• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Advert:

16 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Yeah I think the pearl-clutching over Rovers fans going on the pitch is unnecessary.

We got told off for over-celebrating at Hartlepool yet none of our lot invaded the pitch and lifted the manager?

• Like 1

Advert:

It’s down to us tomorrow, pointless thinking of Exeter just yet but need to get a result and take it to Exeter.

Newport are in poor form and we’ve got to embrace the big crowd this time. Hopefully 9 days have given Gibbons more time to get up to speed and with the minutes in the bank last weekend Pett is ready.

If we don’t win tomorrow in the circumstances we don’t deserve promotion. Simple as that.

• Like 6

Coutts gets a 3 match ban for Violent Conduct, plus an additional 1 match ban for being sent off before.

He would miss the play-off final if they make it.

Huge blow for them that. What stupidity from him there, and that YouTuber of theirs was banging on that’s he’s a better captain to have that Harry Macguire!
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, brizzlesizzle said:

SHOCKING: Team that trailed 2-0 and 3-1 scores twice and injury time to win 4-3 securing playoffs and keeping autos alive, and the fans celebrate😱😱😱

To be honest it's a fantastic win for you and to be honest especially if you at a game like that the emotion 3-2 down Out of running for automatics next five mins winning 4-3 Well yeah your right be ecstatic. 

However that should put the bit between us and the Mansfield players teeths tomorrow and the final game. 

Over 46 games the team that finish 3rd will deserve it .

On current form it's not us so that's why we need pack the park tomorrow and get behind them like we used to do in the 90s and in big cup games and generally our away fans do all the time 

It's no  time be quiet I want to hear how much the fans want it tomorrow .

We have about 12 sections of the bycars 3 full 1 with 5 seats left in it and 8 sections to fill with good availability get it packed never mind watching it on your fire stick local people get to the ground .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, brizzlesizzle said:

SHOCKING: Team that trailed 2-0 and 3-1 scores twice and injury time to win 4-3 securing playoffs and keeping autos alive, and the fans celebrate😱😱😱

Please return to your own forum if you have one 

At first I thought all the celebrations were because your horrible manager was going to prison...where he belongs. I think you forget he took you from 19th to 24th last season. 

Edited by DazFred

Advert:

22 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Who cares how many cards BR have had? 

It is absolutely irrelevant 

They got three in the last 10 mins of the game yesterday 

I'd have been on the pitch if we'd done that

Wouldn't mind a bit of that killer instinct in our last two games

If we manage to win them I couldn't care less how its done 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

It is absolutely irrelevant 

They got three in the last 10 mins of the game yesterday 

I'd have been on the pitch if we'd done that

Wouldn't mind a bit of that killer instinct in our last two games

If we manage to win them I couldn't care less how its done 

I wish we’d shown that fight at Walsall 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I wish we’d shown that fight at Walsall 

Walsall is the past m8 Newports the present ,we were driving around the Applecross pass up Scotland and I couldn't believe the lack of desire in the Vale that day on the stats .

Truly awful performance when a average one probably gets us a win .

Gone though nothing can do about our last 2 performances and more importantly results have being poor the worrying stat for me in those two defeats are these Bristol Rovers 4 attempts on target 3 goals and Walsall 2 attempts on target 2 goals .

I'd be tempted change the goalkeeper for last 2 .

UTV 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

It’s down to us tomorrow, pointless thinking of Exeter just yet but need to get a result and take it to Exeter.

Newport are in poor form and we’ve got to embrace the big crowd this time. Hopefully 9 days have given Gibbons more time to get up to speed and with the minutes in the bank last weekend Pett is ready.

If we don’t win tomorrow in the circumstances we don’t deserve promotion. Simple as that.

Gibbo is a must, hope Pett is fitter. All or nothing v Newport. Focus on this first and foremost. Two wins and we are promoted.

Had this been a routine league match after such a dreadful performance at Walsall I think the Manager would be making a few changes. I don’t think Benning, Worrell or a few others for that matter could have any complaints if they were dropped after last week’s shambles. However this isn’t a routine game although I can see Gibbo coming in providing he’s had no adverse reaction to his injury in training. I’m hoping another nine days on and Pett will be back to something approaching his best as he was way off the pace at Walsall. 
We need to start like we want it tomorrow and show some desire but above all BELIEVE!