onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert

42 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Two of those are Michael Brown and Neil Aspin, both out of football, and another is at York City as we speak. This isn't the good argument you think it is.

Smith can defend at a League 2 level, but is a Sunday league football technically. Other clubs know this, and today Newport purposefully let him have time and space so the ball kept ending up with him, ruining every attack. It was clear as day when he tried to leave 2 years ago and came back to our contract when no one in a league above fancied him. You simply can't play him as a wide centre back. Atrocious today.

Atrocious? No he wasn't. Add to your list of managers AC/DC. Smithy was the least of our problems.  I really do not understand why Vale fans turn on certain players. I could give you a list of who were atrocious. And Smithy was not one. 

He'll be off to L1 summer.  

1 minute ago, PortVale4Life said:

Embarrassing to <ovf censored> this up in the way we have. Literally 2 wins from the 4 would have been enough. 

2 wins against 2 teams with nothing to play for but this is Vale we are talking about.

42 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

One of the Highest Budgets in the league and you say no one expected Play Offs.

Swindon only had about 4 players the week before the season started and they have done as well as us.

Even Carol said we won’t finish 8th ?

The club is in a lot better position than for many years but you can understand the fans disappointment at the last 3 performances combined with the results.

We have been in League 2 a lot longer than Forest Green.

Regarding the recruitment other than Cass, when have Vale made any Decent Loan Signings Not since Tyler Walker.

Alan Lee Tony Sealy and David Healy!!

38 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Smith isn’t good on the ball but <ovf censored> me he ain’t the issue. Have a word with the big players that haven’t turned up for weeks. Pett has been <ovf censored> without Conlon. Garrity until today has been no good. Wilson overrated never scores. Proctor horrible today. 

Hussey what a signing he’s been. Nearly as bad as that cooper

Smith was twice pulled down in the box from corners today but the ref had clearly had the memo about not giving us spot kicks. 

Always tried to be positive as the team has achieved so much this season but that first half especially considering what was riding on today was just unacceptable. We played like a bunch of strangers whereas Newport I thought looked like the team with some urgency. Credit to them as I thought once again they were a very good opponent but no getting away from today is a huge letdown.

Well, we're all getting a lot off our chests tonight aren't we?  Slagging off players who took us to third place not long ago, and who, if I read the forum right after Hartlepool, Salford, Oldham, were definitely going to get us promoted. No one is more gutted than me at todays abject display, but our readiness to turn all dirty guts after that game speaks volumes.  Some of you need to give your head a wiggle. X is crap, Y is garbage, Z has never been any good, A is too slow, B is out of position... Really?  I mean really? How fickle are you? This is the squad which lost its captain and playmaker many games back, just lost its best defender today of all days, and yes, they played like scared rabbits.  And yes I'm massively frustrated, and yes I hate it when we're on the telly because we usually tank, and yes it always happens when a large crowd turns up.  But can we count to ten and then make sensible reasoned comments before we trash players who have done well to get us where we are?  And can we make up our minds about the January transfer window?  One week it's a masterstroke of creative genius from our beloved DoF, the next week it's a wasted opportunity to buy Lionel Messi.  Hello?

Maybe they are playing with injuries, maybe they are not good enough, maybe Crosby got the subs wrong, maybe no-one will die in Ukraine today.  Keep some perspective. I just wish we could hang on to common sense after a bitterly disappointing performance and not just go for our pet hate's throat to make ourselves feel better.  Perhaps Nathan Smith is not a ball player, perhaps Worral's best days are behind him, but can we doubt that they have been on balance good players for the Vale - especially when the chips were down in our relegation struggles?  When we needed our neck saving with a dire chairman and might have become a non- league team?  There are a lot of people stamping their foot on here tonight saying "I want promotion now or it's not fair and the team are bottlers and a pile of crap".  Well welcome to the real world - sometimes we lose, you don't get what you want, and you support a team that play like a team of strangers. Welcome to the Vale. It is enormously annoying, and I am furious at today's result given what was at stake, but I do not subscribe to the player assassination going on here. Really sad that so may fans have turned on the team in this way, even when we were abject. We're all frustrated.  But get your heads up, for pity's sake. It's a long shot, but we might yet make the playoffs. That would be good, wouldn't it, after the trials and tribulations we have had this season? And we might lose in the playoffs as well. 

Had Stone palmed away their first goal, and someone blocked the shot for the second one (which was a very good goal I thought, damn them) and we had scraped home 1- 0 having played dreadfully, we would be lionising our players tonight for "digging out a result when not playing well".  But we were awful, and lost, and we are all gutted. So it's open season for "who shall I hate today for ruining my dreams".  It's all ifs, buts and maybes, but does anyone really think any of those players today got out of bed with the express view of playing like Mary Berry with a sore toe? I think they will all be very disappointed, as will the management and Carol. Time to get behind our team - one game to play.

19 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Crosby said there's a blank piece of paper for players to stake a claim over the 9 days.

Saturday comes around and the same bottlejobs from Walsall are rolled out, in the same formation. It beggars belief

I said the same 

Hall was a huge miss but I expected Gibbo to start for Wozza

1 minute ago, toyahw said:

Atrocious? No he wasn't. Add to your list of managers AC/DC. Smithy was the least of our problems.  I really do not understand why Vale fans turn on certain players. I could give you a list of who were atrocious. And Smithy was not one. 

He'll be off to L1 summer.  

Smithy is a decent League 2 centre half but no way is he good enough for League 1, this is why no team has come him for him before.  You are right that there are bigger issues than him and the goalkeeper situation in the summer is the first position I would be looking at, we got 3 who none of them are good enough as first choice.  Stone the best of a bad bunch but he is a second choice keeper who we are having to play all the time.

16 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Losing that Murray was obviously a big blow we have had no real idea since and look far from a promotion team 

Theres an element of truth in that and also and I know it's like shooting Bambi, but Crosby strikes me as a good coach but I think he falls short as a manager especially when it comes to tactics and substitutions.

we have lost the three most creative players we have had for ages - Conlon, Cass and Den Den Den Den Den Den.....Dennis Politic. The teams forward directive was built for and driven by Cass and Conlon - Walker/Pett are holding midfielders - horses for courses.

Lets hope Lewis is signed close season, it would also be nice to sign one of Edmonson/ Harratt. And I dont think we have seen the last of Politic.

You have all been on slagging off the usual suspects - im not one for this, however........ what has happened to big Jamie, he hasnt seen to be in the least bit arsed since his wonder goal - wonder if he is signed somewhere and is off

Archived