onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

20 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Joe B, as always your posts are rational and from the heart. Believe me, I and many others are feeling the same pain as you. Fortunately for me, I lived through the Rudgie years so do have distant memories of the good times. In fact, sitting in a guesthouse in Blackpool at the age of 10, watching England win the World Cup, will live with me until I hang up my boots for the last time. Whilst you have not had those good times, you have also not experienced “the massive fall from grace” that we have had in the post Rudgie years. 
I also question what is the greatest hurt - missing promotion after a good season or getting relegated at the end of an awful season. The one thing with true Vale fans is that we will be there next season, no matter how much we are hurting today. Chin up and KTF, with Carol at the helm this may be the beginning of a few years of cheer.

As a matter of interest, the three clubs relegated from the Championship in 1996-97 (our best finish @ 8th) were:-

Grimsby, Oldham, Southend.

Life can be so cruel.

Poor old Bury, 17 years in the top flight and 2 FA cup wins.  Football has many ups and downs .

Advert

1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

I don't buy into this we have over achieved even if we miss out on the play-offs.  We have been backed heavily with a really competitive budget, might be wrong but reckon top 7, certainly top 10, we then invested in January for the first time since Micky Adams was manager and paid money for the likes of Hall, Charsley and Hussey, not many teams could do things like that.  As I have said before next year will be even harder if we don't succeed and it could be that our budget even if it remains the same as this year might only be a mid table one.

With the budget and backing from the owners we would have underachieved to miss out on the play-offs. But then we have had a huge injury problem and of course Darrell himself has been on extended bereavement leave. So taking that into account we probably wouldn't have underachieved to miss out on the play-offs, perhaps eighth would be a fair effort in the circumstances (taking the season as a whole rather than from four games ago).

Over it now life goes on yesterday was poor something gone on at club maybe they can not afford go up and only have a league 2 budget and maybe the players were told they were not getting bonuses for finishing in top 3 .

Who knows whatever it is will come out if we do not get  in play offs .

We need one point or Sutton lose /draw if someone told me that at start of season I'd have thought you were bonkers a whole squad of new players mostly etc so in  light of that and last 3 giveaways other than that a ok season .

What annoyed me the most yesterday and last bank holiday Monday is that as a fan/follower  is that when folk turn up like they have been doing for BR and NC games there hasn't been the kind of performances needed to keep them coming back .

It's all so very disappointing and will hit season ticket sales for sure .

So Exeter last game is not just important on sat for play offs it's important for Vales long term future regarding future support .

We will have one more home game then someday 

Give the fans that at least .

UTV 

Exeter have been in the play offs three times in the last five seasons and finished 9th in the other two. It doesn’t always go right first time but keep the faith, run the club properly and Exeter have proved it’ll come right in the end. 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Over it now life goes on yesterday was poor something gone on at club maybe they can not afford go up and only have a league 2 budget and maybe the players were told they were not getting bonuses for finishing in top 3 .

Who knows whatever it is will come out if we do not get  in play offs .

We need one point or Sutton lose /draw if someone told me that at start of season I'd have thought you were bonkers a whole squad of new players mostly etc so in  light of that and last 3 giveaways other than that a ok season .

What annoyed me the most yesterday and last bank holiday Monday is that as a fan/follower  is that when folk turn up like they have been doing for BR and NC games there hasn't been the kind of performances needed to keep them coming back .

It's all so very disappointing and will hit season ticket sales for sure .

So Exeter last game is not just important on sat for play offs it's important for Vales long term future regarding future support .

We will have one more home game then someday 

Give the fans that at least .

UTV 

Random speculation like that in your first paragraph is not helpful. 

What a load of rubbish.

Guest Vale at home
17 hours ago, Hoppers said:

he has been reading this forum

Yes a am sure all vale fans are 10 hrs older . After yesterday . I am still upset . 

Guest Vale at home
Just now, Vale at home said:

Yes a am sure all vale fans are 10 hrs older . After yesterday . I am still upset . 

I mean 10 Years .older.  Yesterday . sorry . 

Carol and Kevin getting <ovf censored> what the <ovf censored> that all about

There was loads of so called fans there yesterday booing constantly moaning then when told shut up they just say I’ve paid my money I can have a say I’ve seen the big daft guy twice this season and both times he was the same complete cock 

Why say something like this when you dont know? maybe this maybe that

You need to look how much has been invested so far over the last few years to see that of course they can afford to go up,we have money coming into the club,,plus the extra you would get in league one with potential bigger away followings as well and also include not having to pay the scum dog any more money.

There are people behind the scenes who help out with certain things putting investment in,so for me we would have the finances to not be silly but be able to do well in the next league

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Why say something like this when you dont know? maybe this maybe that

You need to look how much has been invested so far over the last few years to see that of course they can afford to go up,we have money coming into the club,,plus the extra you would get in league one with potential bigger away followings as well and also include not having to pay the scum dog any more money.

There are people behind the scenes who help out with certain things putting investment in,so for me we would have the finances to not be silly but be able to do well in the next league

Well why have the team gone from 7/8 out 10 to 4/5 at best .

Or are they not very good  

I think the owners are great and having pay off blood sucker may have cost us promotion a promotion what was odds on 3 games ago till   the team let there standards slip to Crewe Alex standards etc 

UTV 

18 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

As somebody rightly said on Radio Joke, we pay a high price for Garrity’s goals. Especially when you saw the ease with which Newport, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Rochdale (to name but a few examples) have sliced through our midfield. 

The new Louis Dodds?? You want him in the team, just don’t know where??

I thought the comment from the guy in Boston USA was bang on the mark but without Pett in the side recently, Garrity has had to play deeper. For me Charley was man of the match yesterday but when he was substituted we lost all cohesion but as the chap from Boston also said, what does Taylor have to do to get in the side? How about Taylor in the middle with Gibbons on the left instead of Benning, Edmonson on the right with Worrall on the bench and putting Harratt up front with Proctor and Wilson sat on the hole with to support the attacks and ditch this horrendous defensive attitude but Connor Hall has to come back? Just an opinion of course?

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

You need to STFU with lies like this. Apologise and request a deletion.

Archived