopeless. Gibbo for Worrell and Amoo for Benning for me at HT.

• Like 1

Advert:

Just now, soothsayer said:

100% correct. It’s not just one player it’s the whole team. A really disappointing 45mins virtually the same as the Walsall second half. Worrell must be carrying an injury, he’s been hopeless. Gibbo for Worrell and Amoo for Benning for me at HT.

Rushed back too soon I wonder? 

Agree with Gibbo coming on. Benning and Hussey just look awkward on the pitch 

Advert:

3 minutes ago, 1 said:

Not in a back 3 with Benning next to him. But what can we do with no Hall, and not even Jones in the bench! When all is said and done it’s the injuries that have cost us.

Well fair enough.  In that case he's colour blind 

Worst individual performance since Zak Jules 

Hussey is putting in the worst performance I have seen since we had crap like Rae Ingram. How is he a professional?

Perhaps the worst performance I have seen this season, and I have stayed up and watched some tripe.

The Micky Adams Vale promotion squad was light years ahead of this. Forget the play offs, we are out. Aboslutely embarrassing so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Swapping Charsley for Conlon is a laugh. We need our best players, not this reserve team with no Hall, Gibbo, Walker or Conlon. The stand ins ain’t up to it.

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Could go 4 at the back here and change it a bit by bringing Amoo and gibbo on. Don’t agree with Charsley having a good game, thought he’s been awful on the ball IMO. Hussey had a shocker for the goal, got caught wrong side and then fell over. I think Worrall is hiding, when smith gets the ball he’s constantly running away from him and giving him nothing to hit. Bennings been poor, but there’s been no link up play when a wing back gets it, no forward going to them and showing for the ball. The one decent half chance we had was when Garrity hit the front post with a low cross, Proctor had made the run and then checked it. If he’d carried on I think he would have got there. Need change something quickly now, wouldnt be surprised to see a change at half time. 

Edited by PV1973