onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

My word even by port vale standards and believe me I’ve been attending long enough to be regularly let down by the vale , today snd the last 2 games probably tops it

One positive for me is that the club will go forward again next season I genuinely believe that with the infrastructure we have in place and of course with Carol and Kevin in charge and slugworth paid off

This season we are just a bit short , yes we can blame injuries , covid and an unprecedented situation with the manager but as other people have said ww are not good enough

This last few weeks has done me in and I’m ready for a break , I don’t think I can stomach more misery in the play offs

It’s the hope that kills you

Advert

2 hours ago, PortVale4Life said:

He wasn’t that bad was he. How many actual goals were his fault. He’s been no worse than the other January signings other than hall

He is painfully too slow with his distribution and fails to command his area on corners/ free kicks.

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Cremonese. 18 games. Played 14 minutes. Get him back. At least he runs at the defence unlike this herd of donkeys tepidly passing it sideways 2 or 3 times before it gets rolled back to Stone. At one point in the first half we were so deep even our number <ovf censored> 9 was forced to play a backpass to the keeper. I could have screamed.

As I said earlier, I dont think we have seen the last of Dennis

I do agree with people on reflection that it seems odd that Covalan gets frozen out for two dire errors, yet there are guys who have been dire for months getting into the starting 11. 

Crosby isn’t a great manager and I feel  had Clarke not been hit by such tragedy, we would have been over the line. He has overseen too many utterly ineffectual performances. Yes, when he gets it right we look good, but when it is bad, there is no plan B. 

We also have a squad full of too many “nice boys”. James Wilson undoubtedly has skill, but he was so intimidated by a rough Newport team who gave our players some right grief. Worrall was effectively kicked and dragged off the pitch at one stage. 

37 minutes ago, MBE said:

The most disappointing thing about today is the lack of reaction from our players when we go a goal down. No reaction at all to the opener, players walking around not closing down, no fight, grit or determination to get a foothold into the game and start playing.

It has basically taken a bollocking at halftime when the players were sent out very very early to get going for short spell until they conceded, again with no reaction. Where is the charecter? Can you imagine Bristol Rovers, Exteter, Mansfield or Northampton doing that? No me neither. Our lot just felt sorry for ourselves.

We have now lost 3 on spin, 2 against teams with absolutely <ovf censored> all to play for and they have shown more spirit, desire,aggression and have out worked us. <ovf censored> SHAMEFUL.

If we do make the playoffs I really don't see how we will progress any further.

The matrix needs to review its personality of people preference. I want to see a horrible bastard in the defence and midfield next season, someone who is going to smash people and dig players out when they go hiding.

We are a mentally weak team, without no No.1 GK, We don't have a player who can dribble and beat a man from midfield to make things happen and desperately lack pace. These areas will need to be addressed if we want to  finish higher than 8th!!!

Some big calls will be need in the summer to REFRESH this squad.

Does Andy Porter have children? Any sex will do as long as they have Dad's dna

without 2 of the 3 in midfield we don’t have what it takes. Hall back, Pett getting fitter and Gibbo using the Exeter game to prep for 60+ in the playoffs, and there’s an outside chance of scoring the odd goal. But Charsley is a last 10 min sub for a tiring first teamer, not the creative heart and engine he’s being asked to be. The bits Garrity was doing early doors that endeared him to fans has just completely gone now. It’s been a long season but it’ll be the same next season unless DC can chop and change like a mofo and undo some of the dud-2yearers.

What a shame that we have not been able to shape a defence out of Cass, Jones, Hall, Smith and Martin - play all of those in their correct positions across the back and we have a formidable defensive line up that has attacking options. Having said that, I dont see why all the hates for Hussey and Benning.

Damn we have come so close - but we have put some great performances away from home, its deffo not over yet.

Lets all have a onevalefan group huddle/cuddle at the back of the Hamil next Sat 😍😍😍

2 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Crosby isn’t a great manager and I feel  had Clarke not been hit by such tragedy, we would have been over the line.

But he never said he was and has been put in an awful position not of anyones choosing - but I agree that the DC would have probs seen us over the line - but playoffs are in our hands - one last push

1 minute ago, Hoppers said:

What a shame that we have not been able to shape a defence out of Cass, Jones, Hall, Smith and Martin - play all of those in their correct positions across the back and we have a formidable defensive line up that has attacking options. Having said that, I dont see why all the hates for Hussey and Benning.

Damn we have come so close - but we have put some great performances away from home, its deffo not over yet.

Lets all have a onevalefan group huddle/cuddle at the back of the Hamil next Sat 😍😍😍

It's not hate for Hussey and Benning at all but they are just shagged out journeymen.

Archived