onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

FFS, bugger-off and support Stoke or one of the Manchester clubs.

Stockport or Oldham? Or wait for Bury to get their act together?

Advert

COVID-19 has doomed me to watching Vale live for the rest of my life and not being able to go to Liverpool a few games a season because the security measures have changed and I can't buy up a spare game now and again when someone can't attend. So we need to get better soon please because I am also getting old. At 23 you have circa 50 years for them to get it right, at 63 about 10 years, maybe 20 with luck. 

3 hours ago, toyahw said:

Funny that he won player of the season when we were in .... L1

A young lad playing with his heart on his sleeve then.

Still does now but an awful footballer when has the ball out wide and is expected to help create forward play.

Has to be a center back and nowhere else for me.

13 minutes ago, Warren said:

I thought Hussey did OK first half. He was up against some power down their right and won a fair share of headers. Going forward he is very left footed and so careful with the ball it all can go slow and become a cul-de-sac. But instead of shifting the ball quickly through midfield to the right we shifted it to midfield and backwards. Meanwhile we didn't get enough people in the box. I can't say about his second half because I am watching him from 70 yards away. 

I agree he won some good headers, but obviously he played a part for their first goal and I felt his delivery was awful, especially in the first half. Usually at the least we can rely on that aspect of his game. 

7 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Don’t see how you can argue with any of that mate. I’ll always go Vale till the day I die, but it hasn’t half been a <ovf censored> life supporting our club so far for people like us.

how do you think the 30/40/50/60/70/80/90+ year olds feel

16 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'm 25. Been going since I was 4-5. 21 seasons.

I've seen:

• 1 promotion (only top 6 finish in 30 years)
  • A goal in a defeat against Spurs
  • A goal in a heavy defeat against Man City
  • A PaintPot Trophy Victory against Stoke U18s or whatever it was

And:

• 2 relegations
  • 2 adminstrations
  • 2 protest movements
  • 3 dodgy owners (if Ryder is included)
  • 2 painful near misses (04/05 Swindon/Hartlepool fiasco + COVID 8th place)
  • Stoke in Europe, FA Cup Final, decade in the Prem
  • 3 relegation battles into non-league
  • Joint-lowest finish in club's history
  • Probable longest stay in the bottom tier since since 1946-54
  • Defeats to Chasetown + Kings Lynn
  • This bottle

For all those saying 'roll with the highs and lows' please tell me when the highs will begin? It's getting a bit tedious. I keep being told 'next year', and then something bad happens in the 'next year'. I've been 'getting behind the lads' for 20 years now from Carlisle to Torquay, when will it start to work it's magic?

I'm a cynical/pessimistic/miserable Vale fan because of all of the above, and today feels like a predictably natural continuation. 'Not being Oldham' isn't really a consolation when Bournemouth are in the Premier League, tbh.

I’ve said this before Joe but we were a decent team before you started supporting us!

Just now, Sandyford_Lion said:

A young lad playing with his heart on his sleeve then.

Still does now but an awful footballer when has the ball out wide and is expected to help create forward play.

Has to be a center back and nowhere else for me.

He either needs to play in the centre instead of Martin or he plays as a centre in a flat back 4. He struggles when playing wide in a 3 and asking him to distribute the ball to start attacks off. Cass was the ideal one. We cant blame it all on Smith though. The midfield have been poor these last few games and havent excatly got a foot on the ball and made things happen. All in all a very sad end to the season.

Just now, Jacko51 said:

I’ve said this before Joe but we were a decent team before you started supporting us!

Things went wrong immediately - think my first game was a 4-0 loss.

Was gutted for my Grandad more than anything today; doesn't get to come that often anymore and wish he could enjoy some success.

5 minutes ago, 1 said:

Hussey has gone bald and Garrity has grey hair now. I swear that wasn’t the case at Hartlepool. It’s been a stressful time for all since then.

Hussey is becoming an old man in front of our eyes. What happened to the dynamic young (at heart) left back we signed only a few months ago?

Archived