onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Things went wrong immediately - think my first game was a 4-0 loss.

Was gutted for my Grandad more than anything today; doesn't get to come that often anymore and wish he could enjoy some success.

A bit of perspective - missing out on promotion wouldn’t be anywhere near the worst thing that’s happened to our manager this year. 

I'm 25. Been going since I was 4-5. 21 seasons.
I've seen:
  • 1 promotion (only top 6 finish in 30 years)
  • A goal in a defeat against Spurs
  • A goal in a heavy defeat against Man City
  • A PaintPot Trophy Victory against Stoke U18s or whatever it was
And:
  • 2 relegations
  • 2 adminstrations
  • 2 protest movements
  • 3 dodgy owners (if Ryder is included)
  • 2 painful near misses (04/05 Swindon/Hartlepool fiasco + COVID 8th place)
  • Stoke in Europe, FA Cup Final, decade in the Prem
  • 3 relegation battles into non-league
  • Joint-lowest finish in club's history
  • Probable longest stay in the bottom tier since since 1946-54
  • Defeats to Chasetown + Kings Lynn
  • This bottle
For all those saying 'roll with the highs and lows' please tell me when the highs will begin? It's getting a bit tedious. I keep being told 'next year', and then something bad happens in the 'next year'. I've been 'getting behind the lads' for 20 years now from Carlisle to Torquay, when will it start to work it's magic?
I'm a cynical/pessimistic/miserable Vale fan because of all of the above, and today feels like a predictably natural continuation. 'Not being Oldham' isn't really a consolation when Bournemouth are in the Premier League, tbh.
Get u sen down stoke. Don't need Fans like you.

I take it there is no hope of seeing Brad Walker for the remainder of the season and playoffs? Really crying out for someone like him in the midfield I felt today.

Didn’t really get the decision to sub Charsley today. Thought he was hitting his stride second half and rather than Harratt I’d have been looking at Edmondson if going to the three up top, he offers more for me all round than Harratt does.

2 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Go down stoke if you ain't happy. Can't be doing with fans like you.

Idiotic post, people surely have a right to be unhappy and frustrated on here after chucking the best chance away we might get, League 2 next season will be even harder to get out of trust me.  Just out of interest what was your take on the game today.

3 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

I take it there is no hope of seeing Brad Walker for the remainder of the season and playoffs? Really crying out for someone like him in the midfield I felt today.

Didn’t really get the decision to sub Charsley today. Thought he was hitting his stride second half and rather than Harratt I’d have been looking at Edmondson if going to the three up top, he offers more for me all round than Harratt does.

Not heard anything of Brad, strange how Jones has dropped off the map again as well.

7 minutes ago, rob1983 said:
34 minutes ago, Joe B said:
I'm 25. Been going since I was 4-5. 21 seasons.
I've seen:
  • 1 promotion (only top 6 finish in 30 years)
  • A goal in a defeat against Spurs
  • A goal in a heavy defeat against Man City
  • A PaintPot Trophy Victory against Stoke U18s or whatever it was
And:
  • 2 relegations
  • 2 adminstrations
  • 2 protest movements
  • 3 dodgy owners (if Ryder is included)
  • 2 painful near misses (04/05 Swindon/Hartlepool fiasco + COVID 8th place)
  • Stoke in Europe, FA Cup Final, decade in the Prem
  • 3 relegation battles into non-league
  • Joint-lowest finish in club's history
  • Probable longest stay in the bottom tier since since 1946-54
  • Defeats to Chasetown + Kings Lynn
  • This bottle
For all those saying 'roll with the highs and lows' please tell me when the highs will begin? It's getting a bit tedious. I keep being told 'next year', and then something bad happens in the 'next year'. I've been 'getting behind the lads' for 20 years now from Carlisle to Torquay, when will it start to work it's magic?
I'm a cynical/pessimistic/miserable Vale fan because of all of the above, and today feels like a predictably natural continuation. 'Not being Oldham' isn't really a consolation when Bournemouth are in the Premier League, tbh.

Get u sen down stoke. Don't need Fans like you.

What a joker. I’ve spent many many hours this season travelling to vale games, queueing up for tickets, and have spent hundreds of pounds on supporting Vale. Joe and other fans like myself are entitled to be a bit miffed about the crap Vale fans have had to endure over the last two decades.

36 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Like I get the 'embrace the rollercoaster' line if you went in the 90s, drawing at Anfield, Goodison, Highbury, playing in the 2nd tier, playing against (let alone beating!) Stoke regularly, promotions, top-quality footballers, big crowds, big games. Today and the last few years feel like a dip after a massive high. 

For us, there has been a very brief peak in 2013, but even that was under a Chairman who 5 years later would laugh about the prospect of liquidating us.

I'm not a Vale fan because I demand success, or because I think we're entitled to it, but Christ it would be lovely to have a year where I feel happy in May.

Joe, after the Colchester game you’d given up on the season and wrote 

“Can’t be bothered, I’m sick of getting it right every season. Keeps happening. I predict it will go wrong, I get stick, and then it goes wrong.”

Try being more positive, predict it won’t go wrong for a change and you never know!!  You sound like the soothsayer in “Up Pompei” - woe, woe and thrice woe!!

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Joe, after the Colchester game you’d given up on the season and wrote 

“Can’t be bothered, I’m sick of getting it right every season. Keeps happening. I predict it will go wrong, I get stick, and then it goes wrong.”

Try being more positive, predict it won’t go wrong for a change and you never know!!  You sound like the soothsayer in “Up Pompei” - woe, woe and thrice woe!!

It's gone wrong in a way I couldn't even have imagined - the club managed to give me hope, the selfish -------!

Just conditioned to expecting the worse - think if I retained optimism days like today would be doubly crushing. I was fairly gutted at the final whistle having half-anticipated today.

It's weird - my girlfriend thinks I'm overly optimistic in life, but specifically with Vale I'm just waiting for the inevitable balls up which I've become accustomed to. Eventually Vale will prove me wrong.

Archived