onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert

6 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Bloody toxic on here and those boo boys at the game can  all **** off to Stoke..Disgraceful .Not needed at the Vale.

Vale fans no different to any other fans of teams up and down the country who when results don't go their way show it.  We had one promotion in 29 years and no other play-offs during that time.  We have for me been very loyal throughout these 3 decades and nothing to show for it, we worked so hard to get into this position, not surprising people are frustrated.

This might be a wild comparison but this vale team kind of remind me of the england team at the Russia world cup.

I remember being filled with joy at that england team, they did better than expected, but folded when it counts. Also the 3-5-2, difficulty breaking down teams, try to play a pressing game, ocassionally akward in possesion etc...

Anyway despite all that I still have faith. We seem to be a streaky team. We go on runs of winning or losing. It might suit us being even more of an underdog at exeter. We seem to be better when we expect nothing.

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Thought about the game a bit more and I still feel utterly depressed. In my entire life of watching Vale, which is over 20 years, I’ve seen one promotion. I’m sick of being a laughing stock.

I’m exactly the same and I thought after a few hours I would’ve calmed down but I still feel like this. I was thinking to myself this morning, please vale just win we don’t ask for a lot and we certainly haven’t had a lot over these last twenty years. But once again they let us down. I can take not going up if we had finished 12th or whatever but when we’re 5 points clear with four games to go this has been one of the lowest points of supporting vale in a strange way these last few games. The walsall game will always stick in my mind as the one where we blew it. Had we not turned in that performance im certain we would’ve beat Newport today and done the job. The Walsall defeat was the time I thought we aren’t going to do this now. This was a huge chance to get promoted i doubt we will get a better chance. Totally let down. 

19 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Thought about the game a bit more and I still feel utterly depressed. In my entire life of watching Vale, which is over 20 years, I’ve seen one promotion. I’m sick of being a laughing stock.

I'm 36. My first game was in 93/94 so I was a bit young to really enjoy/understand the promotion when we won at Brighton on the last day.

In 27 years since I've seen...

Couple of cup runs in the early days, few wins against Stoke over 20 years back & 1 x promotion. Never even seen us in the playoffs. It's absolutely shocking really ain't it. Talk about starved. If we miss out on the playoffs next week it will be a massive kick in the teeth for all Vale fans, but specifically those of my generation, who have been deprived of any real success in going on for 30 years.

There's a very real chance we now lose our last 4 games of the season following on from winning 9 from 10. From our last 4 x games, 1 point would've seen us in the playoffs & 6 would've probably seen us up automatically. It's truly incredible stuff. I'd love to say you couldn't script it, but with the Vale, you can. The only club who could do something so ridiculous. We're a laughing stock.

Only two teams have done the double over us 

Newport and Walsall 

Neither are anywhere near the playoffs so it kinds of sums up the What If end to the season 

I do think we've made progress and am bitterly disappointed but life goes on 

I never ever boo my team but I left at the end.

No lap of honour applause following that performance 

6 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Only two teams have done the double over us 

Newport and Walsall 

Neither are anywhere near the playoffs so it kinds of sums up the What If end to the season 

I do think we've made progress and am bitterly disappointed but life goes on 

I never ever boo my team but I left at the end.

No lap of honour applause following that performance 

I was the same I’ll never boo my team like some of the <ovf censored> that we’re there  but I left aswell if I had known carol was going walk round I would of stayed 

19 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I'm 36. My first game was in 93/94 so I was a bit young to really enjoy/understand the promotion when we won at Brighton on the last day.

In 27 years since I've seen...

Couple of cup runs in the early days, few wins against Stoke over 20 years back & 1 x promotion. Never even seen us in the playoffs. It's absolutely shocking really ain't it. Talk about starved. If we miss out on the playoffs next week it will be a massive kick in the teeth for all Vale fans, but specifically those of my generation, who have been deprived of any real success in going on for 30 years.

There's a very real chance we now lose our last 4 games of the season following on from winning 9 from 10. From our last 4 x games, 1 point would've seen us in the playoffs & 6 would've probably seen us up automatically. It's truly incredible stuff. I'd love to say you couldn't script it, but with the Vale, you can. The only club who could do something so ridiculous. We're a laughing stock.

Remember the same happened last year. From nowhere we had an upturn in form and won like 8 on the spin and a. Unlikely shot at the play-offs before a similar collapse in form (I recall Mansfield spanked us good and proper at home) cost us. Seems a bit of a trend.

Also, nothing to do with today but it occurred to me after last week, DC’s record against his former clubs has been, let’s say, patchy.

Archived