onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

9 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

The team needs another overhaul, Worrall looks worn out, Hussey isn’t good enough, Gibbons is too injury prone, Jones is always out of position: we need a quick forward up front: I have supported the Vale for nearly60 years, it’s still my club and I will be there next season but at least it’s ours to cherish not defunct as it would have been under Norman:  just saying 

Worrall has been carrying an injury for weeks. In one of the RS interviews AC let slip that he's been getting regular injections in his hip.

I agree that we need forwards who can find the net a bit more often. Thing is, if you build play round them like Swindon have done with McKirdy, you suffer big time if they get injured. 

Advert

7 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Worrall has been carrying an injury for weeks. In one of the RS interviews AC let slip that he's been getting regular injections in his hip.

I agree that we need forwards who can find the net a bit more often. Thing is, if you build play round them like Swindon have done with McKirdy, you suffer big time if they get injured. 

I am fully aware of that, I was only talking to part of the physiotherapy team the other day but he isn’t a right back and tge pressure on him to deliver as a forward is reduced as is his impact is reduced and I am medically based and fully understand the consequences of overworking him biomechanilly as that is my professional job

8 minutes ago, Santa said:

Worrall’s injury is a chronic one he’s been managing for years. I think it may have finally caught up with him. 

100% agree. He has given his all and being an absolute warrior for us, clearly pushed himself to play through injuries when a lot of players would have sat on the sidelines. He does it because he's a true professional and we had no other fit players in that position. I feel for him, I really do. Watching him close up yesterday he clearly has restricted movement in his right hip.

I think its failing by the club in the 2nd part of this season. We have had no plan B or C. What to do when our WB's are playing poorly or we don't have a fully fit one to play in the position.

We got away with it for a few games but eventually it will catch up with you.

If anything he needed less defensive responsibilities not more. But it's been said a million times, everyone who has watched Woz over the years knows his strengths and weaknesses, and he doesn't fit the system. He would have got a higher goals and assists combined tally than Garrity in that position. oh well it'll never change so conceding at the back post and no crosses into the box it is until the summer.

28 minutes ago, MBE said:

100% agree. He has given his all and being an absolute warrior for us, clearly pushed himself to play through injuries when a lot of players would have sat on the sidelines. He does it because he's a true professional and we had no other fit players in that position. I feel for him, I really do. Watching him close up yesterday he clearly has restricted movement in his right hip.

I think its failing by the club in the 2nd part of this season. We have had no plan B or C. What to do when our WB's are playing poorly or we don't have a fully fit one to play in the position.

We got away with it for a few games but eventually it will catch up with you.

what we've been trying across the pitch have grown from short term plugs to long term accepted fill ins for absentees, and you can't do that when you come up against anyone who is above complete garbage.

To be honest its frustrating and disapointing, however at this mokent in time we are still in with a shout and also we havs come along way. This is a fairly new squad still. Vale Fans yes deaerve better but the damage done by the previous ownership is still in repair.

Up the Vale

To be honest its frustrating and disapointing, however at this mokent in time we are still in with a shout and also we havs come along way. This is a fairly new squad still. Vale Fans yes deaerve better but the damage done by the previous ownership is still in repair.

Up the Vale
To be fair and realistic, we have played some real stinkers throughout the season as a whole, some very good games also where no one could touch us and more than a few mediocre performances, as someone has previously mentioned "it's the hope that kills us". Anything could happen on Saturday and probably will!

22 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I guess if we're honest with ourselves, most of us i,f at the beginning of the season,we'd been offered the chance to be in one of the potential play-off positions, I think we would have jumped at the offer!

I think most thought we were top 3 contenders with the manager, and the injury-free squad list. and we would have been. Just having between 50-70% of your starters on average has cost us. I honestly would have gambled a playoff place because that squad on paper is good enough. No way do Northampton have a Pett, Walker, Conlon midfield 3 like we do, but the fact is actually we don't have them, because they will never ever play game in, game out for the entire season like they would have to for promotion.

6 minutes ago, 1 said:

I think most thought we were top 3 contenders with the manager, and the injury-free squad list. and we would have been. Just having between 50-70% of your starters on average has cost us. I honestly would have gambled a playoff place because that squad on paper is good enough. No way do Northampton have a Pett, Walker, Conlon midfield 3 like we do, but the fact is actually we don't have them, because they will never ever play game in, game out for the entire season like they would have to for promotion.

Easy with hindsight I suppose, but I can still honestly say that I would have settled for the play-offs after all the upheaval and bad things that have happened to us over the previous seasons!

14 minutes ago, smada said:
29 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

Up the Vale

To be fair and realistic, we have played some real stinkers throughout the season as a whole, some very good games also where no one could touch us and more than a few mediocre performances, as someone has previously mentioned "it's the hope that kills us". Anything could happen on Saturday and probably will!

"ANYTHING" doesn't just mean bad things--it literally means anything--so hope for a good outcome!

For me this league will be even more competive next year and touger to get out of, Wimbledon, Doncaster and Gillingham are all decent sized clubs at this level and will likely be up there, you could have money bags Stockport and Wrexham in the league, I know money doesn't mean everything but gives you a great chance to succeed.  Mark Hughes has not gone to Bradford without any assurances of a big budget, Crawley been taken over by American owners who have promised money, then the likes of Orient, Tranmere, Salford, Newport who will be very competitive not to mention those teams who miss out in the play-offs like Bristol, Swindon and Mansfield.  This for me could be the best chance we have in years and while I trust everything Carol, Darrell and Flitcroft are doing, this could be a much harder league next year.

Archived