Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

11 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Bang on mate.

you were young once (perhaps)!

4 minutes ago, osprey said:

Certainly were

They drove forward with purpose, moved the ball quickly. Vale didn’t 

it always helps though when the team your playing is scared to tackle!

Advert

3 minutes ago, toyahw said:

You think so?  Several managers don't seem to share your opinion. 

Smiths an excellent defender as a stopper at this level but he isn’t a creative passer. Best he plays centre half. Clears the ball or plays a simple pass.

We're nowhere near it. Look a really poor side devoid of ideas & confidence. Too many players being asked to play in unfamiliar roles.

Wozza has been a problem all season, there was acres of space on his side right from kick off & it was no surprise when the goal came from that side 2 minutes in. Smith & Wozza on that side is a really poor partnership. No pace & Smith isn't a ball playing CB so he has to place centre of the 3 or nowhere for me. His ball distribution is shocking & was again today. Wozza isn't a wing back, end of story.

Hussey had a nightmare of a game & highlighted how well Hall has been playing. I hope he can prove us wrong next season, but he looks like a player on the way out & we've signed him as he winds down his career. 

Wilson & Proc weren't at the races & we still miss a creative midfielder.

I personally think both Sutton & Swindon win next week, which means we need to somehow scrape a draw away at Exeter. On current form that looks very very unlikely. I can honestly see us dropping out completely to compound a truly unbelievable few weeks. Cursed club. 

Smith isn’t good on the ball but <ovf censored> me he ain’t the issue. Have a word with the big players that haven’t turned up for weeks. Pett has been <ovf censored> without Conlon. Garrity until today has been no good. Wilson overrated never scores. Proctor horrible today. 

Hussey what a signing he’s been. Nearly as bad as that cooper

13 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I’ve got a season ticket. I’m extremely negative. That was absolutely <ovf censored>.

Power, I think the number of inept displays have immunised me and I don’t expect great performances from this team. They don’t play well throughout the whole game. Peaks and troughs

Smith either has to play the middle of a 3 man defence or in a back 4, the position we play him just completely ruins all any attacking we have down the right.  For me for the last game, be bringing Gibbo to play in that position.

Why the hell do we keep watering the pitch a few minutes before we kick off? That’s two slips in the last two home games by one of our defenders that have lead to an opposition goal. 
A dreadful first half akin to the second half at Walsall cost us the match. 
Great ovation for Carol and Darrell on the walk round, just a pity a few more fans didn’t stay to thank them both for their efforts. 👏👏

6 minutes ago, toyahw said:

The pile on on Smithy is a typical Vale. He's the least of our problems. 

You play him as a battling centre half in back four not in a 3 and ask him have the ball and start attacks off. Because guess what- he can’t do it. Teams know this and they do let him have the ball because 9/10 he kicks the ball out and the attack ends. I like him in a back four. But please change the system or he needs to be replaced. Cass plays the role perfect. And Jones did the other side. 

2 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

You play him as a battling centre half in back four not in a 3 and ask him have the ball and start attacks off. Because guess what- he can’t do it. Teams know this and they do let him have the ball because 9/10 he kicks the ball out and the attack ends. I like him in a back four. But please change the system or he needs to be replaced. Cass plays the role perfect. And Jones did the other side. 

what happened to jones?

I have read quite a few posts on here tonight and respect every view. The stark reality is however we are inconsistent for a reason we are simply not good enough. I feel gutted tonight like the majority of our loyal fans. Irrespective of what happens this coming Saturday we get behind our owners and support the club we love in whichever league that is and continue to dream.

2 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I feel sorry for Smith, he can't play that position, he's more than fine in the middle he struggles to find a pass, not his fault just the circumstances that find him there.

n,b just check and notice how many goals have come from his side of the defence? lots. 

Archived