Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Posted (edited)

It’s time to ditch the back 3 and go 4 at the back for me.

Stone

Gibbo Smith Hall Hussey

Pett

Garrity          Taylor

Worall                      Wilson

Proctor

Edited by saintvaliant

Advert:

Advert:

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Sounds like a formation Breadwinner would play

I was thinking that 😂😂

the trusty old   1   4   1   2    2    1 system  - does that even add up to eleven  😍

In fairness though at this point, why not 👍😁

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Emile said:

Sounds like a formation Breadwinner would play

My formation do not care if it upsets tge Smith Worrall Benning and Proctor lovers (although over the season they done well generally but last 2 games average to poor in my opinion ).

Stone 

Jones Martin Hall 

Gibbons Pett Hussey

Garrity 

Taylor Charsley 

Wilson .

Plenty of hard running legs in  Charsley Garrity and Taylor get up there with Wilson and break the lines .

Jones has a pass in him and the back 3 need be changed Hall generally doesn't put a foot wrong,Martins being very good in the games ive seen and Smith is playing like he is seeing out his contract in  my opinion , and the area between Smith and Worrall is our weak link so do not keep playing them try strengthening try someone else .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

17 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

As a simple solution, can't argue with that statement!  

Not sure why we didn't just win every game and have the league wrapped up in March. It would have been so much easier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Advert:

1 minute ago, geoff1 said:

illi see kevin ellison is still around! must be 88yr old now, and id bet hed still score against us.🤔:drink:

I was expecting Alan Buckley come on second half for Walsall he would have had least 3 against us and he must be over 60 now.

8 hours ago, JSValiant said:

If by the time this game comes around we might know that the Automatics are almost gone, so rest the Important Players for the Playoffs and make it a 3 Game Season!

That's impossible.

Even if Northampton win,we will be 4 points behind with 2 to play

4 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

It’s time to ditch the back 3 and go 4 at the back for me.

Stone

Gibbo Smith Hall Hussey

Pett

Garrity          Taylor

Worall                      Wilson

Proctor

We dont necessarily need to ditch the system just need to be more cautious in pushing that 3rd centre half up the pitch all the time to stop us being picked off on the counter attack. Its difficult I know as we have won many times pushing them up the pitch but teams are sussing it out now and killing us on the break away. I think we might get away with it against Newport but not exeter.

Think the Northampton game on Saturday will have a big bearing on how our fans are, if they drop points, can expect a great atmosphere and hopefully Vale on the front foot to make amends for yesterday's horror show.  I would be making a few changes and my 11 would be;

Stone

Gibbo Smith Hall Jones Hussey

Charsley Pett Garrity

Proctor Wilson

We didnt press at all at Walsall, lets go out attacking with Gibbo and Hussey coming in, better delivery from the wide areas, Jones in for the long throws, I know we haven't scored from them but for me, its a weapon that is needed and with Smith, Hall, Garrity and Proctor, no reason why we can't.

1 hour ago, Mellor! said:

Not sure why we didn't just win every game and have the league wrapped up in March. It would have been so much easier.

In fact, surely if the players had put their minds to it and won the first 30 games on the bounce we'd be confirmed champions already?

• Haha 1

Advert:

11 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Think the Northampton game on Saturday will have a big bearing on how our fans are, if they drop points, can expect a great atmosphere and hopefully Vale on the front foot to make amends for yesterday's horror show.  I would be making a few changes and my 11 would be;

Stone

Gibbo Smith Hall Jones Hussey

Charsley Pett Garrity

Proctor Wilson

We didnt press at all at Walsall, lets go out attacking with Gibbo and Hussey coming in, better delivery from the wide areas, Jones in for the long throws, I know we haven't scored from them but for me, its a weapon that is needed and with Smith, Hall, Garrity and Proctor, no reason why we can't.

I agree totally keep the what's a winning system but maybe put 1 or 2 defensive minded players as wing backs or at least one. What's the point in having Benning out wide doing nothing all game and potentially leaving us exposed, we got to stop the silly mistakes and leaving the back 3 or even 2 at times exposed. Only way we will get back to keeping clean sheets. Our success has been built on our defense we are not suddenly going to become a free scoring team it's to late for that there isnt the goals or creativity in the team.

I couldn't go to the Walsall game because I couldn't queue for a ticket. But against Bristol I was frustrated that our best set piece taker Worrall wasn't doing that and Benning was. OK, if Hussey is on the pitch there may be a contest. 

30 minutes ago, Warren said:

I couldn't go to the Walsall game because I couldn't queue for a ticket. But against Bristol I was frustrated that our best set piece taker Worrall wasn't doing that

Worrall shouldn't have to queue get in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3