onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Lornelounger said:

Well, we're all getting a lot off our chests tonight aren't we?  Slagging off players who took us to third place not long ago, and who, if I read the forum right after Hartlepool, Salford, Oldham, were definitely going to get us promoted. No one is more gutted than me at todays abject display, but our readiness to turn all dirty guts after that game speaks volumes.  Some of you need to give your head a wiggle. X is crap, Y is garbage, Z has never been any good, A is too slow, B is out of position... Really?  I mean really? How fickle are you? This is the squad which lost its captain and playmaker many games back, just lost its best defender today of all days, and yes, they played like scared rabbits.  And yes I'm massively frustrated, and yes I hate it when we're on the telly because we usually tank, and yes it always happens when a large crowd turns up.  But can we count to ten and then make sensible reasoned comments before we trash players who have done well to get us where we are?  And can we make up our minds about the January transfer window?  One week it's a masterstroke of creative genius from our beloved DoF, the next week it's a wasted opportunity to buy Lionel Messi.  Hello?

Maybe they are playing with injuries, maybe they are not good enough, maybe Crosby got the subs wrong, maybe no-one will die in Ukraine today.  Keep some perspective. I just wish we could hang on to common sense after a bitterly disappointing performance and not just go for our pet hate's throat to make ourselves feel better.  Perhaps Nathan Smith is not a ball player, perhaps Worral's best days are behind him, but can we doubt that they have been on balance good players for the Vale - especially when the chips were down in our relegation struggles?  When we needed our neck saving with a dire chairman and might have become a non- league team?  There are a lot of people stamping their foot on here tonight saying "I want promotion now or it's not fair and the team are bottlers and a pile of crap".  Well welcome to the real world - sometimes we lose, you don't get what you want, and you support a team that play like a team of strangers. Welcome to the Vale. It is enormously annoying, and I am furious at today's result given what was at stake, but I do not subscribe to the player assassination going on here. Really sad that so may fans have turned on the team in this way, even when we were abject. We're all frustrated.  But get your heads up, for pity's sake. It's a long shot, but we might yet make the playoffs. That would be good, wouldn't it, after the trials and tribulations we have had this season? And we might lose in the playoffs as well. 

Had Stone palmed away their first goal, and someone blocked the shot for the second one (which was a very good goal I thought, damn them) and we had scraped home 1- 0 having played dreadfully, we would be lionising our players tonight for "digging out a result when not playing well".  But we were awful, and lost, and we are all gutted. So it's open season for "who shall I hate today for ruining my dreams".  It's all ifs, buts and maybes, but does anyone really think any of those players today got out of bed with the express view of playing like Mary Berry with a sore toe? I think they will al be very disappointed, as will the management and Carol. Time to get behind our team - one game to play.

8 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😍😍😍😍😍

Lornelounger I agree with a lot of your comments 

I haven't gone overboard,simply said our bigger more experienced players such as Proctor,Wozza and Hussey were poor today 

I think it's the nature of the defeat. We've lost without a whimper in the last 2 games against teams with nothing to play for other than pride,contracts...whatever they have to.

I really think this has been our best chance to get out of the division this season,that's what has been my main gripe

Advert

3 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Well, we're all getting a lot off our chests tonight aren't we?  Slagging off players who took us to third place not long ago, and who, if I read the forum right after Hartlepool, Salford, Oldham, were definitely going to get us promoted. No one is more gutted than me at todays abject display, but our readiness to turn all dirty guts after that game speaks volumes.  Some of you need to give your head a wiggle. X is crap, Y is garbage, Z has never been any good, A is too slow, B is out of position... Really?  I mean really? How fickle are you? This is the squad which lost its captain and playmaker many games back, just lost its best defender today of all days, and yes, they played like scared rabbits.  And yes I'm massively frustrated, and yes I hate it when we're on the telly because we usually tank, and yes it always happens when a large crowd turns up.  But can we count to ten and then make sensible reasoned comments before we trash players who have done well to get us where we are?  And can we make up our minds about the January transfer window?  One week it's a masterstroke of creative genius from our beloved DoF, the next week it's a wasted opportunity to buy Lionel Messi.  Hello?

Maybe they are playing with injuries, maybe they are not good enough, maybe Crosby got the subs wrong, maybe no-one will die in Ukraine today.  Keep some perspective. I just wish we could hang on to common sense after a bitterly disappointing performance and not just go for our pet hate's throat to make ourselves feel better.  Perhaps Nathan Smith is not a ball player, perhaps Worral's best days are behind him, but can we doubt that they have been on balance good players for the Vale - especially when the chips were down in our relegation struggles?  When we needed our neck saving with a dire chairman and might have become a non- league team?  There are a lot of people stamping their foot on here tonight saying "I want promotion now or it's not fair and the team are bottlers and a pile of crap".  Well welcome to the real world - sometimes we lose, you don't get what you want, and you support a team that play like a team of strangers. Welcome to the Vale. It is enormously annoying, and I am furious at today's result given what was at stake, but I do not subscribe to the player assassination going on here. Really sad that so may fans have turned on the team in this way, even when we were abject. We're all frustrated.  But get your heads up, for pity's sake. It's a long shot, but we might yet make the playoffs. That would be good, wouldn't it, after the trials and tribulations we have had this season? And we might lose in the playoffs as well. 

Had Stone palmed away their first goal, and someone blocked the shot for the second one (which was a very good goal I thought, damn them) and we had scraped home 1- 0 having played dreadfully, we would be lionising our players tonight for "digging out a result when not playing well".  But we were awful, and lost, and we are all gutted. So it's open season for "who shall I hate today for ruining my dreams".  It's all ifs, buts and maybes, but does anyone really think any of those players today got out of bed with the express view of playing like Mary Berry with a sore toe? I think they will al be very disappointed, as will the management and Carol. Time to get behind our team - one game to play.

Here's an idea. Let's take the failure on the chin, close the forum and all have a Horlicks and go to bed. I think I will , night night. 😌 

we have lost the three most creative players we have had for ages - Conlon, Cass and Den Den Den Den Den Den.....Dennis Politic. The teams forward directive was built for and driven by Cass and Conlon - Walker/Pett are holding midfielders - horses for courses.
Lets hope Lewis is signed close season, it would also be nice to sign one of Edmonson/ Harratt. And I dont think we have seen the last of Politic.
You have all been on slagging off the usual suspects - im not one for this, however........ what has happened to big Jamie, he hasnt seen to be in the least bit arsed since his wonder goal - wonder if he is signed somewhere and is off
I would be running a mile from Harratt. Definition of a headless chicken, mistake after mistake and constantly offside. Baring Mansfield hes done very little to make me want to sign him up again.

Edmundson is alright, if hes cheap enough I'd have him.

3 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

A very good post 👏

Whenever I hear a player (in this case Hussey) bigging himself up in the lead up to a match, he always ends up looking like a right clown in the match itself. 

I've seen it time and time and time again over the years. I wish they'd keep their mouths shut to the media and concentrate on doing their talking on the pitch. 

I can't believe how poor we've been today. Newport should have scored five today. 

7 minutes ago, Old fort said:

How could  those responsible get the next three games so wrong?  Abject failure by all concerned, in front of amazing support. No excuses!

Exactly a Totally Bottle Job.

I have supported Vale for nearly 60 years and I don’t think I have ever felt so annoyed and disappointed.

The only time the club has ever amounted to anything was during the Rudge Era, apart from that, not a lot, then we have a chance to get out of this League 2 and we throw it away. 
A lot of fans praise the set up at Vale with the Director of Football etc but the Facts are Sutton United with ex Vale Rejects like Richie Bennett and Donavan Wilson have had a Better Season than us.

Swindon managed to get Harry Mckirdy to score 15 or so goals.

The facts are there and were Mansfield Fans wrong about Flitcroft ?
League2 will be a lot tougher next season and I certainly wouldn’t put a lot of money on Vale for Promotion!

I have supported Vale for nearly 60 years and I don’t think I have ever felt so annoyed and disappointed.
The only time the club has ever amounted to anything was during the Rudge Era, apart from that, not a lot, then we have a chance to get out of this League 2 and we throw it away. 
A lot of fans praise the set up at Vale with the Director of Football etc but the Facts are Sutton United with ex Vale Rejects like Richie Bennett and Donavan Wilson have had a Better Season than us.
League2 will be a lot tougher next season and I certainly wouldn’t put a lot of money on Vale for Promotion!

I can't see how the blame can be levelled at Flitcroft here. There's been a few misses but i would say 80% of the signings have been hits.

A few points to note:

1. I didnt think the players seemed to down at the final whistle. They seemed pretty care-free in fact. 

2. This seems very minor, but also very telling of attitudes... the drill the players do before the second half with some cones on the touchline; a handful didnt do it properly. If they can't be arsed to do a three second drill properly, when it's obviously done with a purpose, you have to question their current passion. 

Something has changed in the last few weeks. 

Also, both Sutton and Swindon have DoF's

Putting aside the fact we haven’t gone up automatically yet…… we’re going into the last game of the season with the chance to either finish in the play offs or go up automatically and people are moaning about Flitcroft and Smith as being the issues. Just another case of the post match lashing at someone to blame.

To top it off we get the body language experts on telling us that the players looked like they didn’t care at the end and they weren’t doing warm ups properly. Complete rubbish. 

Well today we played like a damp squib. We didn't seem defensively organised and lacked some controlled aggression. Couldn't pass for toffee and they gave us a lesson in picking out front men and finding space.

Not going to dig out any players tonight but I counted that at least six gave below their average performance for the season. You can't win games when that happens. 
To get where we are is pleasing as my predictions for the season were Mansfield, Northampton, Bristol Rovers, Walsall and Vale 5th. But what gnaws is where we were after the Hartlepool game and how it has panned out.

At the end of the game, I had to turn off the tv and when outside to dig in the garden to relieve me of my frustrations !

My son rang me tonight and has two tickets for Exeter as his mate is so deflated and now won't go. Wifey and I will be there on Saturday, cheering on the team I love regardless that I am feeling down in the dumps tonight. 
Matt Taylor the Exeter manager was at today's game and he now has watched Vale live twice recently. To win at Exeter I feel we need to do something different. Formation and personnel change. 

VTID

Archived