onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert

Our middle three of a dearth of creativity. For all the grafting of Garrity and Charsley, they're not very technical. Goals need to come from wide areas.

Benning and Worrall out. Hussey and Gibbons in. Create through them. I've not been blown away by Hussey but he has a better cross than Benning, who seemingly can't do anything without it deflecting.

I've had issues with our back three's quality on the ball for a while, and would consider bringing Jones in for Martin, putting Smith centrally as he was when we were excellent with Cass-Smith-Jones. We've conceded two or more goals in 3 of our last 4. It's leaky. In an ideal world we restore Lucas Covolan, enabling a higher line and an ability to build from the back so we look less Sunday League in possession, and he scores a last-minute winner at Exeter so my statue idea can get off the ground.

Stone/Legend

Jones Smith Hall

Gibbo Pett Charsley Hussey

Garrity

Wilson Proctor

It’s time to ditch the back 3 and go 4 at the back for me.
                  Stone
Gibbo Smith Hall Hussey
                   Pett
      Garrity          Taylor
Worall                      Wilson
                Proctor
Yeah let's ditch the system weve played all season, is familar for the players and that's got us 1 point off third and one of the best GD in the league, at the most crucial point of the season. Glad you're not in charge

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Sounds like a formation Breadwinner would play

I was thinking that 😂😂

the trusty old   1   4   1   2    2    1 system  - does that even add up to eleven  😍

In fairness though at this point, why not 👍😁

2 hours ago, Emile said:

Sounds like a formation Breadwinner would play

My formation do not care if it upsets tge Smith Worrall Benning and Proctor lovers (although over the season they done well generally but last 2 games average to poor in my opinion ).

Stone 

Jones Martin Hall 

Gibbons Pett Hussey

Garrity 

Taylor Charsley 

Wilson .

Plenty of hard running legs in  Charsley Garrity and Taylor get up there with Wilson and break the lines .

Jones has a pass in him and the back 3 need be changed Hall generally doesn't put a foot wrong,Martins being very good in the games ive seen and Smith is playing like he is seeing out his contract in  my opinion , and the area between Smith and Worrall is our weak link so do not keep playing them try strengthening try someone else .

UTV 

1 minute ago, geoff1 said:

illi see kevin ellison is still around! must be 88yr old now, and id bet hed still score against us.🤔:drink:

I was expecting Alan Buckley come on second half for Walsall he would have had least 3 against us and he must be over 60 now.

8 hours ago, JSValiant said:

If by the time this game comes around we might know that the Automatics are almost gone, so rest the Important Players for the Playoffs and make it a 3 Game Season!

That's impossible.

Even if Northampton win,we will be 4 points behind with 2 to play

Archived