onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Ive just got home from work and still so dissapointed thought I would have gotten over it by now. Let me just remind everybody of the results of the 6 games prior to the Bristol game;

15th March 3-1 beat Mansfield 

19th 1-2 beat Bradford

26th 2-1 beat Sutton

2nd Apr 1-0 beat Barrow 

5th 0-1 beat Salford

9th 3-2 beat Oldham

15th 0-1 beat Harlepool

Then we played Bristol and the rest is history. Coincidence or maybe not but the emotion of Mr C at Hartlepool and I was there and I had a tear in my eyes, but ever since then we have not been the same. I'm sure others have seen the pictures of Mr C wired up to the team on the bench from yesterday, and I also know he was in the dressing before the last player left the field at halftime. And before anybody starts to slate me I have nothing against DC or AC but I just wonder if 2 many cook's as the saying goes.

Advert

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

It’s a pity more didn’t show their appreciation to the players and staff for a hard season and instead let the last 3 games cloud their judgment. It was nice to see the manager out on the pitch. 

I’m gutted I left that’s not like me at all 

22 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

As somebody rightly said on Radio Joke, we pay a high price for Garrity’s goals.

You mean we pay the price of having a player doing the work of two (c.f. Robbie Earle) pressing, chasing, hassling, ball winning, turning 50-50s into 60-40s and still having a second go if he loses the first challenge, driving us forward... and scoring goals Slaven or Hughes would be proud of? Modest, level headed... I could go on, but I don't have his stamina.

That's our Player of the Season you're talking about.

1 minute ago, EricHamesis said:

You mean we pay the price of having a player doing the work of two (c.f. Robbie Earle) pressing, chasing, hassling, ball winning, turning 50-50s into 60-40s and still having a second go if he loses the first challenge, driving us forward... and scoring goals Slaven or Hughes would be proud of? Modest, level headed... I could go on, but I don't have his stamina.

That's our Player of the Season you're talking about.

Spot on 

I think he's the top scoring MF in the division 

He was non league a couple of years ago 

Personally he's my player of the season. Even when he's not having his best game he doesn't go hiding.

22 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

As somebody rightly said on Radio Joke, we pay a high price for Garrity’s goals. Especially when you saw the ease with which Newport, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Rochdale (to name but a few examples) have sliced through our midfield. 

The new Louis Dodds?? You want him in the team, just don’t know where??

Louis Dodds played about 4 games in a 4 3 1 2

He was almost wide in a 4 4 2

For Garrity, its either him or, for how deep Wilson keeps dropping, Wilson.

Its true , as a midfielder Garrity is not the answer. Brilliant goals this season and its his success that has put us where we are in the main, but he is so easily passed by in midfield. His creativity from midfield is next to nothing. Once he is in the box he looks dangerous

Whatever happens on Saturday please keep Carl off Radio Sjoke 

I can't stand "I told you so' people at the best of times but let him,Jimmy and Bryn(the Stoke moaners) have a 3 way conversation on the motorway of their choice

Guest Vale at home
9 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Havent posted earlier to get over the disappointment and to try and avoid a knee jerk reaction. Felt the third goal in the 3-1 defeat by Bristol  was harsh, but at 2-1 all credit for trying to get the equaliser. Having said that Bristol I felt played better than us, but after all they were fellow promotion contenders. Walsall and Newport were the real failures for me. Both midtable teams with nothing to play for ( pros and cons to that I know) and they looked better than us, that was worrying and incredibly disappointing. 

This season, I think we have already peaked and if its the playoffs we look like the team that should have gone up automatically but didnt. That carries with it a major downside mentally with my money on one of the other playoff teams. Its been said Vale are a streaky team, looks to me like we are on one now. Unfortunately its a losing streak.

Hope the Vale players prove me wrong but at the Business end of the season have seen nothing to indicate they will.

Well said . Man in the pub . I totally. Agree with you . As I was at Both Games . Newport . Vale did not want to know . At . All   11 players  can not have a bad game .   Vale will be very Lucky to be in the Play offs .  I am still fuming and very Disappointed. 

Guest Vale at home
9 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Perhaps I should have said nothing to play for promotion/relegation wise, unlike us. You are right both opponents were competitive and fully up for it, unlike us. 

I Agree .with the man in the pub . Vale were very poor . At Walsall and Newport . 

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

What's up with the players then I do not get it .

Every Vale fan in every workplace is going get laughed at today and we are in danger of laughing stock to humiliation laughing stock if do not secure minimum play offs .

I do not get it  I am  trying understand what's gone on .

It's terrible  

I’m gutted mate by our capitulation but the lads are only human. It’s as simple as that.

7 hours ago, MBE said:

I’m gutted mate by our capitulation but the lads are only human. It’s as simple as that.

Yes they are it's more the shock of it all really after Hartlepool second half performance I thought we rolling into form and then when a huge crowd turns up v BR and we score after 2 mins you think go on your confidence  be sky high now and then we give the same type of goals away  . the first goal away on Mon (same position between Smith and Worrall ).

What's DONE DONE it cannot be reversed I think the players need a good dressing down before they go on the pitch for last game,what annoyed me immensely is that it 45 mins get going in a must  win game (arrogance thought that Newport would give us the game when in fact there on TV and they might be playing for there futures in the game as no ones guaranteed anything especially in football so many Academy under  23s will never play a competitive league game ever sad but true  ).so why the disrespect towards a very up for it home crowd .

Live and learn from it Vale but do not ever short change the support as they know what they see and they will judge .

Hope the beamback sells out and the 4000 see a 90 minute performance not a bit here and a bit there .

Maybe this being good to the players and letting them have day's off galore is not a good thing maybe running them westport lake 50 times will get a reaction  out of them .

90 minutes in future please Vale because if you are fortunate get in play offs then everything has be quicker and you have to at it .

We miss a  winger who can beat players we too predictable a player who can go at someone or  run through them like Gareth Ainsworth used too .

Wheres that Cooper surely if you at a higher level club you must have something .

What's this nonsense of taking a midfielder off and replacing with Harratt also .

We have yet to see Wilson with Harratt who knows that could be the partnership deliver no point leaving Proctor on if he is not involved or bullied and dominated like he as being last 2 games. 

I personally feel Edmondson might be a good partnership with Wilson,if Proctor and Wilson not working you do not carry on with it do you .

It's generally Garrity and Proctor who combine brilliantly but teams have realised this .

So find different ways and quick and get something from the Exeter game 

UTV 

I shake my head at some of the suggestions a regular poster makes.

Andy Crosby will not change the system and will only tinker with personnel. He doesn't make wholesale changes.

The team have hit a bad run at the wrong time. Look at Plymouth in League 1. Look at Newport and Tranmere in League 2. It happens.

We have one game left and whilst I'm not optimistic I'll be with the team in spirit hoping we can squeeze out one more positive result.

Bristol Rovers fans think they are up. They've forgotten about Northampton and Mansfield. And us.

We've been written off. I'd love us to prove most people wrong and even though we are out of form,we did it at FGR. Maybe playing away might suit them and there is no expectancy at all.

22 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I shake my head at some of the suggestions a regular poster makes.

Andy Crosby will not change the system and will only tinker with personnel. He doesn't make wholesale changes.

The team have hit a bad run at the wrong time. Look at Plymouth in League 1. Look at Newport and Tranmere in League 2. It happens.

We have one game left and whilst I'm not optimistic I'll be with the team in spirit hoping we can squeeze out one more positive result.

Bristol Rovers fans think they are up. They've forgotten about Northampton and Mansfield. And us.

We've been written off. I'd love us to prove most people wrong and even though we are out of form,we did it at FGR. Maybe playing away might suit them and there is no expectancy at all.

Our away record is one of the best in League 2.Only Walsall have beaten us since ages ago.A different set up ,hard to beat and ,importantly,more relaxed.

Archived