Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Come on Salford! I've always loved you and the way every single match you play in the FA Cup, regardless of your opponents, gets televised on BBC/ITV ensuring you get a healthy slice of cash. You can do it 

• Haha 2

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Well, it was going to plan in the Salford v Mansfield game until that Mansfield equaliser!

One of the longest afternoons ever coming up.

6 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

At least it looks like Salford are up for it - let’s hope Newport aren’t.

Salford have something to play for, Newport don't.

Never nervous before a game. But today is huge 

Great to see Vale Park sold out. 

Just the hope the lads do the business on the pitch. 

For anyone who doesn't have sky sports , hesgoal have the game as do vipleague 

Up the Vale! 

Advert:

Ignore Salford Mansfield today is all about us.

In the main this season the players have responded extremely well to a poor display, they just need to do that again today to put us in the driving seat on Satdee.

Due to different permutations I’d like to see us really go for the jugular today for 90 mins for 3 points and improved goal difference. 

Believe.

I'm watching it, reassuring myself that the result doesn't matter, because if we win our two games, Mansfield have to do it the hard way. Then I start thinking of all the permutations, and have to have a lie down....  The beers are in for the game on Sky.  To misquote Early Doors - "To the Vale, I wish I was there".  

25 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

One of the longest afternoons ever coming up.

What an utterly stupid penalty for Salford to give away on the stroke of half-time.  Mansfield now 3rd as it stands with us down to fifth.

Not sure why people are bothered what happens to Mansfield, there is no way that either Bristol are going to drop points to the worst team in the league or Northampton at Barrow, win 2 games one nil, it would mean Mansfield would have to score 8 in one and half games of football.

• Like 1

Advert:

Advert: