Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

At the end of the day few teams get automatically promoted with under 80pts. Forget other teams you have to get the requisite points total yourself. If it’s not to be it’s not to be but it’s been some ride.

Advert:

13 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

How dare you talk sensibly and balanced 

We got what we wanted today.

An opportunity for our fate in our own hands.

I hope the people who fancy Bristol will be watching them next week,cos we don't want their encouragement do we?

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Two wins playing at our best and we are up .

That's what we have to do nothing less .

Can we do it .

Yes .

Bristol Rovers what character they deserve 4th place .

Finish it Vale and score goals  

Bristol Rovers 4th goal looked well offside.

Who cares about Bristol if Jones levels they wouldn't even be above us as we would have gone on beat them .

Some people coming out the ground creaming themselves over them ,we have 2 games to prove we are better than them which I believe we are but only the league table after 46 games will clarify my belief 

UTV 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Get in, back in our owns hands. Lets hope a sell out capacity crowd of 7,500 in the 20k seater stadium can roar us on v Newport on Monday.

When is a 20k seat stadium not a 20k seat stadium…..???

When there’s a big game on at Vale Park!

• Haha 3

Advert:

I hope the people who fancy Bristol will be watching them next week,cos we don't want their encouragement do we?
Bloody hell talk about knickers in a twist. Any betting man looking at the table and fixtures would fancy Bristol over us. Its not doom and gloom, its realism.
  • Like 1

Vale and Mansfield can get to 81 pts, Vale currently have a 6 goal better goal difference than Mansfield. Theoretically Vale could get pipped to the autos if Vale and Mansfield win both games and Mansfield can overturn the goal difference but it's  unlikely.  I prefer Vale's position rather than Mansfield's for an auto spot.

• Like 1

Vale and Mansfield can get to 81 pts, Vale currently have a 6 goal better goal difference than Mansfield. Theoretically Vale could get pipped to the autos if Vale and Mansfield win both games and Mansfield can overturn the goal difference but it's  unlikely.  I prefer Vale's position rather than Mansfield's for an auto spot.
For me, we beat newport and its between us and Bristol last day. Mansfield hopefully wont get enough of a goal swing to get past us now.

20 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

You read my mind, but why now? Surely, in even the most optimistic scenario, they won’t bring 500? So why is it seemingly beyond our capability to split the stand like clubs up and down the country do? Aside from anything I actually think the noise coming from that end when you have even 1,500 in there is much better than anywhere else in the ground.

Agreed, it’s probably too late to do that for Monday but if we are ultimately in the playoffs we should definitely do it. And that is regardless of the opposition, I don’t see why we should allow away teams the whole of that stand when most of them teams wouldn’t give us more than about 1500 for the away leg. Think it would improve the home atmosphere no end.

Advert:

41 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
41 minutes ago, Another shropshire valiant said:
I fancy Bristol for 3rd spot now…… 

Unfortunately so do I

Hope Cobblers make it if Vale don't. Any club that appoints a wife beater in any capacity has no moral compass.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
17 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Bloody hell talk about knickers in a twist. Any betting man looking at the table and fixtures would fancy Bristol over us. Its not doom and gloom, its realism.

But I'd also fancy Northampton over Bristol. Even if Bristol put 6 up Scunthorpe then Northampton only need a win to be above them . 

People painting Bristol to be something they aren't.  Yes fantastic win today but were 3-1 down to a team on the beach. 

But I'd also fancy Northampton over Bristol. Even if Bristol put 6 up Scunthorpe then Northampton only need a win to be above them . 
People painting Bristol to be something they aren't.  Yes fantastic win today but were 3-1 down to a team on the beach. 
theyve been on a hell of a run, but then again so have Northampton.

One things for sure, what a mental end to the season for all teams involved