onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Funny that he won player of the season when we were in .... L1

He won our player of the season in a team that went down, I very much doubt that we have turned down offers from League 1 teams throughout the 5 years of been down at League 2.  I like Smith but not in that position we play him in and don't feel he is better than this league.

Advert

I'm not pointing the finger at any player in particular its a collective balls up .

Good job there's more important things in life than a bag of wind .

If we finish out the top 7 which looks likely now would people say we have had a good season .

I'll Start No 

Not at all it's another league 2 campaign with awayteamsbringing 318 and beating us .

Jokers 

Ok calmed down a bit now 

I get the idea that we shouldn’t criticise too much, it’s been a difficult season with injuries and the DC situation etc The club is finally being well run with owners that care 

But with needing 2 wins from 4 games, in a great run of form at the time - just for once Vale in all the years I have supported you - could you just not cock it up as you usually do ? 

doesn’t seem to matter who plays for us, which season it is - always make it difficult 

oh well- let’s see what next Saturday brings 

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:
4 minutes ago, JSValiant said:
Exactly a Totally Bottle Job.
I have supported Vale for nearly 60 years and I don’t think I have ever felt so annoyed and disappointed.
The only time the club has ever amounted to anything was during the Rudge Era, apart from that, not a lot, then we have a chance to get out of this League 2 and we throw it away. 
A lot of fans praise the set up at Vale with the Director of Football etc but the Facts are Sutton United with ex Vale Rejects like Richie Bennett and Donavan Wilson have had a Better Season than us.
Swindon managed to get Harry Mckirdy to score 15 or so goals.
The facts are there and were Mansfield Fans wrong about Flitcroft ?
League2 will be a lot tougher next season and I certainly wouldn’t put a lot of money on Vale for Promotion!

I can't see how the blame can be levelled at Flitcroft here. There's been a few misses but i would say 80% of the signings have been hits.

3 Poor Goalkeepers to start with. Not to mention Hussey, Benning, Johnson, Cooper etc. 
Mind you he did say Trust The Process !

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:
4 minutes ago, JSValiant said:
I have supported Vale for nearly 60 years and I don’t think I have ever felt so annoyed and disappointed.
The only time the club has ever amounted to anything was during the Rudge Era, apart from that, not a lot, then we have a chance to get out of this League 2 and we throw it away. 
A lot of fans praise the set up at Vale with the Director of Football etc but the Facts are Sutton United with ex Vale Rejects like Richie Bennett and Donavan Wilson have had a Better Season than us.
League2 will be a lot tougher next season and I certainly wouldn’t put a lot of money on Vale for Promotion!

I can't see how the blame can be levelled at Flitcroft here. There's been a few misses but i would say 80% of the signings have been hits.

Lucas and stone arent poor, lucas is more than capable of being a top end l2 keeper he just has moments of madness. Stone isn't ready to be a number 1 but he will be a good keeper. Johnson he turned a free signing into an income for the club.

Realistically, I'd personally say Holy, Cooper, Hussey and Harratt have been real disapointments. Thats 4 out of 20+ signings this season

17 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Lornelounger I agree with a lot of your comments 

I haven't gone overboard,simply said our bigger more experienced players such as Proctor,Wozza and Hussey were poor today 

I think it's the nature of the defeat. We've lost without a whimper in the last 2 games against teams with nothing to play for other than pride,contracts...whatever they have to.

I really think this has been our best chance to get out of the division this season,that's what has been my main gripe

Yes, they were DazFred,  I can't work out why, having watched them a lot. One slip from Hussey and we're a goal down, and it really affected his play. His confidence seemed very low. And I agree with what you say with the nature of the defeat.  But I think we can all be furious without resorting to the attacks that are going on in this forum (cue the post that says "we're all entitled to an opinion" - this is just mine.).  I agree that this has been our best chance to get promoted.  I'm not a betting man, but for the first time in my life I put money on the Vale to go up this season. So I am very fed up that we "just" had to win two games to guarantee it, because you dream of being in that position at the start of the season. I'm obviously losing the ability to spit my dummy out of the pram when things don't go my way.  Should I be worried do you think?  Shall I post something along the lines that I can't believe Covolan hasn't been given an honorary knighthood for his services to maintaining Vale fans' high blood pressure?

Just got in and to say I'm dissapointed is an understatement. I've not missed a home game and been 18 away games this season and we've bottled the last 3 games no if's but's or maybe's, brill season and to be so close and yet end up so far away makes it even worse. I will be at Exeter and as usual be 100% behind the team its just a pitty it couldn't be replicated by the team.

We're too predictable in our lineup. Same formation time after time. We keep playing Smith and worrall in unnatural positions. Smith is a centre back full stop he is not supposed to be a ball player. He even indicated at a free kick he is not supposed to be doing this! Unlucky with injuries especially the midfield but why take Charsley off to put Wilson back there. Very disappointed but not surprised. I know DC started this formation but he had the ability to change it. Sadly I think we've missed our leader.

20 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
23 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

I would say over half are not good enough, our best defender and midfielder are 2 of the very few here before Flitcroft and DC arrived. 

7 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

3 Poor Goalkeepers to start with. Not to mention Hussey, Benning, Johnson, Cooper etc. 
Mind you he did say Trust The Process !

The process has largely been ok.  If you turn over that many players you need a bit of luck with the recruitment.  Could we have better players? Maybe, but many could’ve turned out worse.  I still think injuries, and the timing of them, have been the single the biggest factor.

If I have a problem with the process it’s that we needed at least one more “recognised” striker from day one.  I’d also say overall we’re a bit slow and too “nice”.

3 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

Just got in and to say I'm dissapointed is an understatement. I've not missed a home game and been 18 away games this season and we've bottled the last 3 games no if's but's or maybe's, brill season and to be so close and yet end up so far away makes it even worse. I will be at Exeter and as usual be 100% behind the team its just a pitty it couldn't be replicated by the team.

Well done Paul, if only the players were as loyal and cared as much as you do!

We are all annoyed tonight but lets just look at the DC situation and what he has gone through,family is far more important than any football match,plenty of people have passed away throughout this season,so i am trying to stay focussed on the important things in life. Those who stayed behind must of seen right at the end how DC went into a huddle with his family hugging them all,i am honest here and i had a tear in my eye

Whatever  league we are in next season i will still be there,i have really enjoyed the majority of this season,lets just back them now and try to stay in the playoffs and then when all said and done anything can happen

Onwards and Upwards

9 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Yes, they were DazFred,  I can't work out why, having watched them a lot. One slip from Hussey and we're a goal down, and it really affected his play. His confidence seemed very low. And I agree with what you say with the nature of the defeat.  But I think we can all be furious without resorting to the attacks that are going on in this forum (cue the post that says "we're all entitled to an opinion" - this is just mine.).  I agree that this has been our best chance to get promoted.  I'm not a betting man, but for the first time in my life I put money on the Vale to go up this season. So I am very fed up that we "just" had to win two games to guarantee it, because you dream of being in that position at the start of the season. I'm obviously losing the ability to spit my dummy out of the pram when things don't go my way.  Should I be worried do you think?  Shall I post something along the lines that I can't believe Covolan hasn't been given an honorary knighthood for his services to maintaining Vale fans' high blood pressure?

Ha ha 

A sense of humour is the way forward! 

I started going to Vale in the 70s,then regularly in the 80s till the 2000s. A few seasons off due to childcare then started bringing my son in 2009 till Riberios disaster season.

Came to the first 2 games this season and we've only missed 6 home games since.

It's been much more enjoyable and I'm sad we've fallen just short. 

A fit Conlon,Proctor and Wilson all season  and I think we'd have done in.

However life goes on.

It's the ups and downs of being a Vale fan

41 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Theres an element of truth in that and also and I know it's like shooting Bambi, but Crosby strikes me as a good coach but I think he falls short as a manager especially when it comes to tactics and substitutions.

Starting the same team bar hall/hussey and same formation as Walsall says it all really 

Archived